Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: Arbo

Were you the one that always talked about having messages erased about the safety code or was that FHHubber?
That just kills me LOL...

Man what a thread...we have a moderator from another AMA forum site lamenting how the moderation here is lax... all the while making a case to explain his actions there... gets moderated here... for breaking forum rules... and shows us over and over again he had no idea about what he wads doing there... Can't even keep ten people straight in his mind or was simply making a veiled personal attack... either way, seems pretty dang moronic to me... You be the judge!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Man what a thread...we have a moderator from another AMA forum site lamenting how the moderation here is lax... all the while making a case to explain his actions there... gets moderated here... for breaking forum rules... and shows us over and over again he had no idea about what he wads doing there... Can't even keep ten people straight in his mind or was simply making a veiled personal attack... either way, seems pretty dang moronic to me... You be the judge!
You never took on the task of moderator, so you never got to see how you could be bombarded with constant PM's talking about suing the AMA, and other nonsense.

I guess it must be horrible that I am human and don't have a picture perfect memory of 6 months ago, sure glad you do though. I knew I was breaking the rules here, and certainly never said it was lax here, that's made up by you. And I full well knew what at both minimum and maximum might happen for breaking the rules here.

See there is a big difference between knowing the rules at a site, and breaking them anyway, expecting to be moderated, vs not knowing or pretending to not know the rules, breaking them, then claiming no rule was ever broken that no moderation should ever happened to that perfectly fine message.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 AM
littlecrankshaf

Man...why can't you just say "I done the best job I could there" and just leave at that? In a short time the whole thing won't even be a memory...
Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 AM
phlpsfrnk

Were you the one that always talked about having messages erased about the safety code or was that FHHubber?

crank,
I could not get past his first sentence in that post.

This response really has nothing to do with what you responded to.
I'm still trying to figure it out, must be that syntax thing again, was he talking about his response here or my response to his response there?
Can we get there from here?

Regards
Frank
Old 08-24-2012, 09:09 AM
littlecrankshaf

The only thing that has surprised me so far, is the lack of Ken coming around to delete everything.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:11 AM
littlecrankshaf

... and certainly never said it was lax here, that's made up by you.
Hmmm...
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

ORIGINAL: F4u5

Now if they would just eliminate the AMA, in addition to the forum, all would be well!

If you are not a member, how does that affect you?

Gerry
I don't understand you question/point......

Jeff
Old 08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
littlecrankshaf

Now, make up something else... or do your usual explaining with semantics...
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

I'm still trying to figure it out, must be that syntax thing again, was he talking about his response here or my response to his response there?

Regards
Frank
The same attack over and over.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Arbo

The only thing that has surprised me so far, is the lack of Ken coming around to delete everything.
Yes it surprised me because I knew there were rules violations, and he is usually quicker to action. This does not mean he is lax. As he later said himself, he should have stepped in earlier. So quit trying to drag him into this, and quit making stuff up.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
littlecrankshaf

Yes it surprised me because I knew there were rules violations, and he is usually quicker to action. This does not mean he is lax. As he later said himself, he should have stepped in earlier. So quit trying to drag him into this, and quit making stuff up.

Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no I didn't... I did... I did not... I did too... Just depends when it quits spinning LOL
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

ORIGINAL: Thomas B

Think of it this way for a second, you lay out the funds to open your own forum, then you allow whoever wants to join and they start bashing you and the way you choose to run YOUR site. I can GUARENTEE that you would use your own moderation powers to only hear what you want to hear, and basically that would only be the sunshine being blown up yer arse.
Maybe as a general rule or thesis, Thomas B. you are correct. However IMO, I see things a bit differently.

The Academy of Model Aeronautics, AMA, is a membership organization and is NOT using its ''own'' money to operate the forum. It is using funds from the entire spectrum of membership. Those that do not use the forum pay the same fare as those that do. Kind of like we ''taxpayers'' that support the grandiose living styles of our government people and then we have to abide by their rules while we commoners have absolutely nothing to say about those rules.

Therefore I have very little respect for those that make rules, especially rules that I have to assist with their financial standards, that are designed to zip my lip and action, while blowing the smoke upward. In addition I do not care much for those that, simply to further their own status, condone the rule-makers' actions.

In my 76 years I have tried to be understanding of those that I associate with reference their own problems and situations. OTOH, those that try to use me, mine, or my situations simply to further their own personal status, well, they don't find me to be a friendly ally.
As for AMA I have served long and hard for their positions and programs, I have donated far more than ''dues'' and I don't wave a flag for their intent that I see building bigger each passing day which is less than the support of aeromodeling. 'Nuff said for now! [8D]

Hoss, what you quoted was not my post, it was words from wahoo that he posted in a reply to me. I did not write that. You could consider editing your post to reflect that.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
phlpsfrnk

Regards
Frank
Same misunderstanding of a post not even addressed to you.

Frank
Old 08-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Arbo

Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no I didn't... I did... I did not... I did too... Just depends when it quits spinning LOL
The only spin is the one you are putting forth. Why you desire to make something exist when it does not is incomprehensible.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Arbo

Regards
Frank
Same misunderstanding of a post not even addressed to you.

Frank
A funny thing about forums, you can respond to posts that are not addressing you. It's an amazing new technology.

And the part you quoted was from a response to one of your posts. A response where you did not respond, you only quoted it to someone else to comment on the first sentence. Did you ignore the rest on purpose, or is there some other deep reason?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Live Wire

My God , this mess has gone one long enough, cool it already you are not helping or changeing anything this way. As has been stated this is a hobby not a WAR ZONE
Larry K
Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Pretty sad state of affairs
Old 08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Live Wire

It gets bad when our own has to fight with each other, man what is this hobby coming to .The AMA was and still can be the back bone of this great hobby, if people would just quit trying to cut it down.
Man I have forgot how long I have been a member and this has got to be the biggest mess I have ever seen started. I forgot the lawn mowing event
Old 08-24-2012, 12:54 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Whether the arguments made against Arbo are true or false, based upon his manner and posts here, there is enough to see why a person like this could never do a reasonable job of moderating a forum.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Live Wire

Hey this thread should be locked down it is not serving any purpose other than to degrade the people posting and think they are and I say think they are supporting the cause[] Yes you can blame it on a Mod or what ever they are just doing a job! Would you not do a job to the best of your ability or would you just do it halfass"t. Yess people have a right to there oppinion and yes it should be presented in a civil maner.
I can't believe I typed this
Larry K
Old 08-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: TheEdge

Whether the arguments made against Arbo are true or false, based upon his manner and posts here, there is enough to see why a person like this could never do a reasonable job of moderating a forum.
What experience do you have with online forums?

What have you done as an AMA member to support the AMA?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:09 PM
TheEdge
Banned

What experience do you have with online forums?

What have you done as an AMA member to support the AMA?

Been a member of many sites (this one since the begining)and a member of the AMA for 18 years. But that wasn't what the comment was about.

Jim Graham, as bad a Moderator as that guy is, wouldn't allow himself to be drawn in and to publically expose his emotions the way you are.

You can't be happy with yourself over the way your acting so just let it go and move on. Control yourself.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Arbo

Been a member of many sites (this one since the begining)and a member of the AMA for 18 years.
None of that really answers the questions asked. I kinda expected as much.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

: TheEdge

+1

: TheEdge

Been a member of many sites (this one since the begining)and a member of the AMA for 18 years. But that wasn't what the comment was about.

Jim Graham, as bad a Moderator as that guy is, wouldn't allow himself to be drawn in and to publically expose his emotions the way you are.

You can't be happy with yourself over the way your acting so just let it go and move on. Control yourself.
+1000

Old 08-24-2012, 04:31 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Your in the wrong line, the people who I answer to are located elsewhere.
I dont play these forum games, I don't think I could be any good at it, so trying to suck me in wont work.

Take a break from it Arbo, put the keyboard down and move on, much better things are out there to do than sit there, on your perch, anxiously waiting to defend yourself.

Let it go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.