Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for the best AMA fields in the Northern NJ area.

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Looking for the best AMA fields in the Northern NJ area.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for the best AMA fields in the Northern NJ area.

I am going to be buying a home in the near future and my wife and I are both fairly sure northern NJ is the ticket. Obviously being close to a good field is a requirement for me. We currently reside in West Caldwell, NJ and there isn't much around here field wise (Wayne Modelers is about it). I know the AMA site offers a search but it doesn't tell me if the field is actually good. Here is what I know of around there:

Top O' Jersey (two fields, I like the Hackettstown one)
Waywayanda RC and Black Dirt are fairly close, albeit it in NY.

Are there any decent fields in PA near the Delaware Water Gap? Or any other good fields I am missing? I fly everything from foamies to giant scale as well as helis. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Michael R.
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for the best AMA fields in the Northern NJ area.

Check out the Roxbury Area Model Airplane Club. They have maintain a field in the Delaware Water Gap National Park that's beautiful. They have hosted both a pattern and IMAC competitions. For more information visit: http://www.ramac.org/
Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Mike, I will check them out. I have heard of the RAMAC field but have never been there. -Chris S
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM
DrYankum
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Black Dirt field is one of the premiere flying sites in the area. We are self owned and we fly on 14 acres of sod, surrounded by treeless open farm land. We have 2 crossed runways to accomodate different wind directions. We fly all types and sizes of airplanes, and we host the year end IMAC finals for the NE region. Since the flying season is essentially finished for the season, come visit with us in the spring.