Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another "Drone" incident in the news... , mostlikely non AMA member

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another "Drone" incident in the news... , mostlikely non AMA member

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:45 PM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"catch 22" is a metaphor. Yes, there is a method in the rules. It requires numerous practice flights with witnesses. But a waiver is impossible to obtain and useless for those who aren't AMA members. The only place they can fly is on private property that is big enough for the beasts.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:56 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by JohnShe
"catch 22" is a metaphor. Yes, there is a method in the rules. It requires numerous practice flights with witnesses. But a waiver is impossible to obtain and useless for those who aren't AMA members. The only place they can fly is on private property that is big enough for the beasts.
Wait...your original contention was that the waiver only applied at events...Some may buy into your pathetic misdirections...but you are not fooling anyone here...

Oh and your most recent misinformation "The only place they can fly is on private property that is big enough for the beasts." is wrong as well...
Old 08-31-2014, 07:01 PM
littlecrankshaf

If you are not in the AMA, how do you get a turbine waiver?
Oh, send me 10 bucks and a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll be glad to send you one.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Oh, send me 10 bucks and a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll be glad to send you one.
Perfect answer, you can't.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 PM
littlecrankshaf

Perfect answer, you can't.
Oh yes I can...and I can also sell you a quit claim deed for the Brooklyn Bridge but that is a little more expensive. Just for you tho I'll give a special discount if you get both at the same time. $25 dollars total but that is a limited time offer, so don't delay...Send your money today!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 PM
JohnShe

Wait...your original contention was that the waiver only applied at events...Some may buy into your pathetic misdirections...but you are not fooling anyone here...
That is correct, i have said at AMA events, club fields is implied but you can use club fields to learn how to flay and qualify for a waiver. Only if youi are an AMA member and want to participate in club events. And, maybe fly at the club field without a buddy box, if you are an AMA member.

Oh and your most recent misinformation "The only place they can fly is on private property that is big enough for the beasts." is wrong as well...
So, you know all the right answers, what are they?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:28 PM
littlecrankshaf

That is correct, i have said at AMA events, club fields is implied but you can use club fields to learn how to flay and qualify for a waiver. Only if youi are an AMA member and want to participate in club events.

What??? lots of back pedaling there... but still wrong.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:40 PM
littlecrankshaf

If you would just revert back to calling everyone a sociopath that doesn't fit into your subjective opinion of what a real modeler is, then you'll have your answer...no matter how wrong...you will have one.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:45 PM
JohnShe

If you would just revert back to calling everyone a sociopath that doesn't fit into your subjective opinion of what a real modeler is, then you'll have your answer...no matter how wrong...you will have one.
In other words you don't really know. I suspected as much.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:46 PM
JohnShe

What??? lots of back pedaling there... but still wrong.
No I have never back pedaled. You simply lack the ability to comprehend my superior reasoning skills.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 PM
littlecrankshaf

No I have never back pedaled. You simply lack the ability to comprehend my superior reasoning skills.
Oh... I see the problem here... delusional grandeur... it makes sense now...given the self-rightous subjectivity you apply to things you have trouble understanding.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:22 PM
JW0311

Would BLM land count as private and do I need permission to fly there? I do a lot of flying on BLM. Just curious. Enough of it out here you could fly a full scale and not endanger anyone.

James
Old 08-31-2014, 08:24 PM
JW0311

" Not endanger anyone " is subjective, of course.

James
Old 08-31-2014, 08:38 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by JW0311
Would BLM land count as private and do I need permission to fly there? I do a lot of flying on BLM. Just curious. Enough of it out here you could fly a full scale and not endanger anyone.

James
You have to have permission. Go to the BLM and ask.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by JW0311
" Not endanger anyone " is subjective, of course.

James
Really! A plane flying right at you is not a danger? A plane flying over, at or near (the AMA recommends 65 feet from the near side of the runway for spectator safety) people is creating a dangerous situation.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 PM
JohnShe

Oh... I see the problem here... delusional grandeur... it makes sense now...given the self-rightous subjectivity you apply to things you have trouble understanding.
So you evade the issue and embarrassing yourself by playing games. I suspected as much from you. If you think you are right, stick your neck out, like I have been doing, and describe why I am wrong, if you can. I don't think you can.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:29 AM
littlecrankshaf

So you evade the issue and embarrassing yourself by playing games. I suspected as much from you. If you think you are right, stick your neck out, like I have been doing, and describe why I am wrong, if you can. I don't think you can.
John,

I've been giving it a lot of thought and I have come to a conclusion... and now have the only answer that will satisfy you... You are right.

From this moment on, if I or anyone else I know needs guidanace about matters of model airplanes, I hope you will be so kind and continue to share your great wisdom.

You have been a real asset here and a source of great knowledge based purely on your extensive experiences in this great hobby and all matters that relate.

We have learned a lot from you and I want to just say thanks for you being you.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:51 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerryjones832
I warned everyone when they let these damn foam airplanes in the hobby the park fliers it was the end of our wonderful hobby and it has came true now we have to answer to faa not our cbo ama
I'm sure everyone groaned when they heard the warning. Even more so since the warning was completely wrong, and even this most recent comment is wrong, it's not a foamy that's being discussed here.

Let me guess, ARFs were going to rule the hobby too right? And Helis, and then those new fangled battery powered planes too eh? If it's not stick built and nitro, it doesn't work for the hobby right?

So glad that mentality is slowly disappearing from clubs and is being replaced by folks who enjoy many aspects of the hobby, not just ones from 50 years ago.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:01 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by porcia83

Let me guess, ARFs were going to rule the hobby too right? And Helis, and then those new fangled battery powered planes too eh? If it's not stick built and nitro, it doesn't work for the hobby right?
Good questions. hopefully John will weigh in and give us the answers.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 AM
cj_rumley

Is there any doubt?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by porcia83
I'm sure everyone groaned when they heard the warning. Even more so since the warning was completely wrong, and even this most recent comment is wrong, it's not a foamy that's being discussed here.

So glad that mentality is slowly disappearing from clubs and is being replaced by folks who enjoy many aspects of the hobby, not just ones from 50 years ago.

Since CJ and LCS insist, I will chime in. I personally think that the hobby is about having fun. I think that new technology and new model merchandising are obviously changing things for the better for most and maybe not for others. But, there are plenty of hobby products to satisfy all comers. Let's all get together and fly safely and do our best to promote the best parts of the hobby.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

You dare poke fun at the all seeing Karnac????? You phool you don't know the wrath of the all seeing one.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:40 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just remember all you posters' there is a big difference between a toy and a model.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:52 AM
bradpaul

Default Another moron

http://kxan.com/2014/08/31/ut-police...-use-over-dkr/

The comments are interesting.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:54 PM
JohnShe

John,

I've been giving it a lot of thought and I have come to a conclusion... and now have the only answer that will satisfy you... You are right.

From this moment on, if I or anyone else I know needs guidanace about matters of model airplanes, I hope you will be so kind and continue to share your great wisdom.

You have been a real asset here and a source of great knowledge based purely on your extensive experiences in this great hobby and all matters that relate.

We have learned a lot from you and I want to just say thanks for you being you.
Dang! LCS, here I went and flang down the gauntlet and you wimp out one me. I am speechless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.