Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Old 11-15-2014, 06:44 AM
rodman293
Banned
My Feedback: (136)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some of us don't have your luxury of having a place like a desert to fly in, so we all have to be vigilant and responsible for our actions reguardless of were we fly,
Old 11-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Maximilionalpha

These are what they used to call drones...

But now, to infringe upon every little right that the American people have, this is what they're now calling drones...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	intrepid.png
Views:	43
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	2047500   Click image for larger version

Name:	kettering.png
Views:	49
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	2047501   Click image for larger version

Name:	lightning-bug.png
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	2047502   Click image for larger version

Name:	dc-130-carrying-ryan-firebees.png
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	2047503   Click image for larger version

Name:	gnat-750.png
Views:	39
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	2047504   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	2047507   Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	2047508   Click image for larger version

Name:	images (3).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	2047509  

Click image for larger version

Name:	images (2).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	2047510   Click image for larger version

Name:	images (1).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	2047511   Click image for larger version

Name:	images (6).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	2047512   Click image for larger version

Name:	images (5).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	2047513   Click image for larger version

Name:	images (4).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	2047514  
Old 11-15-2014, 08:23 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by init4fun
HMmm , here we have Mr. She , who just one short page back was bemoaning something about a "personal attack" , throwing the insults around fairly handily himself . Let me guess , it's only a personal attack when someone points out Mr. She's bad behavior , but it's OK for Mr. She to go throwing such garbage as his Tin foil jab at whomever won't believe the same things he does ? Is that how it works , Mr. She ?

<----- Notice the absent smiley , Just for you , Mr. She ;

You are failing in one key area here , and that is that guys like CP and LCS and myself have no doubts about the line between our model airplanes and drones ! You go tossing tin foil trollbait around , calling guys paranoid because they don't trust the government that just this week got caught red handed calling the American people "stupid" and you think it's tin foil hat time for anyone who don't trust these crooks 100% ?

Your issues would appear to run deeper than the simple definition of what is and isn't a drone .......
The tinfoil hat thing is a joke by the way, sorry that it fell flat. We have used it frequently in this forum, I too have received a prescription for a tin foil hat. I chuckled briefly when I read it.

Yes, there is a definition that differentiates model airplanes as a subset of the class of drones (or sUAS), it is in the 2012 FAA Modernization act, section 336.

Finally, the government did not call anyone stupid. The guy who made the remark was just a consultant used very briefly in constructing the patient protection and affordable healthcare act. And his remark is baseless bull hockey. By the way, this guy is one of many people who designed the very successful healthcare program in Massachusetts which is the basic model for the PPACA.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:56 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
The tinfoil hat thing is a joke by the way, sorry that it fell flat. We have used it frequently in this forum, I too have received a prescription for a tin foil hat. I chuckled briefly when I read it.

Yes, there is a definition that differentiates model airplanes as a subset of the class of drones (or sUAS), it is in the 2012 FAA Modernization act, section 336.

Finally, the government did not call anyone stupid. The guy who made the remark was just a consultant used very briefly in constructing the patient protection and affordable healthcare act. And his remark is baseless bull hockey. By the way, this guy is one of many people who designed the very successful healthcare program in Massachusetts which is the basic model for the PPACA.
I find it truly comical that you would choose my home state to make your point about how great the healthcare is here . Our hospitals have always been world renowned , but this was long before any "Massachusetts Miracle" health laws were passed . The system here does NOT work as well as the left leaning media likes to portray it does , and I'm surprised that you , someone who is trying to portray himself as a "thinking man" , would buy into the "Mass Miracle" myth just because the political machine wants you to believe it's so .

Anyway , that's enough politics before we ire the mods , and I respect your right to your viewpoint , no matter how wrong i believe it to be . Bottom like is , I am on record for saying that any mingling of "Model Airplane" and "Drone" is not , in my opinion , in our best interests .

Happy Flying to you , Mr. She , , , You and all your model aircraft

Last edited by init4fun; 11-18-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:02 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Circle logic like that is proof positive of the "real" problem we have going forward... Let's just be more like John and wait for the government to tell us what to think...a whole lot easier letting the government define everything for us even if they rewrite the dictionary!
Old 11-15-2014, 09:38 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Circle logic like that is proof positive of the "real" problem we have going forward... Let's just be more like John and wait for the government to tell us what to think...a whole lot easier letting the government define everything for us even if they rewrite the dictionary!
Please, o great mentor and guru, point out the flaw in my thinking. That is without inserting your own biased beliefs.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:02 AM
rcbadger
My Feedback: (14)

The amount of damage is academic, it's the stupidity of the action that's at issue. Remember US AIR flight 1549 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549 brought down by a gaggle of geese? Do we need to have a gaggle of idiots flying "drones" to make this a serious issue? If we, as modelers, want to keep enjoying our hobby, this kind of stupidity needs to be avoided to whatever limit possible. The same is to be said with the invasion of privacy and/or trespass by our models, though it seems the multi-rotors, with their simplicity of operation are the focus of most reported infractions, it still applies to us all. I have flown full-scale aircraft, and know many pilots, none of whom would want to engage with any airborne threat of any size OR number.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:17 AM
littlecrankshaf

Please, o great mentor and guru, point out the flaw in my thinking. That is without inserting your own biased beliefs.
OK...and I'll only use your words... "And his remark is baseless bull hockey. By the way, this guy is one of many people who designed the very successful healthcare program in Massachusetts which is the basic model for the PPACA"

Just depends on what side of your mouth you speak from I guess. LOL

One minute he is full of bull hockey and the next a contributor to something very successful...Can you say idiot???

Too easy...
Old 11-15-2014, 10:23 AM
rcbadger

What he's saying is that if we don't act STUPIDLY there will be no action taken against us. What you appear to be doing is defending stupidity.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:31 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by rcbadger
What he's saying is that if we don't act STUPIDLY there will be no action taken against us. What you appear to be doing is defending stupidity.
Not sure what your post is in reference to... Is the "he" you are talking about Mr. She or what??? As far as stupidity goes, I am all for squashing it...
Old 11-15-2014, 10:40 AM
JohnShe

OK...and I'll only use your words... "And his remark is baseless bull hockey. By the way, this guy is one of many people who designed the very successful healthcare program in Massachusetts which is the basic model for the PPACA"

Just depends on what side of your mouth you speak from I guess. LOL

One minute he is full of bull hockey and the next a contributor to something very successful...Can you say idiot???

Too easy...
Yes, I know, Stephen Colbert said it best: "Facts have a liberal bias"

Read this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/postev...gate/?hpid=z13
Old 11-15-2014, 10:43 AM
JohnShe

RC it would have been helpful if you had quoted the person in question. As far as I am concerned is that we need to make every effort to avoid stupid behavior and let the stupid ones get caught and punished.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:48 AM
JohnShe

Too easy...
Another point, an intelligent person can make a mistake, which is what he did in his statement. You argument is a logical fallacy called "fallacy of composition". And, whether some citizens of MA like it or not, thanks to his contribution, a lot of people now have health insurance who didn't have it before.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 AM
littlecrankshaf

Another point, an intelligent person can make a mistake, which is what he did in his statement. You argument is a logical fallacy called "fallacy of composition". And, whether some citizens of MA like it or not, thanks to his contribution, a lot of people now have health insurance who didn't have it before.
So, can I say you think it is a good thing?
Old 11-15-2014, 11:05 AM
littlecrankshaf

Where'd you go??? Trying to figure a way to wordsmith yes or no?
Old 11-15-2014, 11:39 AM
rcbadger

It seems to me there needs to be a more defined definition of what constitutes a drone. I used to fly R/C on the Space Coast of Florida, and we received FAA NoTAMs (Notice To Air Men) requiring us to stand down for hours before a Shuttle launch, and at least once for the Prez to visit. To a point, they were both protecting the shuttle/prez from idiots, and un-necessarily exerting their authority.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:10 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

It seems to me there needs to be a more defined definition of what constitutes a drone. I used to fly R/C on the Space Coast of Florida, and we received FAA NoTAMs (Notice To Air Men) requiring us to stand down for hours before a Shuttle launch, and at least once for the Prez to visit. To a point, they were both protecting the shuttle/prez from idiots, and un-necessarily exerting their authority.
RC, go to the AMA website. On the top bar there is a search space, type in drone, lots of info there on what a drone is.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:22 PM
littlecrankshaf

You make a good point... Until drones are defined and defined in a favorable way, we should take every opportunity to distance ourselves from the ambiguous layman' term.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:04 PM
JohnShe

Having heath insurance? You bet'chum red ryder. I would be dead without medicare. I have been lucky to have good health insurance most of my life. Some people aren't so lucky. Since that is all that the PPACA provides, it is a good thing.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:06 PM
JohnShe

Where'd you go??? Trying to figure a way to wordsmith yes or no?
Well! Sorry!, but I was down in my shop working on my winter build. I have a 1/3 scale SpaceWalker on the workbench. Talk about a ton of lumber. Can't spend all day debating you bozos. I have more important stuff to do.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:21 PM
littlecrankshaf

Having heath insurance? You bet'chum red ryder. I would be dead without medicare. I have been lucky to have good health insurance most of my life. Some people aren't so lucky. Since that is all that the PPACA provides, it is a good thing.
Well... You are now down as a person...really can't use the term individual...that thinks government forced insurance is a good thing.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:25 PM
littlecrankshaf

Well! Sorry!, but I was down in my shop working on my winter build. I have a 1/3 scale SpaceWalker on the workbench. Talk about a ton of lumber. Can't spend all day debating you bozos. I have more important stuff to do.
I hope you find more things to keep you busy... How about trying some golf or fishing too...
Old 11-15-2014, 02:01 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

And, whether some citizens of MA like it or not, thanks to his contribution, a lot of people now have health insurance who didn't have it before.*
You forgot the rest of the sentence , here , allow me ;

* At the expense of a lot of people who are being taxed literally to death and have no choice but to give more to a government all too adept at taking ! *

Just how IS it that I should be responsible for the health insurance bill for someone who won't pay for it themselves ? Do I next pay their CAR insurance cause that'd be good for society also ? Buy em a couple of cartons of smokes and a case of beer for good measure while I'm at it ? I wasn't going to post here again but this "let the middle class carry it , Hell , it's only ONE more tax" attitude of yours is just about as repulsive as your protestations for dignified conversation all the while calling your opponents things like "bozos" ! Don't forget , Mr. She , that it was right HERE in BOSTON where the first great tax revolt took place , you may remember "the Boston Tea party" ? Those folks were just on about paying taxes to a government that wouldn't allow them a voice . The next great tax revolt will come when all us lil worker bees are finally taxed BEYOND our ability to pay , and with the ideas of guys like yourself , that day draws nearer than one might imagine .

Tell ya what , kid , ya learns some manners , and then maybe we'll talk again ......
Old 11-15-2014, 03:17 PM
JohnShe

Well... You are now down as a person...really can't use the term individual...that thinks government forced insurance is a good thing.
Forced? The extremely wealthy, like you I guess, can afford the rather trivial penalty. Anybody else who needs insurance would be looney not to take up a good deal like the PPACA insurance packages.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:18 PM
JohnShe

I hope you find more things to keep you busy... How about trying some golf or fishing too...
Nope, I just not an outdoorsy kind of guy. Besides where else could I have a good laugh?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.