Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Online Club Management.....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Online Club Management.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Tx_RcFlyer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Club Management.....

I recently received a phone call and an email toa demo sitefrom a group who offers online club management, including web site hosting, Online Membership renewals with paytment option and club\membership managment.Although there is a cost involed, I would think the AMA could easily provide a similar service for a minimal cost to chartered clubs if it cared toadd value to it's chartered clubs and membership. This would certainly provide a benefit far beyond the free patchesyou can get at charter renewal time.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Online Club Management.....

While such may be good for some small business operations, I certainly see absolutely NO reason for AMA to use such service. AMA has what it needs to do what it does.
Why would AMA need to pay for such service. It would be a continual problem trying to get the service to do what AMA needs which is very different from a normal small business and still have to train that company to perform for AMA's needs.

Are you in such a business and trying to drum up more? [:-]
Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Tx_RcFlyer

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Are you in such a business and trying to drum up more? [:-]

Not even close! Been there done that. I already have a career and like my free time to pursue my hobbies!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do they offer training in company sponsored forums?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Tx_RcFlyer

Jim,

Quite honestly, I didn't read all the documents they sent me, so I'm not sure of all the details. I visited their demo site, looked at the pricing and didn't think the cost was something that would fit into our clubs budget. We own our property and have enough expenses with taxes, utilities, general maintenance, etc..... and don't need the additional monthly overhead of this typeservice.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tx_RcFlyer

Jim,

Quite honestly, I didn't read all the documents they sent me, so I'm not sure of all the details. I visited their demo site, looked at the pricing and didn't think the cost was something that would fit into our clubs budget. We own our property and have enough expenses with taxes, utilities, general maintenance, etc..... and don't need the additional monthly overhead of this type service.
Tx_RC, I owe you an apology and so stated. I first read that you wanted the AMA to start using such a service. My younger son owns his own business and has for some years used such service, I forget the name right now, but it saves him a significant amount of time and money. He says that it also keeps the IRS off his back-side. The nature of his business, doing contract work for mostly various state requirements., requires the use of a number of contract workers, as he needs people to work for short periods.

Personally, I don't see AMA either PROVIDING or USING such service as if they provided such service, it would be so overfilled with bureaucracy that the average club could not comply. AMA changes their own programs far too fast, they start something, then change to something else then spin off in another direction. I could list a number of such programs, but I am more than enough in trouble with the AMA hierarchy than is now good for my status.[]

Besides, club officers generally have a difficult time taking care of their local club, and IMO, trying to comply with additional rules and regulations of another AMA provided bureaucratic program would most likely be a strong detriment to the average club. If AMA did such it would be other than "If You Choose...". You can count on that. You will see some more of this when this Community Based Organization gets fully established.

Now before I get la bled as an AMA Hater, I am definitely NOT such. I do get frustrated with the bureaucracy. WHY? I guess since I have been a member for at least 60+ of my 76 years, a Contest Director since 1963, Leader Member since 1964, Contest Coordinator, District VP, and a number of other lesser offices and I have done a number of things that were significant goodies for AMA and the membership.

So once again I apologize for the early step-on-YOUR-toes. Many years of 'Been there, Done that' has established a 'Watch-Out' around me. [:-]