Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:10 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bradpaul
dogdooman, I give credit where credit is due. Somehow you have managed to get me, lcs, sporty, Ira, and even JohnShe to agree on something. Keep up the effort to show your ignorance and pent up anger, have you even considered medication?
BP and the rest. Thanks for the KIND WORDS At least I know where U&I stand ... Remember when Our TOY Airplanes are taken away, because U & others did nothing to educate those, that would through their own ignorance or just plain GREED, by the "POWERs That Be" because they are perceived to be a danger to the NAS. It's, Not IF but WHEN, some "IDIOT" crashes into an air plane and a bunch of people die, that the "CRAP will HIT the FAN"
Remember There will be
"No SNIVELING ALLOWED".

Thanks again BP UR seem to be wonderful and consecrate Human being. Been a pleasure discussing the feature of Model aviation with U and some others too. But then I'm most likely compleatly wrong as always. TADA for now.
GONE FLYING!

Last edited by HoundDog; 03-27-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 AM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog

Thanks again BP UR seem to be wonderful and consecrate Human being. Been a pleasure discussing the feature of Model aviation with U and some others too. But then I'm most likely compleatly wrong as always. TADA for now.
I think I have been insulted, but I am not sure what a consecrate Human being is?

Anybody have an idea? Sort of sounds religious.........................
Old 03-27-2015, 07:43 AM
phlpsfrnk

I think I have been insulted, but I am not sure what a consecrate Human being is?

WOW Brad,
I guess him told U. Is he 71+ or 11? May B +pole? I have know fig out.

Frank
Old 03-27-2015, 08:02 AM
Sport_Pilot

have you even considered medication?
Yes he should take a pill and chill!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:06 AM
HoundDog

BP I't was meant to be a compliment ... but some people can't accept compliments,
But most of them are still "consecrate Human beings"?
but I'm sure U are unable of being insulted ... having been insulted by the best in the Past.
But again U have taken me Off Topic. Sorry.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:12 AM
bradpaul

Thought you were flying? Just can't stay away? OCD?????????
Old 03-27-2015, 08:16 AM
phlpsfrnk

Thought you had " GONE FLYING!"? Short flight, what's the matter, rubber band not wound tight?

Frank
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

I know I certainly appreciate Houndogs postings. He gives great insight into the minds of those that think like he does...and they are growing!

Its a frightful world for many of us...No driving down a shady lane because of the overwhelming fear of a limb breaking off and coming through the windshield...

Our country was once a place of the fearless and courageous,,,but now is breading grounds for unics... that can only look to their digital devices for answers...LOL

HD probably has a "smart" phone too...so replying from the FF might be possible.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:13 AM
phlpsfrnk

OMG crank,
Seriously, don't you just hate it when we agree on something?

Frank
Old 03-27-2015, 10:33 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Yes he should take a pill and chill!
I think he should take more than just a pill. I’ve been feeling particularly humorous today in a sarcastic sort of way. I think I’ll go have another beer, remember……hic 8 hours from bottle to throttle.

Frank
Old 03-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
,,,but now is breading grounds for unics... .
That's an interesting image. "Unics" Eunuch's baking bread. hehe

BTW: this thread is seeming to be turning into a pissing match.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Silent-AV8R

Originally Posted by Flight Risk
That's an interesting image. "Unics" Eunuch's baking bread. hehe

BTW: this thread is seeming to be turning into a pissing match.
I'm pretty sure that LCS meant "breeding ground for eunuchs"

Sometimes in out haste to make a point proper spelling and grammar are left in the dust.

But LCS' occasional typo is nothing compared with the level of difficulty HoundDog likes to introduce to his posts with his tortured grammar, incorrect spelling and use of colorful and distracting fonts. Not meant as a personal attack, just a simply observation based on trying to tease out the true meaning of his posts.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:43 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R

Sometimes in out haste to make a point proper spelling and grammar are left in the dust.

But LCS' occasional typo is nothing compared with the level of difficulty HoundDog likes to introduce to his posts with his tortured grammar, incorrect spelling and use of colorful and distracting fonts. Not meant as a personal attack, just a simply observation based on trying to tease out the true meaning of his posts.
There was a meaning ?
Old 03-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, i understand and don't critisize grammer mistakes.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:29 PM
bradpaul

Well the "balls" in LCS court to explain, on second thought maybe not..................

Last edited by bradpaul; 03-27-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:50 PM
cj_rumley

Just maybe HoundDog is right about the consequences of doing nothing, but 'nothing' seems to be the approach FAA will take for regulating civil sUAS. Their hands are tied by congressional edict re the CBO lobbying scam. CBO doesn't have credibility, authority or the resources to regulate any but its own members, and then only at sanctioned club sites where idle threats of voiding liability insurance has some small effect.

FAA will have the authorization under part 101 of the proposed rules to deal with those whose misbehavior is exceptionally reckless, and also visible to local authorities that report it to FAA. That education through applied deterrence may have some good effect for a while, until they tire of spending 10's or 100's of $K to sometimes levy a fine of a few $K. What comes next?

My speculation: Flying outside of class G airspace will become by definition "reckless endangerment of the NAS."
Old 03-27-2015, 02:50 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Boy it sounds like all of you guys have your undies in a note, nothing you/we can do now but respond to the NPRM, and hope some good AMA member gets to the dummy and explains what the problem is in what he/she is doing.
now my personnel attitude is go watch him/she fly and as soon as it lands STOMP it, then explain it/

cheers
Old 03-27-2015, 03:20 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your going to see this same thread from now till someone stops these things and the same people who want one or already own one here crying to defend the drones /FPVs and all the nuts with a credit card flying them. Good luck guys iam back to my very fun hobby of 40 years , building and flying scale and not so scale model airplanes. joe
Old 03-27-2015, 03:30 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Just maybe HoundDog is right about the consequences of doing nothing, but 'nothing' seems to be the approach FAA will take for regulating civil sUAS. Their hands are tied by congressional edict re the CBO lobbying scam. CBO doesn't have credibility, authority or the resources to regulate any but its own members, and then only at sanctioned club sites where idle threats of voiding liability insurance has some small effect.

FAA will have the authorization under part 101 of the proposed rules to deal with those whose misbehavior is exceptionally reckless, and also visible to local authorities that report it to FAA. That education through applied deterrence may have some good effect for a while, until they tire of spending 10's or 100's of $K to sometimes levy a fine of a few $K. What comes next?

My speculation: Flying outside of class G airspace will become by definition "reckless endangerment of the NAS."
My take is that in spite of the CBO/AMA the FAA still has the power to go after anyone that is actually endangering the NAS and can put in effect rules as needed to accomplish such.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:05 PM
bradpaul

Where is this utiopian world where rules, regulations, and even laws have stoped the ignorant? We have the Ten Commandments that came from GOD and we still have, theft, murder, adultery, etc.. Why does anybodt believe that an arcane governemt agency issuing FARS, NOTAMS and incomprehensible regulations will cause drones to go away?

Deal with it they are here to stay.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:06 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by joebahl
Your going to see this same thread from now till someone stops these things and the same people who want one or already own one here crying to defend the drones /FPVs and all the nuts with a credit card flying them. Good luck guys iam back to my very fun hobby of 40 years , building and flying scale and not so scale model airplanes. joe
I wonder when it will start to sink in for some that "these things" and "model airplanes" are now one and the same under the law. I remember back before AMA got involved in the sUAS ARC, the purpose of which was to define a class of UA that would be limited in size, mass and performance and therefore would be less of a threat to manned aircraft and people on the ground, and so could excepted from parts of contemplated UA regulatory requirements that could only be met by a few major aircraft companies. Model airplanes were then the only class of aircraft in the US that were not regulated. AMA was there to advise the ARC what a model airplane is (was), and nothing more. I guess they forgot what they were there for, because the attention of the ARC was drawn to regulating model aircraft and it has been all downhill from there. Now 'model aircraft' and 'civil sUAS' are synonymous. You are subject to the same regulation those "people who want one or already own one here crying to defend the drones /FPVs and all the nuts with a credit card flying them" are.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:14 PM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
I wonder when it will start to sink in for some that "these things" and "model airplanes" are now one and the same under the law. I remember back before AMA got involved in the sUAS ARC, the purpose of which was to define a class of UA that would be limited in size, mass and performance and therefore would be less of a threat to manned aircraft and people on the ground, and so could excepted from parts of contemplated UA regulatory requirements that could only be met by a few major aircraft companies. Model airplanes were then the only class of aircraft in the US that were not regulated. AMA was there to advise the ARC what a model airplane is (was), and nothing more. I guess they forgot what they were there for, because the attention of the ARC was drawn to regulating model aircraft and it has been all downhill from there. Now 'model aircraft' and 'civil sUAS' are synonymous. You are subject to the same regulation those "people who want one or already own one here crying to defend the drones /FPVs and all the nuts with a credit card flying them" are.
Just a clarification CJ. At the time of the sUAS ARC multirotors were yet to hit the market and the FPV/autonomous was largely constrained to conventional wing/tail model aircraft. The only was to differentiate a conventional model aircraft from a "drone" was how it was controled.

Take a scale model P51 add a camera a video downlink anf fly FPV. Add a multi axis gyro board and GPS and fly autonomously. Those that single out multi rotors just show there ignorance of what the issue actually is.

Last edited by bradpaul; 03-27-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:22 PM
cj_rumley

Just a clarification CJ. At the time of the sUAS ARC multirotors were yet to hit the market and the FPV/autonomous was largely constrained to conventional wing/tail model aircraft. The only was to differentiate a conventional model aircraft from a "drone" was how it was controled.

Take a scale model P51 add a camera a video downlink anf fly FPV. Add a multi axis gyro board and GPS and fly autonomously. Those that single out multi rotors just show there ignorance of what the issue actually is.
I stand clarified, Brad.

Nonetheless, all the venom being spit at quads and other multirotors for ruining the hobby, is condemnation of model airplanes generally in the here and now. For those that want the drones tightly regulated, I'm just saying "be careful what you wish for" because what restrictions will apply to them will apply equally to us GOB the-way-it-was modelers henceforth. Wait, wait.........I think that's what you just said.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:10 PM
HoundDog

Just a clarification CJ. At the time of the sUAS ARC multirotors were yet to hit the market and the FPV/autonomous was largely constrained to conventional wing/tail model aircraft. The only was to differentiate a conventional model aircraft from a "drone" was how it was controlled.

I'm Back and the Flying was fabulous , 90 degrees Light and variable winds & good company.
Just had to say that but,

Thank U Bradpaul ... This is exactly what I've been trying to say. and I believe the only way to attempt to forestall the inevitable of a TOY R/C Model What-Ever from causing a disaster by taking down an air liner of even some small plane (with heaven forbid) the Lose of Life. I don't expect the guy that refuses to follow the Rules or Safety Code to change his habits. I simply want all who fly
R/C TOY anything Just be aware that there are Rules and a Safety Code along with FAR's that apply to TOY R/C fling anythings.
Nothing More Or nothing less. Just be Informed before they, through Ignorance of where, when, and how they are allowed to fly,
Cause a serious accident or Kill some one.

Now if that's wrong so be it. No one has come up with any Ideas except "It ain't gona bother me cause the powers that be can't do anything about My R/C TOY airplane cause Congress said so.

U really don't believe when a R/C TOY causes the crash of an air liner or a small Maned aircraft with or with out loss of life, that the FAA/NTSB/White House Is not going to go BONKERS and apply all kinds of Restrictions on flying R/C TOYs then U are delusional at best.

Check Out what your President Had to say about DRONES after the R/C TOY Quad (bought at Radio Shack) crashed on the White House lawn.
[h=5]President Barack Obama called for increased regulation on unmanned aerial vehicles Tuesday after a drunken federal employee crashed a small drone on White House grounds.[/h]http://www.infowars.com/obama-demand...te-house-lawn/
Old 03-27-2015, 06:56 PM
HoundDog

http://www.apachejctwx.com/weather2/...p?p=10&lang=en

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.