Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Where was the AMA

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Where was the AMA

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Dream_Flyer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where was the AMA

Where was the AMA

I went to bomber field in hopes of meeting the candidates of D8. Horrace Cain and Maybe Sandy Frank or Mike Moss but never did see or hear of them even being there. Of which I thought was odd that for such a large AMA gathering there would be some showing of not only elected officers of the AMA or candidates for future representatives of the AMA but there was none. The only one to show up and express great interest of the showing was Jim Branum. I do understand some people do get busy with other more pressing things but not to show or have a representative of the local AMA leadership of such a large and well publisized gathering is not a good thing in my book. Nore is it in the AMA’s best interest to have candidate's on the ballot that are only part time residence of the D8 area. For to be a true rep of the District I do think that one should not only have a place of residence in the district but also live there full time.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:04 PM
SAPropbuster
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Where was the AMA

Oh, Dream Flyer,

That's Jim BranAum (Branaum, with two a's) AMA 1428....
Write-in Candidate for D-VIII AMA AVP....

Old 09-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Dream_Flyer

Where was the AMA

I went to bomber field in hopes of meeting the candidates of D8. Horrace Cain and Maybe Sandy Frank or Mike Moss but never did see or hear of them even being there.[quote ]
//SNIP//

Man, you do live in dream land. AMA, the members, the workers, those that carry the recreation / sport / hobby, or your favorite definition, to the public were all around you.
I spent Sat. there as I stated in your other post with my name (Thanks for the publicity).

AMA was everywhere, AMA as it should be, AMA members enjoying and being a part of a superior show/activity/event, done by a group of individuals that while wanting to be associated with AMA, do not need Big Brother telling them how to operate.

They bought the place, built the place and manage the place. That is why certain elected small-time dictator wanna'-bees stay away. They cannot control the real AMA, the membership. However I do agree with you that the AMA elected DVP should be there, yet one person cannot be everywhere. I will not criticize that absence as I know not the reason.

Well, dreamy, I never saw you either. I definitely never even thought about you, and I certainly wasn't looking for you. I saw SAP and JB several times, but they each stood right beside me at different times, different places, and cared not to conference, so I respected their desire.

The Bomber Field show is far too much of a REAL show of model aviation technology and skill to infest it with petty whimpering politics as you present here. Enjoy the revelations.

Horrace Cain
AMA 539
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76850.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	62853  
Old 09-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Gosh Horrace,

There sure were a lot of folks looking for you and not seeing you Saturday! I know I asked several who were also wondering where you were. Some were even from Jetero.

I had business to conduct so I have to admit to not always looking at every single individual around because I can get focused on the task at hand. However, since you stood by me, you must recall what shirt I had on. Care to share with folks here and really prove me blind?
Old 09-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Live Wire

What do you guy's down south eat for breakfast!!!!1 (GUN POWDER) I hope this does not spread to other DIST. but do love the soup opera tactics, money and pollitics be nice to be able to play in your sand box. Isn't this a great site whoopie and away I go!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:47 PM
blue62
My Feedback: (3)

still waitin to hear what kinda shirt it was............

john
Old 09-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Hossfly

>>>>>>>>>>
still waitin to hear what kinda shirt it was............

john
<<<<<<<<<

Don't hold your breath. I have no reason to have to PROVE any statement as truth.
He could ask SAP if SAP told Robert Kosack (sp?) of Morris Hobby if SAP made the statement "I have communicated with you". I heard that.

One thing I will say, JB has been eating very well since I last saw him. Very healthy.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:58 PM
ctshepherd
My Feedback: (34)

Don't hold your breath. I have no reason to have to PROVE any statement as truth.
And he wants to be elected as an AMA VP??? Good Luck in Dist 8!
Old 09-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Crashem

ORIGINAL: cshepherd

And he wants to be elected as an AMA VP??? Good Luck in Dist 8!
You should have seen him last year when he was running for EVP. Talk about some funny comments!!!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:10 PM
SAPropbuster
My Feedback: (5)

Hey, Hossfly Cain....Out of curiosity, just how much do you think JB weighs, now-a-days?????
I am sorry that I didn't acknowledge your presence...I musta been overwhelmed by all the great model airplanes! I KNOW if I had really put my eyes on you or you had SAID someting to me (you eveidentially know I was there), I would be as gracious as any human being could be and reciprocated....