Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Nevermind, I see it is in a thread titled "Out of Control".   That thread is in the leader member section.   The only people with the power to moderate that section are admins (meaning AMA employees with that access).   No volunteer moderators can do anything in that forum.

But that has been explained in the past.     

So raise your complaints to the admins. 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Arbo

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Great proof of the double standards allowed there. No doubt about it, makes everything Arbo said here suspect. His credibility is none existent in my eyes.
    First we get attacks, then we get 'i agree and like you', then more attacks. Β*Β*
    Ahhh... I thjink I said:

Arbo,

As someone that had posts removed for simply stating my opinions about some of AMA's policies, I really can't agree...
    But I still like you...LOL
    It is very important to understand that Jesus not only died for our sins but died because of our sins...even harder to understand now, exactly what were those sins???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, considering the fact that no posts were removed because someone stated their opinion of the AMA's policies, it always had to do with rules violations, then by default you agree with me.       Have a great day.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, considering the fact that no posts were removed because someone stated their opinion of the AMA's policies, it always had to do with rules violations, then by default you agree with me. Β* Β* Β* Have a great day.
    No, I still don't agree...but I am going to have a great day flying with my buds! Thanks.
    It is very important to understand that Jesus not only died for our sins but died because of our sins...even harder to understand now, exactly what were those sins???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So Arbo since the forum is being shut dow can you share with us who was the most frequent reported of other members posts that did not break any rules?

Brad
    BALSA USA Brotherhood #93
    1/4 scale Nieuport 11 (elec)
    1/4 scale Fokker Dr1. (elec)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

So Arbo since the forum is being shut dow can you share with us who was the most frequent reported of other members posts that did not break any rules?

Brad
    Question; No matter what he said, would you believe it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brad
    I am not going to compile actual stats, as that would be a nightmare of work. But I can say that dbcisco, KE, LSC were the most report by a group of users. And a large majority of the time, their posts did not break the rules. Two of them got so many reports that eventually the admins banned them because they took a lot of reports against someone to mean 'troublemaker'. There were other groupings of people that didn't seem to like each other, and you knew when they posted you could count on someone reporting it. You were reported a lot by a couple people. Another guy who I won't mention due to a mutual agreement between us to not mention each other. Horrace was usually reported for just about anything he posted, by the same people that constantly reported all the others mentioned.

The funny thing about that reporting system, is it allowed the user to enter a comment. Those that usually reported actual violations, would usually state the violation and what in the message broke that rule. But a good part of the active people on there would attack the user they were reporting. It was not uncommon to open a ticket and see "this guy is nothing but trouble and you should ban his dumb *** now!", only with a bit more explict and harsh language.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Β*
    Brad
    I am not going to compile actual stats, as that would be a nightmare of work. Β* Β*But I can say that dbcisco, KE, LSC were the most report by a group of users. Β* And a large majority of the time, their posts did not break the rules. Β* Β*\

What would be a better question is who was in the "group of users"... since they were actually the real problem IMO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What would be a better question is who was in the "group of users"... since they were actually the real problem IMO
    I think that is pretty easy to figure out. Just think about your interactions with others, and who always seemed to be 'after you'.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To Brad

Do you believe there really was a "group of users" reporting posts that didn't break rules over there? If so, were you one of the group?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Probably the same oner's that continually tried to poison me here, I would guess... They are quite good at defaming people... A great bunch of guys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nevermind, I see it is in a thread titled ''Out of Control''. Β* That thread is in the leader member section. Β* The only people with the power to moderate that section are admins (meaning AMA employees with that access). Β* No volunteer moderators can do anything in that forum.

But that has been explained in the past. Β* Β*Β*

So raise your complaints to the admins.Β*
    Paul,
    I'll just have to take your word for that but I do find it strange that if true, why were you the only one that closed abuse tickets and locked threads with a final post in that forum? Don't bother answering; time and time again you have proven you are not capable of civil discourse with anyone that disagrees with you which is why I personally don't think you should have been given the responsibility of judging others.

Regards
    Frank
    It is not possible to write in such a way that cannot be misinterpreted by a reader determined to do so.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To Brad

Do you believe there really was a "group of users" reporting posts that didn't break rules over there? If so, were you one of the group?
    LOL, I think that ctrout has you chassing a "red herring".

Got to give him credit it sure has got you going................................

The question should be did users over there report posts "THAT DID BREAK THE RULES"?

Watch out there may be black SUV's and "black helisopters heading your way........

Brad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk
    I'll just have to take your word for that but I do find it strange that if true, why were you the only one that closed abuse tickets and locked threads with a final post in that forum?
    I closed tickets about threads in the LM forum when they sat there for a long period of time with no apparent response from the admins, knowing that they had been online several times and thus would have seen the ticket. While the moderators were good at checking the tickets and acting upon them, then removing them so they didn't clutter up the ticket system, the admins would not respond or remove them, so you never knew if they just found the report to not be a violation or not. When I started as a moderator, there were litterally hundreds of tickets in the system, and the admins wanted to disable the reporting system. I pointed out all they had to do was 'close' the one's they have reviewed and acted on or determined they were not violations. Frank and I busted our backsides clearling out loads of old tickets, most pointing to messages and threads that were long ago removed.

So when it comes down to it, if a post/thread was reported in the LM section, and there was no action or response in a couple weeks, you can pretty much bet there would never be any action/response. Time to clear the ticket que.

As stated, not being able to moderate the LM forum, it is not possible for me to lock threads there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To Brad

Do you believe there really was a ''group of users'' reporting posts that didn't break rules over there? If so, were you one of the group?
    LOL, I think that ctrout has you chassing a ''red herring''.

Got to give him credit it sure has got you going................................

The question should be did users over there report posts ''THAT DID BREAK THE RULES''?

Watch out there may be black SUV's and ''black helisopters heading your way........ Β* Β* Β*[img][/img]Β* Β* Β*

BradΒ*Β*

Typical response. Never answer a direct question it seems. Your deflection will be accepted by some but I think some are just to smart for the apparent overly used ruse IMO.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To Brad

I think that ctrout has you chassing a "red herring".

Got to give him credit it sure has got a discussion going................................

The question should be did users over there report posts "THAT DID BREAK THE RULES"? .....

Brad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To Brad

Do you believe there really was a ''group of users'' reporting posts that didn't break rules over there? If so, were you one of the group?
    I think that ctrout has you chassing a ''red herring''.

Got to give him credit it sure has got a discussion going................................

The question should be did users over there report posts ''THAT DID BREAK THE RULES''? Β*..... Β* Β* Β*[img][/img]Β* Β* Β*Β*

Brad Β*
    You give him to much credit.

In this very string is a perfect example of the problem... Its perfectly fine and acceptable to name the people that were reported inappropriately for violations that weren't violations but withhold who was doing the inappropriate reporting... Can't anyone see how unfair that is? Why is that accepted? The answer to that question will give you an insight that is bust-proof.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To Brad

The question should be did users over there report posts ''THAT DID BREAK THE RULES''? ..... [img][/img]

Brad
    You give him to much credit.

In this very string is a perfect example of the problem... Its perfectly fine and acceptable to name the people that were reported inappropriately for violations that weren't violations but withhold who was doing the inappropriate reporting... Can't anyone see how unfair that is? Why is that accepted? The answer to that question will give you an insight that is bust-proof.
    So which online forum discloses who reports a post?????????????????, not AMA, not RCG and not RCU............... well at RCG you can get points for "inappropriate reporting" ? ......... don't think AMA or RCU have that.

Brad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Within the limits of the forum rules here on RCU, it seems that it is ok to name people that did not do wrong, but naming those that 'went after them' would be calling them out, and most often, would be found to be a 'personal attack'. There's nothing to it other than that.

FWIW, I have never seen ctrout do any 'inappropriate' reporting. Genenerally if he reporting something it was a violation, and if it wasn't it was just due to misinterpretation of a post. Never saw any of the blatent abuse of reporting from him as I did from some others.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think you found yours...LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Within the limits of the forum rules here on RCU, it seems that it is ok to name people that did not do wrong, but naming those that 'went after them' would be calling them out, and most often, would be found to be a 'personal attack'. Β* Β* There's nothing to it other than that.

FWIW, I have never seen ctrout do any 'inappropriate' reporting. Β* Genenerally if he reporting something it was a violation, and if it wasn't it was just due to misinterpretation of a post. Β* Β*Never saw any of the blatent abuse of reporting from him as I did from some others.Β*

Actually the correct way to have done that would have been to phrase it along these lines... "There are members that incessantly report a select few of the others even though thier posts did not brake any of the forum rules."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually the correct way to have done that would have been to phrase it along these lines... "There are members that incessantly report a select few of the others even though thier posts did not brake any of the forum rules."
    Well, when you are a moderator, feel free to phrase it however you'd like. Neither way will bother me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually the correct way to have done that would have been to phrase it along these lines... '' members that incessantly report a select few of the others even though thier posts did not brake any of the forum rules.''
    Well, when you are a moderator, feel free to phrase it however you'd like. Β* Β*Neither way will bother me.Β*

Now for clarity, was there AMA forum members that incessantly reported a select few of the others even though thier posts did not brake any of the forum rules?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually the correct way to have done that would have been to phrase it along these lines... '' members that incessantly report a select few of the others even though thier posts did not brake any of the forum rules.''
    Well, when you are a moderator, feel free to phrase it however you'd like. Β* Β*Neither way will bother me.Β*

Now for clarity, was there AMA forum members that incessantly reported a select few of the others even though thier posts did not brake any of the forum rules?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I need to reform the question...

Now for clarity, was there a group of AMA forum members that incessantly reported a select few of the others even though the particular posts reported did not brake any of the forum rules?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast