AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Reply
Old 08-01-2014, 04:40 AM
  #1401
bradpaul
 
bradpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 1,367
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 804 View Post
Well, bradpaul, you know the "M" in AMA is for "model", and the point is that all these pesky multi-rotors are not models of anything, and so are ok to discriminate against and should be shunned by AMA.
They are nothing like the models of yesteryear, like all the "old-timer" rc and free-flight which were faithful model renditions of...uh...hmm..., well
like the pattern planes both nostalgia and modern which were modeled after, you know, um...,
well dang-it, how bout the Four Star, and Goldberg Tiger, and Falcon, those were modeled after, well, something, I guess.
I'll have to get back to ya on this...
What an easy argument to discredit........................... We all know about "warbirds" right?????? Models of fixed wing or rotor wing aircraft flown by the military. And guess what THE LARGEST USER OF DRONES EITHER FIXED WING OR ROTOR WING IS, wait for it,............... THE U.S. MILITARY. And they do fly multi rotors. So yes they ARE MODELS and unlike the Four Star, Goldberg Tiger and Falcon are usually in the same scale as the military aircraft. On top of that they are flown in the same way as the military drone, via FPV.

Thanks for bringing this up and allowing the fact that they are more of a "model" then out traditional "warbird" models we usually fly.

And once again FPV is a method of flying a aircraft (scale or model) and not a type of aircraft.
bradpaul is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:25 AM
  #1402
804
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: sheridan, IN
Posts: 1,167
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpaul View Post
What an easy argument to discredit........................... We all know about "warbirds" right?????? Models of fixed wing or rotor wing aircraft flown by the military. And guess what THE LARGEST USER OF DRONES EITHER FIXED WING OR ROTOR WING IS, wait for it,............... THE U.S. MILITARY. And they do fly multi rotors. So yes they ARE MODELS and unlike the Four Star, Goldberg Tiger and Falcon are usually in the same scale as the military aircraft. On top of that they are flown in the same way as the military drone, via FPV.

Thanks for bringing this up and allowing the fact that they are more of a "model" then out traditional "warbird" models we usually fly.

And once again FPV is a method of flying a aircraft (scale or model) and not a type of aircraft.
Sigh.
bradpaul, re-read my post you quoted carefully, especially the last part where I make it clear to anyone with a bit of imagination that all those types of "models" many of us fly are not
scale renditions of anything, and you should be able to see that I actually am agreeing with your point of view.
804 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 AM
  #1403
bradpaul
 
bradpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 1,367
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 804 View Post
Sigh.
bradpaul, re-read my post you quoted carefully, especially the last part where I make it clear to anyone with a bit of imagination that all those types of "models" many of us fly are not
scale renditions of anything, and you should be able to see that I actually am agreeing with your point of view.
sorry, 804, I did misinterpret your post, my issue is with those that just can't understand that FPV IS NOT a type of model and those that if it doesn't look like a WW2 "warbird" and fly the pattern it needs to be banned.
bradpaul is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:32 AM
  #1404
bradpaul
 
bradpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 1,367
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpaul View Post
sorry, 804, I did misinterpret your post, my issue is with those that just can't understand that FPV IS NOT a type of model and those that if it doesn't look like a WW2 "warbird" and fly the pattern it needs to be banned.
But then I usually fly WW1 "warbirds"................................................
bradpaul is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:50 AM.