Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 03:25 PM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
You forgot the rest of the sentence , here , allow me ;

* At the expense of a lot of people who are being taxed literally to death and have no choice but to give more to a government all too adept at taking ! *
Really! What tax? I have never been taxed to death.

Just how IS it that I should be responsible for the health insurance bill for someone who won't pay for it themselves ? Do I next pay their CAR insurance cause that'd be good for society also ? Buy em a couple of cartons of smokes and a case of beer for good measure while I'm at it ? I wasn't going to post here again but this "let the middle class carry it , Hell , it's only ONE more tax" attitude of yours is just about as repulsive as your protestations for dignified conversation all the while calling your opponents things like "bozos" ! Don't forget , Mr. She , that it was right HERE in BOSTON where the first great tax revolt took place , you may remember "the Boston Tea party" ? Those folks were just on about paying taxes to a government that wouldn't allow them a voice . The next great tax revolt will come when all us lil worker bees are finally taxed BEYOND our ability to pay , and with the ideas of guys like yourself , that day draws nearer than one might imagine .

Tell ya what , kid , ya learns some manners , and then maybe we'll talk again ......
Well, I think that just about every state forces car owners to have insurance as part of the auto registration law.

You are right about who bears the taxes though, the part in power last administration gave tax breaks to the wealthy and placed the burden on the rapidly shrinking middle class.

Just so you know, in case you haven't read the declaration of independence. It wasn't so much about the tax but the lack of representation in parliament that stated us on our revolting path.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:31 PM
bronco_ov10a

When I started to read this forum I thought it to be a sensible discussion on the ability of an Unmanned flying object piloted by someone on the ground (generalising) to affect damage to an aircraft regardless of the size of either vehicle.

The fact that the damage may or may not cause serious injury or death is not the point.

The point is that a UAV should not be in the vicinity of any manned aircraft regardless of how KOOL it would be to get some inflight pics.
We in OZ have max altitude and separation rules and to go beyond these puts the whole modelling industry and sport at risk
It will be the recognised model clubs and organisation that will pay for the individual screwing it up

Why the bloody hell did you lot turn it into a personal and political slanging match.

Have a good day

Last edited by bronco_ov10a; 11-15-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Maximilionalpha

Man! They should think about renaming these rc groups, to the political debate groups!
Old 11-15-2014, 03:50 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bronco_ov10a
When I started to read this forum I thought it to be a sensible discussion on the ability of an Unmanned flying object piloted by someone on the ground (generalising) to affect damage to an aircraft regardless of the size of either vehicle.

The fact that the damage may or may not cause serious injury or death is not the point.

The point is that a UAV should not be in the vicinity of any manned aircraft regardless of how KOOL it would be to get some inflight pics.
We in OZ have max altitude and separation rules and to go beyond these puts the whole modelling industry and sport at risk
It will be the recognised model clubs and organisation that will pay for the individual screwing it up

Why the bloody hell did you lot turn it into a personal and political slanging match.

Have a good day
Every day is a good day Bronco, but thank you any way.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:54 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Besides where else could I have a good laugh?

Ya could always just go to the bathroom and look down ....... Oh no ..... Wait a minute ..... That would be a good cry , now wouldn't it ? ......

And keep yer darned drone off my lawn , darned kids ........
Old 11-15-2014, 04:03 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The incredible longevity of this thread at the #1 spot finally motivated me to jump in and see what all the FPV fuss is about. Been getting out of jets the last few weeks, ever since word came down that the Navy was permanently banning Holley OLF to rc use, and have been looking for something I can fly from my house.

My DJI Phantom 2 Vision + arrived today...can't wait to get it up and running, and check out FPV for the first time!! Should be fun
Old 11-15-2014, 04:12 PM
smeckert

Good for you Sluggo! Enjoy and have fun. Also post up some videos.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Maximilionalpha

Make sure not to post your videos here, or else BJ will run to the police/FAA/NASA/Kremlin and the KGB and report you!
Old 11-15-2014, 04:21 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ LOL...indeed, being not plugged in to who's on what side of the issue here, I suppose any postings will need to be done carefully!

Yes, I hope to get some good videos. WITH PERMISSION, I'd like to see if I can get some aerial footage of our youth football championship games next Saturday.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:53 PM
smeckert

^^^^ She ain't gonna like that!
Old 11-15-2014, 04:56 PM
JohnShe

Ya could always just go to the bathroom and look down ....... Oh no ..... Wait a minute ..... That would be a good cry , now wouldn't it ? ......

And keep yer darned drone off my lawn , darned kids ........
Oh, that's just great! Toilette humor ,that about puts your emotional level at about three years old.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:56 PM
smeckert

Maybe I should create a roster list of who is for and who is against fpv.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:59 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by VF84sluggo
^^^^ LOL...indeed, being not plugged in to who's on what side of the issue here, I suppose any postings will need to be done carefully!

Yes, I hope to get some good videos. WITH PERMISSION, I'd like to see if I can get some aerial footage of our youth football championship games next Saturday.
Well, get permission, don't fly directly over the stadium and stay down wind.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:09 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Oh, that's just great! Toilette humor ,that about puts your emotional level at about three years old.

Yea , I figured with all your talk of whose "off their meds" and who needs "tinfoil hats" , I'd bump it down to your apparent level of interest in this conversation . Face it , pal , when you go throwing such trollbait around YOU devolve the thread . Own it , and stop this BS of making lowbrow comments yourself and then TRYING to come off as some kind of intellect when challenged for your garbage posts . You sir , most certainly DO bear just as much responsibility for this train wreck of a thread as anyone !
Old 11-15-2014, 05:27 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by smeckert
Maybe I should create a roster list of who is for and who is against fpv.
I am not sure that the list would do any good. My views on FPV are pretty complicated. In short sentences:

1 FPV is an interesting emerging technology.
2 FPV is of interest to hobbyists such as most of us on this thread because it looks like fun
3 FPV can be used safely and sensibly
4 I myself am not that much interested in FPV to purchase any equipment
5 However, I hold no opposition for safe FPV use
6 I think the views of most people are pretty complicated also.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:34 PM
JohnShe

Yea , I figured with all your talk of whose "off their meds" and who needs "tinfoil hats" , I'd bump it down to your apparent level of interest in this conversation . Face it , pal , when you go throwing such trollbait around YOU devolve the thread . Own it , and stop this BS of making lowbrow comments yourself and then TRYING to come off as some kind of intellect when challenged for your garbage posts . You sir , most certainly DO bear just as much responsibility for this train wreck of a thread as anyone !
OK, I will give you that. Now, what were we really talking about?
Old 11-15-2014, 05:41 PM
smeckert

And can a farmer compensate me to get a look at his crops, herd etc?
Being as deer season just opened here, can I scout an area for deer, for beer?
What about the 250' smoke stack on a factory, can I video the inside and outside for a family member who is in charge of it? For money
Old 11-15-2014, 05:41 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

I am not sure that the list would do any good. My views on FPV are pretty complicated. In short sentences:

1 FPV is an interesting emerging technology.
2 FPV is of interest to hobbyists such as most of us on this thread because it looks like fun
3 FPV can be used safely and sensibly
4 I myself am not that much interested in FPV to purchase any equipment
5 However, I hold no opposition for safe FPV use
6 I think the views of most people are pretty complicated also.
oh you forgot your favorite on your list... According to you, FPVers are sociopaths... Or have you just forgot that one now as you are pretty selective.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
oh you forgot your favorite on your list... According to you, FPVers are sociopaths... Or have you just forgot that one now as you are pretty selective.
I never said that. Never!

I said that people who use drones irresponsibly were sociopaths.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:51 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by smeckert
And can a farmer compensate me to get a look at his crops, herd etc?
Being as deer season just opened here, can I scout an area for deer, for beer?
What about the 250' smoke stack on a factory, can I video the inside and outside for a family member who is in charge of it? For money
Right now, officially no. Just don't get caught. And, if you don't file a schedule C you will get the Al Capone treatment after the FAA is done with you.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Originally Posted by bronco_ov10a

Have a good day
Bronco: I think you may have overlooked at the main point of this thread. The reason I posted it was, there is no reason for a person to fly his model aircraft beyond VLOS. That being said, some people love to fly at much higher altitudes, 1200, 1500, 3000ft above whatever your location is. It really does not matter then, at that point a Safety issue in regards to Human Manned Aircraft. If you fly any R/C aircraft above 400 FT, drone or not, your AMA Insurance will not be Valid. Look it up on the AMA Website. Lots of info just about this subject. There is an ongoing debate, within a 3-4 mile radius of an Airport, but you fly over 400FT, anywhere other than a registered, approved R/C Field, you are putting yourself and others at great Risk.
Let's say somebody fly's at 1500 Ft, model aircraft, and a small full scale aircraft hits the plane you are flying, anywhere, and the plane crashes from that, you are in a heap of trouble,then if, a Loss of Life, by the manned Aircraft Pilot or his passengers, Then what? That, has not happened yet to my knowledge, but as more and more younger people get involved in this great hobby, it's bound to happen someday, when? who knows.? Then the S.H.T.F.
My argument is why would someone fly something like an R/C Airplane, Drone, etc, beyond VLOS, you can't see it! Where is the fun in that? To me it's like having a Remote Controlled Submarine, OK , some people like doing things they can't see, but where is the fun in that? Take photos of somebody? That's Illegal. E.O.S. Photos of land, personal property, that's ok in my book. But remember, if you violate AMA Flying Rules, your at Risk.
These Forums bring up everything, from Politics to anything else,and always have always will. 50% of the people will disagree, and 50% will approve.
What you have is a debate, nothing else gets resolved on this R/C Website completely.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:33 PM
bradpaul

the AMA membership just reached a historic high of 175,865 members. I wonder how much of the growth is from FPV flyers?
Old 11-15-2014, 07:21 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
the AMA membership just reached a historic high of 175,865 members. I wonder how much of the growth is from FPV flyers?
Alternative question, how many existing members have taken up FPV flying?
Old 11-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by bradpaul
Probably less than .5%, if any! FPV fliers are a radical bunch, whom prefer to go without the constraints of your typical, AMA, member. It's kind of like that New Hampshire slogan..."Live Free, or Die"! Fly Free, or Be A Slave to the Government!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:44 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone here fly FPV with airplanes, not quads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.