Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How many airports?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How many airports?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many airports?

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

OK HERES ANOTHER ONE MY CLUB IS 1000 FEET FROM A GLIDER CLUB> NO PROBLEM> NOW THE GLIDER CLUB WANTS TO GO RADIO> 2.4 STILL NO PROBLEM> NOW SOME OF THE GLIDER GUYS WANT TO GO 72> NOW A BIG PROBLEM>>THEY WANT OUR NITRO FIELD TO COME TO THERE FIELD> PUT A PIN ON THERE BOARD TO TELL WHAT WE ARE FLYING ON AND WHEN DONE COME BACK AND TAKE IT OFF>>THEY WILL DO THE SAME COME TO OUR FIELD>OUR NITRO FIELD SAID OK> I SAID NO >I LOST>I WILL NOT DO WHAT THEY ASKED US TO DO > SOME WILL WILL GET SHOT DOWN > IS THERE ANY THING IN THE AMA THAT CAN STOP THIS THANK YOU ALLEN
Maybe you could use frequency scanners.

www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p

Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

the scanner sounds good > but u give them a inch and they will want a mile also this means that they will have to join the ama ?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
warningshot

the scanner sounds good > but u give them a inch and they will want a mile also this means that they will have to join the ama ?
Why do they have to join the AMA? AMA is not required to fly toy airplanes.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 AM
[email protected]

THE PLANES ARE GLIDERS BUILT BY THE FLYERS SOME HAVE 8 FT WINGS SOME AR WHAT YOU CALL OLD TIMERS GLIDERS>> SO THEY WILL BE RADIO CONTROL SOME ON 72 SOME ON 2.4 SO THAT MAKES THEM RC FLYERS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 AM
warningshot

THE PLANES ARE GLIDERS BUILT BY THE FLYERS SOME HAVE 8 FT WINGS SOME AR WHAT YOU CALL OLD TIMERS GLIDERS>> SO THEY WILL BE RADIO CONTROL SOME ON 72 SOME ON 2.4 SO THAT MAKES THEM RC FLYERS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
No need to shout. I read just fine. The question I asked is " Why do they need to join AMA? "
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 AM
[email protected]

SORRI IDID NOT THINK I SPOKE OUT LOUD>>> BUT I THOUGHT EVERYONE WHO IS IN A AIRPLANE CLUB AND WANTS TO FLY RADIO CONTROL PLANES HAD TO JOIN THE AMA MAYBE IAM WRONG?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 AM
warningshot

SORRI IDID NOT THINK I SPOKE OUT LOUD>>> BUT I THOUGHT EVERYONE WHO IS IN A AIRPLANE CLUB AND WANTS TO FLY RADIO CONTROL PLANES HAD TO JOIN THE AMA MAYBE IAM WRONG?
AMA is not required to fly toy airplanes. Is it a good idea? Maybe. Some AMA members will tell you it is required and there is no other way to do it. They are wrong.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 AM
[email protected]

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT FLY THE PLANES CALL THEM TOYS>BUT MAYBE IAM NOT SAYING IT RIGHT> I HAVE BEEN IN 5 DIFF. CLUBS IN MY LIFE TIME ALL RADIO CONTROL> AS FAR AS I KNOW ALL RADIO CONTROL CLUBS> YOU HAVE TO BELONG TO THE AMA> GO TO TORRY PINES CA AND WATCH THEM FLY SOME GO AS FAST AS 100MPH PLUS OR CAN JOIN THERE CLUB>THE GLIDER PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THERE PLANES THE SAME AS THE POWER PLANES>
Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 AM
warningshot

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT FLY THE PLANES CALL THEM TOYS>BUT MAYBE IAM NOT SAYING IT RIGHT> I HAVE BEEN IN 5 DIFF. CLUBS IN MY LIFE TIME ALL RADIO CONTROL> AS FAR AS I KNOW ALL RADIO CONTROL CLUBS> YOU HAVE TO BELONG TO THE AMA> GO TO TORRY PINES CA AND WATCH THEM FLY SOME GO AS FAST AS 100MPH PLUS OR CAN JOIN THERE CLUB>THE GLIDER PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THERE PLANES THE SAME AS THE POWER PLANES>
You are mixing apples and oranges. I fly toy airplanes and work on real airplanes. IF you want to fly at an AMA Club field you will need to join AMA. If you fly at a non AMA club field you do not have to belong to AMA.
PS Do not type in all caps.That just means you are shouting and comes across as not friendly.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 AM
[email protected]

i must be missing something here are you calling all radio control planes>> toys?? i have a rep from ama coming to our field next month at our club meeting and he will also meet with the ff flyers at that time and tell them the rules and that they cant fly radio control that close to our field sorry about the cap. letters i have a hard time reading the small print
Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

If both clubs are AMA they have guidelines to manage the radio issue. If one is not the AMA club is out in the cold. Some clubs that have had issues with people flying close to them that aren't AMA have gone 2.4 only. This then becomes a safety issue and not a sharing issue. Dennis
Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
JohnShe

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

If both clubs are AMA they have guidelines to manage the radio issue. If one is not the AMA club is out in the cold. Some clubs that have had issues with people flying close to them that aren't AMA have gone 2.4 only. This then becomes a safety issue and not a sharing issue. Dennis
It doesn't matter if either or neither club is AMA. You need some way to communicate frequency use and share the channels without getting into a war or crashing planes. If both clubs agree to use scanners and abide by the first-come-first-served rule then your problems should be solved without anyone have to trudge a half-mile to pin the boards.