Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another "Drone" incident in the news... , mostlikely non AMA member

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another "Drone" incident in the news... , mostlikely non AMA member

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:31 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that's funny.., as I have been a crane operator, repaired cranes and moved cranes for a living. And I can tell you that some little model flitting around is about like a fly nesr that elephant in yor neighbors yard. You are a funny person to me .
Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Now that's funny.., as I have been a crane operator, repaired cranes and moved cranes for a living. And I can tell you that some little model flitting around is about like a fly nesr that elephant in yor neighbors yard. You are a funny person to me .
You must not have done any serious lifts. The last thing you need is any unnecessary distraction with a couple of tons swinging under that boom.

Last edited by JohnShe; 08-31-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:59 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by JohnShe
You must not have done any serious lifts. The last thing you need is any unnecessary distraction.
Ok then... Since your subjectivity is all that matters... I need to define what constitutes a "serious lift " in your very subjective mind before I tell you I have.., lol
Old 08-31-2014, 11:20 AM
JohnShe

Ok then... Since your subjectivity is all that matters... I need to define what constitutes a "serious lift " in your very subjective mind before I tell you I have.., lol
You have never lifted a two ton piece of duct work in between two existing structures have you? watched a lift like that once it took a lot of careful attention by the lift director the operator the load handlers on the ground and the steel workers on the structures. Somebody could have been killed easily, not to mention thousands of dollars worth of damage. Interference of any kind is not welcome.

Now, I have a question for you. I pointed out that flying in a remote location, where you have permission, meets AMA and FAA guidelines and you throw a fit. Then you tell me that it is OK to fly where you are not wanted. Are you losing it? I am beginning to think that no matter how your tinfoil cap fits, it ain't helping you. You either need more tinfoil or specialized help.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:31 AM
r_adical
My Feedback: (19)

I bet those foreigners are shaking in their boots LOL... I think you and I agree about preserving the sanctity of natural settings such as Yellowstone...I would be proponent of making a no-fly zone for full scale in a manner that would prevent even seeing or hearing them while enjoying the natural wonders...but with that being said, education is the key...do not particularly wish so-called violators severe penalties because of their ignorance due to lack of notice...but after being duly educated the penalties should go up proportionally.
Since I live around Yellowstone I have taken a plane or two into the park in the back of my vehicle on a fishing trip, but it stays there.

With all of the incidents this year no one should be caught off guard flying these things.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:38 AM
littlecrankshaf

You have never lifted a two ton piece of duct work in between two existing structures have you? watched a lift like that once it took a lot of careful attention by the lift director the operator the load handlers on the ground and the steel workers on the structures. Somebody could have been killed easily, not to mention thousands of dollars worth of damage. Interference of any kind is not welcome.

Now, I have a question for you. I pointed out that flying in a remote location, where you have permission, meets AMA and FAA guidelines and you throw a fit. Then you tell me that it is OK to fly where you are not wanted. Are you losing it? I am beginning to think that no matter how your tinfoil cap fits, it ain't helping you. You either need more tinfoil or specialized help.
What?? you are twisting things... I never said anything about it being OK to fly where you're not wanted... If you want to continue accusatory invectives fabricated only to justify your ever diminishing credibility, i'll just refrain from wasting anymore time on you.

Oh as far as crane the crane lifts...the two ton HVAC equipment lift would have been child's play compared to the work I've done...but at least you have a produced base line for your ever ignorant subjectivty...not even worth discussing with you...

Just keep your finger over the 911 speed dial... I've learned enough now... I'll take the elephant any day LOL
Old 08-31-2014, 11:41 AM
bradpaul

John , John, I realize you are having fun but you are making a fool of yourself with the continuing statements that flying a turbine jet or a model over 55 lbs meets the AMA guidelines if flown in a remote location. Per AMA documents a turbine jet must always be flown by a pilot with a jet waiver. A model over 55 lbs must always have a Permit to Fly.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by r_adical
Since I live around Yellowstone I have taken a plane or two into the park in the back of my vehicle on a fishing trip, but it stays there.

With all of the incidents this year no one should be caught off guard flying these things.
I understand. And that is commendable...I've had similar instances but refrained from flying my model in the public area as a simple consideration of those that were there for reason other than just to see me show off my little toy.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:09 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
John , John, I realize you are having fun but you are making a fool of yourself with the continuing statements that flying a turbine jet or a model over 55 lbs meets the AMA guidelines if flown in a remote location. Per AMA documents a turbine jet must always be flown by a pilot with a jet waiver. A model over 55 lbs must always have a Permit to Fly.
Only at events, read the whole thing. Your interpretation creates a catch 22. If you don't have a turbine or over 55 waiver how ya gonna get one if you can't fly to earn qualification? Besides, if you have enough room to fly without endangering people, things or the NAS who is gonna catch you?
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM
littlecrankshaf

Only at events, read the whole thing. Your interpretation creates a catch 22. If you don't have a turbine or over 55 waiver how ya gonna get one if you can't fly to earn qualification?
Only at events??? Man your programming got scrambled...

Besides, if you have enough room to fly without endangering people, things or the NAS who is gonna catch you?
Some ignoramus with speed dial 911 on his cell phone?
Old 08-31-2014, 01:20 PM
DrYankum
My Feedback: (11)

If you live in the United States, there are some hoops that you need to jump through to fly turbine-powered models. The AMA does provide liability protection for turbine pilots, but you must obtain a special waiver. To earn your waiver you basically need to prove that you are a competent pilot by performing a flight test in front of two waivered turbine pilots, one of whom is also an AMA contest director. All of your test flights leading up to the exam must be done on a buddy box.

Certainly not a catch 22.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:12 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Only at events, read the whole thing. Your interpretation creates a catch 22. If you don't have a turbine or over 55 waiver how ya gonna get one if you can't fly to earn qualification? Besides, if you have enough room to fly without endangering people, things or the NAS who is gonna catch you?
That's like asking "how ya gonna solo in a
full-scale if you can't fly around solo to earn qualification?"
I hope you see how dumb that sounds.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:22 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by 804
Good point 804. I hope you enlightened him some.

I wasn't really sure what he was trying to say as it seemed so nonsensical... but when he never replied to clarify I figured he was just having a hard time word-smithing a comeback response that fits his erroneous assbackwards position.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:15 PM
JohnShe

Only at events??? Man your programming got scrambled...
You can fly anything you want anyway you want on priviate property if you have permission and enough room, Enough said.

Some ignoramus with speed dial 911 on his cell phone?
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around for it to fall on, does it endanger anybody? Your koan for the day.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:18 PM
littlecrankshaf

You can fly anything you want anyway you want on priviate property if you have permission and enough room, Enough said.

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around for it to fall on, does it endanger anybody? Your koan for the day.
Is that the best you can do? Not much of a riddle at all. After all that time I was expecting much better from you. LOL
Old 08-31-2014, 05:20 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by DrYankum
If you live in the United States, there are some hoops that you need to jump through to fly turbine-powered models. The AMA does provide liability protection for turbine pilots, but you must obtain a special waiver. To earn your waiver you basically need to prove that you are a competent pilot by performing a flight test in front of two waivered turbine pilots, one of whom is also an AMA contest director. All of your test flights leading up to the exam must be done on a buddy box.

Certainly not a catch 22.
Well your homeowners will provide some liability coverage, maybe all of it if you don't kill anybody. Waivers only apply for AMA sanctioned events and club fields. There is plenty of leeway to learn to fly and to qualify, read the rules. But some people don't want to join the AMA this is a solution for them. Remember, the FAA is on a tight leash and cannot require anyone to join the AMA.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM
JohnShe

Is that the best you can do? Not much of a riddle at all. After all that time I was expecting much better from you. LOL
Really, you think you are that smart,then what's the answer? It's a koan, not a riddle, didn't you mother teach you anything?
Old 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM
littlecrankshaf

Well your homeowners will provide some liability coverage, maybe all of it if you don't kill anybody. Waivers only apply for AMA sanctioned events and club fields. There is plenty of leeway to learn to fly and to qualify, read the rules. But some people don't want to join the AMA this is a solution for them. Remember, the FAA is on a tight leash and cannot require anyone to join the AMA.
Man...your programming has failed.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by 804
You don't know what a metaphor is? Sad.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:26 PM
JohnShe

I understand. And that is commendable...I've had similar instances but refrained from flying my model in the public area as a simple consideration of those that were there for reason other than just to see me show off my little toy.
Nobody wants to see you little toy, not even your girlfriend.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:27 PM
littlecrankshaf

Really, you think you are that smart,then what's the answer? It's a koan, not a riddle, didn't you mother teach you anything?
I just lost my mother via a long and agonizing illness...but tahnks for your concern.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:12 PM
jerryjones832

I warned everyone when they let these damn foam airplanes in the hobby the park fliers it was the end of our wonderful hobby and it has came true now we have to answer to faa not our cbo ama
Old 08-31-2014, 06:19 PM
JohnShe

Man...your programming has failed.
If you are not in the AMA, how do you get a turbine waiver?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:22 PM
JohnShe

I just lost my mother via a long and agonizing illness...but tahnks for your concern.
my mother passed away some years ago. But, I still remember what she taught me. So explain, if nobody sees you flying, who is gonna report you?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

You don't know what a metaphor is? Sad.
Do you???
I used metaphor to try to show you what a stupid statement you made about obtaining a
turbine waiver.
You are just plain wrong about this, and several folks here have tried to educate you, but you stubbornly hang on to your fantasy.
You obviously enjoy looking foolish here-THAT is sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.