Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Division among AMA members? Battle lines being drawn....

So looks like there is a division among AMA members regarding FPV flight be it rotor or fixed wing.... Looks like people or either for or against FPV, not to many in the middle ground. I'm not for FPV, but i may be in the middle ground as long as it's over private rural land or AMA sanctioned field, I'm against FPV out in the public open airspace...

What are yall's opinion on the matter? I tend to agree with Bob of BVM models and share his is FPV views as it pertains to AMA trying so hard to fight for it against the FAA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I don't have problem with FPV as a segment of the hobby, but rather the ones who use it irresponsibly. The AMA's requirement that another pilot be involved on a buddy box is good but the problem is really not with AMA members but with all the ones who will go get one and just start flying it any where they want. The AMA needs to focus on the mainstream of the hobby not the fringe and if needed offer up the sacrificial lamb to please the FAA gods.
    If what you believed to be true was false would you want to know the truth?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureboy View Post
    I don't have problem with FPV as a segment of the hobby, but rather the ones who use it irresponsibly. The AMA's requirement that another pilot be involved on a buddy box is good but the problem is really not with AMA members but with all the ones who will go get one and just start flying it any where they want. The AMA needs to focus on the mainstream of the hobby not the fringe and if needed offer up the sacrificial lamb to please the FAA gods.
    Yes I agree, live to fight another day and choose your battles wisely. Just like I ride a sport bike, and the squids go out there on their sport bikes and ride fast and do stunts, that makes all sport bike riders who follow the law look bad. One bad apple doesn't spoil us as a bunch, but it does in public perception :-(
    AMA # 820546
    Think Long, Think Wrong
    No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people that ask questions