Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Seeks Official's Flying Site Awarness.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Seeks Official's Flying Site Awarness.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMA Seeks Official's Flying Site Awarness.

Just to visit the positive side of things, the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) is working to bring our sport forward. As I understand it, AMA forces are gathering to attend certain meetings, discussions, conferences, etc. on a public basis. There is one October1st, through 4th, in San Marcos, Texas.

>>>>>>
October 1-4, 2012
Embassy Suites Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
1001 E. McCarty Lane
San Marcos, Texas 78666
(512) 392-6450
Overview
Hays County will host the 90th Annual County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas Conference. This is a great opportunity to get together with fellow judges and commissioners from across the state. An outstanding program is scheduled for elected officials and their spouses.
Your CJCAT officers and their support staff are developing a comprehensive educational program addressing the latest topics in grassroots government. Application is being made for 16 hours of Commissioners Continuing Education Credit, including hours for Commissioners Court Advanced Curriculum. Application has also been made to offer Judicial Continuing Education Credit.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Seeks Official's Flying Site Awarness.

Hoss,

I don't know how we'll that will work out. Let me share with you and the group what we did this past weekend.

Working direct with the Air Show's Air Boss we performed 2, airplane sections and 1 heli section for a crowd of 7,000. Due to the wind all the flying was done by our members that just happen to be members of the ProBro's.

I took up a trainer with a air camera on board for the first flying section and a Mojo 60 on the second one. There was some warbirds and sport flyers there but they did not want to fly.

They could have but the flying window was short and there was a lot of people. I wish they would have but i would never presure someone to fly when they did not feel good about it. They helped out as pit persons.

When whew we're not flying we talked with children and adults on the love of RC flying. I am sure we gave some the bug but we may never know due to our area is a vacation spot.

Please forgive the mis spellings. I am using a iPhone ans some days it is real small.

Crash99
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: crash99

Hoss,

I don't know how we'll that will work out. Let me share with you and the group what we did this past weekend.

Crash99
Crash99,

I think your event and what Hoss/AMA is doing is really quite different. Your's seemed to be more about promoting model aviation directly to the public and Hoss's is more about promoting AMA...or the need of AMA for modeling activities to our community leaders.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: crash99
Hoss,
Crash99
Crash99,

I think your event and what Hoss/AMA is doing is really quite different. Your's seemed to be more about promoting model aviation directly to the public and Hoss's is more about promoting AMA...or the need of AMA for modeling activities to our community leaders.
Thanks LCS. You are right. In addition, Crash 99, you also are playing a big part. Those that you get interested just well might be the folks up there talking to their city, town, etc. Commissioners and political figures. Both operations go well hand in hand. I am just glad to see AMA finally getting out of the sand-box and going to where the Big Boys play.

All of it is a welcome thing that this old fellow tried to light a fire for during many years. Maybe I can think that I did keep a spark smoking somewhere.

All of you that promote aeromodeling at any level can be justly proud of your work. More later.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 AM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks, Your right. We were not promoting the AMA direct. We were promoting the enjoyment of Flying RC. When these people find their local clubs, we are sure they will explan the AMA role for them.

As far as promoting the AMA, I will let others perform that task. You must believe in the AMA other than insurance. I know flying is one of the best hobby one could have. So that makes it easy to promote it.

Crash99
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 PM
rcflyertim

I am glad the AMA is getting involved in this event. I hope more is to come!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: rcflyertim

I am glad the AMA is getting involved in this event. I hope more is to come!
THERE WAS MUCH MORE!

Gents, this is the first time in a long time that I have been so HAPPY with something AMA has taken on. It was simply fantastic the way we were accepted. Many folks displayed much interest in what we displayed, in how they could help with the program, how they could be respectful and/or helpful when some flying club was looking for a place to fly, and there were a number of Commissioners and Exhibitors that were modelers way back including RC but family and time had taken modeling away. They had a ball with the computer on a large screen TV.

Now here is one place to go if a club is needing a hard surface runway, parking lot, etc. www.envirotac.com. I had a good discussion with the company President. It is hard to believe that a hard surface could be obtained for such a low price, like the application would be something like 5 CENTS per square foot and it is parking lot suitable. You can bet I am going to try to get such at my main club, Jetero.

I will be back soon with some pictures. Believe me, this can bring AMA "mucho-mucho" positive attitudes from those that are local people that have considerable pull (push!) with local governmental programs. Local clubs can reap the goodies!

Besides all the Commissioners and judges that were there, there were many business concerns showing their businesses. Besides being extremely educational for me, it was a real treat meeting with so many folks, men and women, that displayed true concern for our sport-hobby.

This one was a Bull's Eye for AMA.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Hossfly

Where are those that call me an AMA Hater? No one answering the good things?

Rick and Benny looking at me! Then our table and an area shot. IIRC 7 areas plus front section. Loaded with displayers.

Here we see AMA Venturing into unknown waters and taking our program(s) onto the outside world.

Is it not time to show our support for the good things?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40364.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1808377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61666.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1808378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21389.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1808379  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:11 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Now here is one place to go if a club is needing a hard surface runway, parking lot, etc. www.envirotac.com. I had a good discussion with the company President. It is hard to believe that a hard surface could be obtained for such a low price, like the application would be something like 5 CENTS per square foot and it is parking lot suitable. You can bet I am going to try to get such at my main club, Jetero.

I wouldn't touch a blade of grass there... I flew there today and it is awesome just the way it is. Matter of fact a few of us talked about that very thing(hard surface) and the consensus was grass is much more appealing. Phooey on asphalt...Yuck... LOL