Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 AM
bruceal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which would be ok by me because the owner of the heliport has said that he will contact the FAA.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
This has been brought up before. When a helicopter is in the area all model or UAV flying should cease. I have never changed my position. You simply refuse to understand.
Exactly how do you propose to make that happen? Make Mind Reading 304 a required course for all in aviation? Will that be for a Private ticket or are you going to insist it be for all classes of FAA Certifications?

The incident under discussion is one of those and the locals handled it, which has been your goal for many pages, and suddenly you say the FAA will ask for the charges to be dropped. Somehow your consistency of positions reminds me of mercury. I guess if you have a Private ticket you do know it all. Those dummies with Commercial/Instrument tickets and better are stupid.

Your boneheaded "400 feet" or die approach won't work and that is/was/has been my point.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Sport_Pilot

Exactly how do you propose to make that happen? Make Mind Reading 304 a required course for all in aviation? Will that be for a Private ticket or are you going to insist it be for all classes of FAA Certifications?

The incident under discussion is one of those and the locals handled it, which has been your goal for many pages, and suddenly you say the FAA will ask for the charges to be dropped. Somehow your consistency of positions reminds me of mercury. I guess if you have a Private ticket you do know it all. Those dummies with Commercial/Instrument tickets and better are stupid.

Your boneheaded "400 feet" or die approach won't work and that is/was/has been my point.
My knowledge is as an engineer who works with airport design and obstruction requirements as well as a private ticket. As far as the FAA asking charges to be dropped, they will do that if they think they have jurisdiction. I suspect they will not in this case. As far as mind reading, it only takes some smarts and reading of the regulations. If you are talking about knowing when helicopters are approaching, then that only takes a good set of ears and eyes.

BTW I still don't see any proof in your arguments, only straw men, badgering, and ad hominem attacks.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:28 AM
bradpaul

From the land of bogbeagle. Is this "commercial" use?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9267587.html

Last edited by bradpaul; 04-18-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:32 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
From the land of bogbeagle. Is this "commercial" use:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9267587.html
Good one. LOL! A license to steal.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:50 AM
bradpaul

Is "technology" good or bad? Of course it is how it is used that can be "good or bad". We are in this forum by our interest in sUAV technology largely biased to see the "good".

- finding a lost child
- crop survey
- making neat videos

BUT just consider this........................ multirotor/FPV/video is at it's heart a stealth surveillance platform, Does it have great potential for criminal use. you bet.

Don't misunderstand me, I AM NOT calling for a ban, licensing, harsh regulation. What is needed is a open discussion on the benefits / problems so there are fewer "unanticipated consequences".
Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is "technology" good or bad? Of course it is how it is used that can be "good or bad". We are in this forum by our interest in sUAV technology largely biased to see the "good".

- finding a lost child
- crop survey
- making neat videos

BUT just consider this........................ multirotor/FPV/video is at it's heart a stealth surveillance platform, Does it have great potential for criminal use. you bet.

Don't misunderstand me, I AM NOT calling for a ban, licensing, harsh regulation. What is needed is a open discussion on the benefits / problems so there are fewer "unanticipated consequences".
Excellent Post, Mr. Bradpaul.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM
JohnShe

- finding a lost child
- crop survey
- making neat videos

You can also remove the need for criminal use by removing unnecessary penalties. Colorado, California and others are changing the rules that will obviate the need for criminal intent or action. They have turned pot growing into a normal business and there is no longer a need to hide the crop and legal protection is now available. By the way, In areas where pot remains illegal, the law enforcement types can also use drones to locate the hidden crops.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
?SNIP? By the way, In areas where pot remains illegal, the law enforcement types can also use drones to locate the hidden crops.
They might also use "cockpit riders" to find pot growing areas. When I was young and allowed to fly Airliners, it was sometime rather funny to notice the Midwest and SE U.S. corn fields frequently surrounding large circular areas of a much lighter green plant group well inside the corn fields. Very easy to see the differences during departures and in-bounds, on those fair-weather days. Now I have not flown an airliner since age 60, some 18 years ago. My bet says they are still there. BTW for you youngsters, now the age max is 65, May soon be 70. There I am, always a day late and a dollar short.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:08 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to live in a world where a gay couple can use their guns to defend their marijuana crop.

It's all about property ownership. Their lives. Their guns. Their labour.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:53 AM
bogbeagle

Take it a bit further then.

The very existence of the FAA is evidence of the violation of individual' property rights ... since it is funded by taxation. That is, property which is taken against the will of the owners (in most cases).

Like all your "agencies and bureaus", the FAA is funded by the proceeds of crime.

Now, if you are going to tell me that "taxation is voluntary", then explain why you need laws and guns to ensure compliance.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bogbeagle
Take it a bit further then.

The very existence of the FAA is evidence of the violation of individual' property rights ... since it is funded by taxation. That is, property which is taken against the will of the owners (in most cases).

Like all your "agencies and bureaus", the FAA is funded by the proceeds of crime.

Now, if you are going to tell me that "taxation is voluntary", then explain why you need laws and guns to ensure compliance.
Must be that ganja he's using to come up with this one
Old 04-19-2014, 07:40 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by Propworn
Must be that ganja he's using to come up with this one
Could be, because he doesn't understand that in our democratic government, taxes are imposed on the people by the people in order to fund essential government services like the FAA. There is no force involved whatsoever.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:57 AM
bogbeagle

There is no force involved whatsoever.

OK, "no force" ... then explain why you need laws and guns to ensure compliance.

And, pardon me, but don't you have a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 AM
JohnShe

OK, "no force" ... then explain why you need laws and guns to ensure compliance.
The same reason we use laws and guns to enforce laws against murder and theft. Tax evaders are criminals and they get the treatment they deserve.

And, pardon me, but don't you have a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy?
Well, you are kind'a splitting hairs on that. Technically it is called a constitutional republic but we use rules of democracy to select congressional representatives and our executive. These democratically selected leaders then legislate and enforce the laws. If we don't like what they are doing we kick 'em out at the end of there terms and select new representatives and leaders. Been working pretty good for over 200 years.

Last edited by JohnShe; 04-19-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:22 AM
bogbeagle

The same reason we use laws and guns to enforce laws against murder and theft. Tax evaders are criminals and they get the treatment they deserve.

It's a crime to keep your own property?

" taxes are imposed on the people" .... gave yourself away there, just a bit.

Last edited by bogbeagle; 04-19-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Sport_Pilot

[QUOTEWell, you are kind'a splitting hairs on that. Technically it is called a constitutional republic but we use rules of democracy to select congressional representatives and our executive. These democratically selected leaders then legislate and enforce the laws. If we don't like what they are doing we kick 'em out at the end of there terms and select new representatives and leaders. Been working pretty good for over 200 years.[/QUOTE]

You are describing a republic not a democracy. I don't there is a country with a true democracy. In a democracy the people would directly write, propose, and elect our laws.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 04-20-2014 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:48 AM
JohnShe

It's a crime to keep your own property?

It is a crime to evade legitimately imposed taxes. And, since taxes are imposed by the will of the people, they are legitimate.

" taxes are imposed on the people"
.... gave yourself away there, just a bit.
Good one, lift a quote out of context to ascribe your own meaning. That is trolling my boy.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 AM
bogbeagle

It is a crime to evade legitimately imposed taxes. And, since taxes are imposed by the will of the people, they are legitimate.

How can something be both "wilful" ... done with consent ... and, at the same time "imposed"? Explain how that works.

As to trolling ... I'm just throwing back your very own words. You said it again, above ... "taxes are imposed".

What's the difference between King George demanding taxes from you ... and DC demanding taxes from you? (aside from the obvious fact that he only wanted a tiny fraction of the amount that is currently levied)

Last edited by bogbeagle; 04-19-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 AM
bradpaul

You know, if this is a democracy how come I never got to vote for the income tax that I could be put in jail for evading?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 AM
JohnShe

You know, if this is a democracy how come I never got to vote for the income tax that I could be put in jail for evading?
Well, if you bothered to register to vote, you could vote for candidate that support your beliefs. That action is an indirect vote for or against taxes.

When did they stop teaching civics in the schools?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:51 AM
JohnShe

How can something be both "wilful" ... done with consent ... and, at the same time "imposed"? Explain how that works.
im·po·si·tion [im-puh-zish-uhn] Show IPA
noun 1. the laying on of something as a burden or obligation.

2. something imposed, as a burden or duty; an unusual or extraordinarily burdensome requirement or task.

3. the act of imposing by or as if by authority.

4. an instance of imposing upon a person: He did the favor but considered the request an imposition.

5. the act of imposing fraudulently or deceptively on others; imposture.

The will of the people grants the authority to our government to impose taxes as necessary.

As to trolling ... I'm just throwing back your very own words. You said it again, above ... "taxes are imposed".

What's the difference between King George demanding taxes from you ... and DC demanding taxes from you? (aside from the obvious fact that he only wanted a tiny fraction of the amount that is currently levied)
Well George III was imposing taxes on the colonies without the approval of the colonies. The actual amount was not the concern, however it did impose a hardship. That made us kind of revolting.

DC imposes taxes through a democratically elected legislature.

Don't they teach civics in merry old England?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 AM
bogbeagle

Since you have the benefit of "civics" education, let me ask you a question.

Why is "Rape" a crime?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:31 AM
bradpaul

Well, if you bothered to register to vote, you could vote for candidate that support your beliefs. That action is an indirect vote for or against taxes.

When did they stop teaching civics in the schools?
And when did you take civics and fail............. Do you even know the difference between a democracy and a republic?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:37 AM
bradpaul

Well George III was imposing taxes on the colonies without the approval of the colonies. The actual amount was not the concern, however it did impose a hardship. That made us kind of revolting.

DC imposes taxes through a democratically elected legislature.
From the British perspective the "French and Indian War" (colonial name for the "Seven Years War") had cost the treasury billions (in todays dollars) so why shouldn't the colonials pay part of the bill?

Don't they teach civics in merry old England?
But they probably do teach history.

Last edited by bradpaul; 04-19-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.