Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

An Open Letter to Sandy Frank

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

An Open Letter to Sandy Frank

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 02:12 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default An Open Letter to Sandy Frank

This is being published on many venues to insure it is read.

Sandy,
I have not always agreed with you and have frequently thought your directions were wrong, but for the good of the organization I determined to just let you do your thing for another three years until your actions of early summer. I have known about some of your flaws, the penchant to give the impression of a threat of physical violence at EC meetings, the apparent encouragement of others to file or threaten lawsuits against modelers for various reasons, and most of the many various 'screen' pseudo names (UNOWHO, and J.Spence to name a couple) you have hidden behind. But none of those flaws appeared to be strong enough to seriously weaken your position as District VIII AMA VP with the electorate. In fact during your trip to the Valley in February I shared those thoughts with Bill Lee and told him that and that I would rather model than run against you.

Your actions of nominating your friends to run against you smacks of unethical and immoral conduct and is unacceptable behavior from someone who is in a position of authority. I am sure that many in the district share that view as you have never bothered to tell exactly why you felt it necessary to launch a direct attack on very fabric of the fraternal organization we know as the AMA. Your absence from discussions on the subject smacks of an attempt to hide from the responsibility for the actions you have taken.

Someone has suggested that you took that action because you were afraid of Horrace Cain. I find that incredulous because even Horrace admits he cannot beat your in an election. I had thought you had more courage than your actions seem to demonstrate, but I have been wrong before. The impression your actions seem to give is that the AMA is to be run by kings who appoint and anoint their successors and assigns. Now is the time for you to come out in public and tell us why you have taken actions many view as a direct attack on the ability to chose given modelers within the AMA. Now is the time for you to tell why I am wrong.

I remain,

the write in candidate for District VIII AMA VP

Jim Branaum AMA 1428

On some venues A.K.A.
Six_O'clock_High
[email protected]