Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:22 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Do you pack a gun so you can use "stand your ground" as a defense for murder? I call the cops because my taxes pay for them to protect the populace and enforce the law. If your father didn't know that, then he wasn't doing his job.

And you still don't understand what I have said or you are maliciously misinterpreting my words like a troll. I am sick of the false accusations, I will only call when I see a real danger. And you should no that some of those toys that adult sociopaths are playing with represent a real danger.
Your taxes pay for the police to clean up the mess after the fact and hopefully bring the perp. to what we euphemistically call "justice".
Read the daily paper to find out what that is.
Yeah, I occasionally am accompanied by a sidearm. But what I am talking about is situational awareness.
I avoid trouble at all costs.
I don't want to be protected by your nanny state. It can't do it to my satisfaction.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:05 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by 804
I don't want to be protected by your nanny state. It can't do it to my satisfaction.
Ah shucks 804...If we trade just a little more liberty and freedom we'll finally have complete safety and security...it's a known fact!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Surely that must be an oversight of those that love being told what they can do...most certainly there is a law somewhere to fine kids that deliver the daily news on bicycles...dial 911 LOL
Are you kidding? Haven't you seen some police wimpy giving a bicycle rider a ticket?

"Just doin muh job mister, just doin muh job"
Old 05-06-2014, 05:55 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
wonder what the FAA thinks of this.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014...wk-helicopter/

a Army FPV Black Hawk
It's military, the FAA is neither involved nor concerned. The article includes one very important word "Testing" it mentions that the program dates back to 2007. You will also notice the extreme remoteness of the testing location shown in the photo. Looks pretty safe to me,

Last edited by JohnShe; 05-06-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:00 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by 804
Yeah, I occasionally am accompanied by a sidearm. But what I am talking about is situational awareness.
I avoid trouble at all costs.
Do you realize that you are describing a state of paranoia that cries out for professional help?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
Are you kidding? Haven't you seen some police wimpy giving a bicycle rider a ticket?

"Just doin muh job mister, just doin muh job"
Yes I have, we have a bicycle trail that crosses some busy two lane highways and streets at grade level. There are stop signs for the cyclists at each crossing. Occasionally a cyclist will breeze thorough the stop sign into oncoming traffic. There have been fatal accidents because of this behavior. Tickets and warnings are the only way to wake up the idiots.

Last edited by JohnShe; 05-06-2014 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you pack a gun so you can use "stand your ground" as a defense for murder?
Do you even know what that is? Not a defence for murder.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Do you even know what that is? Not a defence for murder.
I have only seen stories were it was used to commit murder. It seem to me that it can only be used when the other party is shooting at you like in a gunfight.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Sport_Pilot

I have only seen stories were it was used to commit murder.
No, it is used to help describe self defence. It cannot be used to commit murder because it is used to define murder. Murder is a legal definition. If found to be defending oneself it is not murder.

That is to say the definition of murder is the unlawful killing of a person. So if found lawful because of self defence, stand your ground or not, then it is not murder.

It seem to me that it can only be used when the other party is shooting at you like in a gunfight.
Or stabbing you, hitting you, drowning you, poisoning you, ... wait not sure how it would fit for poisoning. Maybe if the poison is being forced into you. And actually that is not stand your ground. Stand your ground means that you do not have to flea, even it is possible. Without a stand your ground law you have to flea if not trapped, even if bullets may hit you as you run.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 05-06-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
NorfolkSouthern

Do you realize that you are describing a state of paranoia that cries out for professional help?
In some people's minds, everybody needs professional help. I guess it really does take a sociopath to make enough money to buy and build that $15,000.00 jet you see at the Top Gun Air Show.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
In some people's minds, everybody needs professional help. I guess it really does take a sociopath to make enough money to buy and build that $15,000.00 jet you see at the Top Gun Air Show.
Expensive is relative to your income.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:44 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
Nah! That's just a guy with too much money to burn. Actually, If I could afford it I might try it too. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 AM
JohnShe

No, it is used to help describe self defence. It cannot be used to commit murder because it is used to define murder. Murder is a legal definition. If found to be defending oneself it is not murder.

Or stabbing you, hitting you, drowning you, poisoning you, ... wait not sure how it would fit for poisoning. Maybe if the poison is being forced into you.
Shooting an unarmed person is murder. That has happened more than once by someone claiming "Stand Your Ground'. Some guy was recently convicted of murder when all he had to do was hold a pair of burglars at gunpoint till the police arrived. I believe he shot them both several times to make sure that they were dead. But, you can never be sure, you know how those burglars lie.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Sport_Pilot

Shooting an unarmed person is murder. That has happened more than once by someone claiming "Stand Your Ground'. Some guy was recently convicted of murder when all he had to do was hold a pair of burglars at gunpoint till the police arrived. I believe he shot them both several times to make sure that they were dead. But, you can never be sure, you know how those burglars lie.
Shooting an unarmed person is not necessarilly murder. Did the burglars have knives, or were they much larger and capable of serious harm or death without a gun? Was this person sentanced? Techically it is not murder till convicted. And if not it is not murder, no matter how you feel the law should be upheld.
t
Old 05-06-2014, 10:00 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shooting an unarmed person is not necessarilly murder. Did the burglars have knives, or were they much larger and capable of serious harm or death without a gun? Was this person sentanced? Techically it is not murder till convicted. And if not it is not murder, no matter how you feel the law should be upheld.
t
+1
Old 05-06-2014, 10:16 AM
JohnShe

t
Whoa! You really are misinformed. Murder is murder. Police a trained repeatedly to use careful judgment when using their weapons. They are required by law to use the least force possible. The man in my story committed murder. None of your equivocations applied when the jury found him guilty. Citizens have no business using guns in situations where there is no threat. Too many of the "stand your ground" Incidents have involved unarmed individuals who were no threat to the gunman.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Sport_Pilot

Whoa! You really are misinformed. Murder is murder. Police a trained repeatedly to use careful judgment when using their weapons. They are required by law to use the least force possible. The man in my story committed murder. None of your equivocations applied when the jury found him guilty. Citizens have no business using guns in situations where there is no threat. Too many of the "stand your ground" Incidents have involved unarmed individuals who were no threat to the gunman.
Then as I said it is murder if convicted. I asked you if that was so. Stand your ground did not apply in that case, though used as a defense. But still it is not necessary to be armed to kill someone. In most states it is if one is reasonably threatened with death or major injury. That could be you against a big guy who is an expert at karate. In many states you can shoot him if he threatens you, especially if you show your weapon and give him time to stand down.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:06 AM
JohnShe

Then as I said it is murder if convicted. I asked you if that was so. Stand your ground did not apply in that case, though used as a defense. But still it is not necessary to be armed to kill someone. In most states it is if one is reasonably threatened with death or major injury. That could be you against a big guy who is an expert at karate. In many states you can shoot him if he threatens you, especially if you show your weapon and give him time to stand down.
You are still demonstrating a level of paranoia that cries out for professional help. And, a disdain for your fellow human beings that could land you in jail or worse if you were to carry out your beliefs.

Let's make no more of this is is draggin on and going nowhere.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Sport_Pilot

You are still demonstrating a level of paranoia that cries out for professional help. And, a disdain for your fellow human beings that could land you in jail or worse if you were to carry out your beliefs.

Let's make no more of this is is draggin on and going nowhere.
I simply explained the law. I can't help it if you are unaware that it can be legal to shot an unarmed person in some situations. That AH who shot Trevon Martin was not exactly in the right, but unfortunately with the evidence presented the verdict was just. It was as the law stated.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:48 AM
bradpaul

Default Government drone mistakenly delivered to US college student

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...e-student.html

Now this is so indicative of government efficiency.......................

NOAA was shipping a drone to Stellwagen Bank Marine Sanctuary in Massachusetts. It was shipped in eight boxes via UPS (see even the government does not use USPS), one box got lost and was missing for so long it was in storage. So for some unknown reason they ship it to a college student. THE DRONE COST $350,000 and NOBODY in the government was concerned?????????

Better collect some more drone fines to pay for that one.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:53 AM
bradpaul

Default Heli-truck hybrid takes to the air

Now this one is pretty cool, but I guess John would call 911 if he saw it on his street.

Could this be the prototype new UPS truck to deliver drones that they lost?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...o-the-air.html
Old 05-06-2014, 12:02 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Our self defense laws in many states in this country are in bad in shape, In some states such as calif you will be in more trouble for showing someone
a gun or even telling them you have a gun so they will stand down than if you actually killed them.

I know this thread has kind of went off topic so I wont post anymore on the self denfense issue.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Sport_Pilot

An octocopter! I wanna see it flip!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Sport_Pilot

Journalists want their drones too! And they are using Pirkers suit to open the door!

http://news.yahoo.com/news-media-challenge-ban-journalism-drones-182600825--finance.html
Old 05-07-2014, 10:46 AM
cj_rumley

Journalists want their drones too! And they are using Pirkers suit to open the door!

http://news.yahoo.com/news-media-challenge-ban-journalism-drones-182600825--finance.html
AMA wants them to have their drones, too.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...ts-about-suas/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.