Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA intentionaly hyping up Drone News. AMA needs to go to WAR!

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA intentionaly hyping up Drone News. AMA needs to go to WAR!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:08 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bradpaul
One of the local RC clubs here in Central Florida has given free memberships to manufactures, hobby shop owners, well known competition pilots, etc., is that commercial compensation?
Section 336 clearly recognizes the model aviation products industry with this statement: "any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft, or an aircraft being developed as a model aircraft". The FAA acknowledeges that statement in their interpretation but them contradicts itself with the statement that "Receiving money for demonstrating aerobatics with a model aircraft." is comercial and not recrational. It becomes contradictory when the demonstration is done for marketing purposes. I think that we should write comments that are rational and polite, but not whiny or insulting, that point out this discrepancy and the chilling effect it would have on the industry.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:10 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Section 336 clearly recognizes the model aviation products industry with this statement: "any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft, or an aircraft being developed as a model aircraft". The FAA acknowledeges that statement in their interpretation but them contradicts itself with the statement that "Receiving money for demonstrating aerobatics with a model aircraft." is comercial and not recrational. It becomes contradictory when the demonstration is done for marketing purposes. I think that we should write comments that are rational and polite, but not whiny or insulting, that point out this discrepancy and the chilling effect it would have on the industry.
Yeah...nicely plead for mercy...That's the answer...
Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Yeah...nicely plead for mercy...That's the answer...
Sad, really you didn't come close to understanding what I just said.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Sad, really you didn't come close to understanding what I just said.
Like I said, not interested in trying to figure out your riddles. Heck, you can't even figure out what you said...
Old 08-22-2014, 10:00 AM
cj_rumley

How long did it take AMA to decide that model airplane flying instruction for hire is not a commercial activity verboten by their rules?

It would take an immense policing effort by FAA to enforce every stretch of this provision in the law that has been imagined by some participants in any discussion of part 336. Where does FAA get the resources to do this, and to what end?

The reason 'non-commercial' is a condition in the statute at all is because it was the one attribute of recreational/hobby model aircraft (the only of aircraft that were not regulated) that separated them from classes of UA that were seen as needing regulation by FAA. AMA, Congress, all seem(ed) to be in agreement on this. I am, and I want it to stay that way. This issue is no more than a decomposing red herring thrown out by AMA marketeers because they don't want to cop to what they really wanted and didn't get.

Developers will continue to develop and distributors will carry on with their marketing. Even if there was the remotest chance that FAA would go after them, they'll continue do it easily under the radar. And I'll still sell my overstock of toy airplanes items at local swap meets and tell the Fantastic FAA Forces 'catch me if you can.' And if somebody loses in their bluff that the videos sold to the TV station of a local emergency were taken when he just happened to be flying his model airplane overhead..........screw him.

cj
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
How long did it take AMA to decide that model airplane flying instruction for hire is not a commercial activity verboten by their rules?

It would take an immense policing effort by FAA to enforce every stretch of this provision in the law that has been imagined by some participants in any discussion of part 336. Where does FAA get the resources to do this, and to what end?

The reason 'non-commercial' is a condition in the statute at all is because it was the one attribute of recreational/hobby model aircraft (the only of aircraft that were not regulated) that separated them from classes of UA that were seen as needing regulation by FAA. AMA, Congress, all seem(ed) to be in agreement on this. I am, and I want it to stay that way. This issue is no more than a decomposing red herring thrown out by AMA marketeers because they don't want to cop to what they really wanted and didn't get.

Developers will continue to develop and distributors will carry on with their marketing. Even if there was the remotest chance that FAA would go after them, they'll continue do it easily under the radar. And I'll still sell my overstock of toy airplanes items at local swap meets and tell the Fantastic FAA Forces 'catch me if you can.' And if somebody loses in their bluff that the videos sold to the TV station of a local emergency were taken when he just happened to be flying his model airplane overhead..........screw him.

cj
There is no policing effort required at all. All the FAA has to do is punish reported and discovered offenders. Judging by the number of morons out there, the fines could pay off our national debt. Every time some buffoon posts a video on U-Tube, wham-o they got him.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:41 AM
cj_rumley

There is no policing effort required at all. All the FAA has to do is punish reported and discovered offenders. Judging by the number of morons out there, the fines could pay off our national debt. Every time some buffoon posts a video on U-Tube, wham-o they got him.
Is their some code of conduct amongst miscreants that compels them to document their misdeeds on UTube?
Old 08-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the fines could pay off our national debt.
Naw. It will stay with the FAA. If they receive to much revenue they will just have a hot tub and wine party, oh sorry, I meant a convention.