Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 12:40 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B]OK all U Truly Smarter than the average Bears, gota be right . It ain't Humanly possible to preempt any disaster between some R/V Toy and an airPlane full of passengers, and God Help us and causes any loss of life. Any one wish to purchase any of my TOY AirPlanes while they are still worth something, Send me a PM and I'll send a List with Type. Condition and Prices and possibility of Delivery some time around the middle of April, Any Where between PHX and 0WI8.[COLOR=#FF0000][FONT=comic sans ms]
Old 03-29-2015, 03:27 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Hey BP: This is not meant to be condescending but, I'll bet from your post.
"totally beyond your control to stop". I'd gather U are the type of guy that just lets everyone else carry the water and because U paid your club dues U think I'm gona fly and forget any participation in club affairs or fun fly's ect. Just let others do the work.
Am I right there
BP?
Man your ignorance is just astounding, as others here can confirm for what it's worth I am a long term AMA Leader Member and have held club positions of Secretaty, VP, and President at AMA clubs. HD guys like you that are wanna be field nazis are unfortunately too common, old guys with nothing better to do than make up rules for others to follow. I bet you actually think "it takes a village"............... When you show up to the field do the other flyers pack up and go home?

Last edited by bradpaul; 03-29-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:02 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog;12012725[COLOR=#ff0000
> [/COLOR]I'd gather U are the type of guy that just lets everyone else carry the water and because U paid your club dues U think I'm gona fly and forget any participation in club affairs or fun fly's ect. Just let others do the work.
Am I right there
BP?

Hey , Hound , How many more of us are you gonna insult with your ;

"I'm the big hero who does everything at my club , and you people do nothing"

baloney , when you haven't a clue as to who your talking to (or more appropriately , AT) ????

I'll wager Brad does more in a year than you've ever done promoting the hobby , and NO dude , runnin your mouth here with all your doom and gloom garbage don't count as promoting anything ,

I have never once put someone on my ignore list , and I don't intend to start now . I will , however , NEVER address you again , as I feel the ultimate futility is to try and talk sense with the senseless .

Good bye ,

Last edited by init4fun; 03-30-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Edited to tone down a bit of the mean spiritness , but the intent remains .........
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by init4fun
Good bye ,
I have never once put someone on my ignore list
PLZ ... Don't let that stop U
Buy, By, Bye I'll miss ya though

p.s. Did ya comment on the NPRM yet?

Last edited by HoundDog; 03-29-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:23 AM
phlpsfrnk

I have never once put someone on my ignore list
PLZ ... Don't let that stop U
Buy, By, Bye I'll miss ya though

p.s. Did ya comment on the NPRM yet?
Mike,
What is your problem with the NPRM that you want to bring out the tar and feathers for anyone that has not commented yet? If you wish to have some meaningful discussions you might start with whatever specific issues you have with what is written rather than trying to browbeat everyone with your off the wall ideas. The next time you write that someone is not getting your point think about the common object of that misunderstanding. Please do not quote my signature line any longer because it is a gross misuse of the meaning given your writing style.

Frank
Old 03-30-2015, 06:20 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk

Frank
"The next time you write that someone is not getting your point think about the common object of that misunderstanding".
What?

It's what Your AMA Wants not necessarrly what I want. Just being the messenger here.
Please just comment on the NPRM to the FAA. It's all about numbers, the more comments
the better off we will be. Simple it's the AMA Way. Check your AMA Bulitians if U don't
believe what I have to say .... But thank U for UR Kind comments of encouragement.
Gotta go FLY before the Heat get's too intense. Gbl Wmg U NO.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:30 AM
bradpaul

LOL, Frank, looks like HD needs further explanation. 😵
Old 03-30-2015, 06:55 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by bradpaul
LOL, Frank, looks like HD needs further explanation. 
Brad,
Do you think he will understand any explanation at this point?

Mike (HD),
What in particular is it that you do not like about the NPRM that has you so hot?

Frank
Old 03-30-2015, 04:14 PM
HoundDog

Brad,
(HD),
What in particular is it that you do not like about the NPRM

Frank
Frank Really If U don't know that ... then U haven't read what your AMA has Stated, they don't like about the NPRM.
Here it right on the front page of your AMA Web Site ... http://www.modelaircraft.org/
but here it is in Print From the Right from the AMA. Nothing More Nothing Less but I under stand there people here that HATE the AMA Sorry About that but the AMA is the best thing going for all of us that fly anything R/C. Again JMHO.
[h=1]AMA GOVERNMENT RELATIONS BLOG[/h]
Welcome to the Academy of Model Aeronautics' Government Relations page. As the FAA looks to regulate the use of small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) and as Congress and state legislatures consider legislation with potential impact on the hobby, this site will keep you informed of the latest news, events and industry updates, and serves as an outlet to let your voice be heard by AMA and key officials nationwide.

[h=1]AMA Responds to the FAA’s sUAS NPRM[/h]On February 23, 2015, the FAA published its proposed regulations for small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) as a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM). This began a 60-day period during which the public can comment on the proposed regulations. When finalized, the proposed rules would become the safety regulations for operating small,non-recreational, unmanned aircraft.
The NPRM references FAA’s June 2014 interpretation of the Special Rule. As indicated in detail in updates to our members last summer , the AMA has taken exception to several aspects of FAA’s interpretation. Aside from this, and one exception that may impact model aircraft manufacturers, the new proposed rule essentially takes the language in the 2012 Special Rule for Model Aircraft (the AMA amendment) and places it in the federal aviation regulations.
We encourage members to submit comments commending the FAA for appropriately separating model aviation from the new regulations and also encourage members to include in their comments the need to resolve the discrepancies stemming from the Interpretive Rule before finalizing the sUAS rule.
AMA has created a suggested template for comments, which we strongly encourage you to edit and personalize. Unless extended, the deadline for submitting comments is 11:59 p.m., Friday, April 24, 2015.
[h=1]View template and comment[/h]

Old 03-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	damndrone.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	2085360  

Last edited by Flight Risk; 03-30-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:48 AM
phlpsfrnk

Frank Really If U don't know that ... then U haven't read what your AMA has Stated, they don't like about the NPRM.
Here it right on the front page of your AMA Web Site ... http://www.modelaircraft.org/
but here it is in Print From the Right from the AMA. Nothing More Nothing Less but I under stand there people here that HATE the AMA Sorry About that but the AMA is the best thing going for all of us that fly anything R/C. Again JMHO.
Mike,
Are U a shill or just a troll? Most if not all the posters on these AMA discussion forums are AMA members with e-mail addresses registered with the AMA so yes I got the same e-mail from the AMA that U and most everyone else here got. I have read it and probably more documents than U have concerning these issues. The NPRM for sUAS published on 23 Feb 2015 has nothing to do with and does not apply to recreational model aircraft operations. I have no desire to comment on something that has nothing to do with my activities. The AMA has made objections to the FAA's doing their job by interpreting the public law that congress has tasked them with and if U agree with all of the AMA's objections then by all means sign the form letter like the drone U wish to be. Please do not ask me to blindly follow U down that path.

UR constant droning on to comment and UR refusal to discuss any of the issues makes me wonder if U read any of it or more importantly did U understand any of it. U and a few others like to throw that "hate the AMA" crap at people never knowing to whom U are addressing so I suggest that U sir are the ignorant one in these discussions. If U can not or do not wish to discuss any of the issues then why are U here in these AMA discussion forums?

Frank
Old 03-31-2015, 05:43 AM
HoundDog

Mike,. If U can not or do not wish to discuss any of the issues then why are U here in these AMA discussion forums?

Frank
Franky me boy What do U wish to discuss. U've made your self, Abountily Clear, that U don't agree with the AMA. Then why don't U forget renewal next year. Tell Me PLZ,How can U belong to an organization with witch U so fervently Dis-Agree? Please don't get all bent out of shape, I'm Just politely asking a civil question. Thanks for U'R kind Understanding.

p.s. U really don't think that the FAR's in this NPRM when enacted won't apply to TOY Airplanes, after some TOY AIRPLANE causes, or just get's blamed for causing or even almost causing, an air disaster, If that 's Your conviction I respectfully believe U R delusional.

Last edited by HoundDog; 03-31-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:44 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Mike,
Are U a shill or just a troll? Most if not all the posters on these AMA discussion forums are AMA members with e-mail addresses registered with the AMA so yes I got the same e-mail from the AMA that U and most everyone else here got. I have read it and probably more documents than U have concerning these issues. The NPRM for sUAS published on 23 Feb 2015 has nothing to do with and does not apply to recreational model aircraft operations. I have no desire to comment on something that has nothing to do with my activities. The AMA has made objections to the FAA's doing their job by interpreting the public law that congress has tasked them with and if U agree with all of the AMA's objections then by all means sign the form letter like the drone U wish to be. Please do not ask me to blindly follow U down that path.

UR constant droning on to comment and UR refusal to discuss any of the issues makes me wonder if U read any of it or more importantly did U understand any of it. U and a few others like to throw that "hate the AMA" crap at people never knowing to whom U are addressing so I suggest that U sir are the ignorant one in these discussions. If U can not or do not wish to discuss any of the issues then why are U here in these AMA discussion forums?

Frank
While you make some fair points...I say you missed the target when it comes to his "hate the AMA" crap. I see him as a true AMAish type from here....Oh...not sure why it matters who is being addressed...well unless they are wearing a dress...
Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
While you make some fair points...I say you missed the target when it comes to his "hate the AMA" crap. I see him as a true AMAish type from here....Oh...not sure why it matters who is being addressed...well unless they are wearing a dress...

L'll Crank Shaft
Now that is a really a very increadleby Intelligent Statement. If it was meant to be some sort of Discriminatory slur, then all I can say is Sticks & Stones. But thank U for your DEGRADING Unsolicited Opinion just the same.

LCS let me ask U directly. Do U disagree with the AMA, Like Frank does ,on there view of the NPRM, or have U other reasons?
U may PM me if U wish. Awaiting Your answer Thanks
Old 03-31-2015, 07:02 AM
phlpsfrnk

Brad, crank, cj, Et al.
I think init4fun may have had the truth of it and it is the only way to deal with shills and trolls here.

Regards
Frank
Old 03-31-2015, 07:04 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

[/COLOR]L'll Crank Shaft
Now that is a really a very increadleby Intelligent Statement. If it was meant to be some sort of Discriminatory slur, then all I can say is Sticks & Stones. But thank U for your DEGRADING Unsolicited Opinion just the same.

LCS let me ask U directly. Do U disagree with the AMA, Like Frank does ,on there view of the NPRM, or have U other reasons?
U may PM me if U wish. Awaiting Your answer Thanks
No slur intended...especially in regards to you. I view you as someone that really cares about AMA and our hobby...unfortunately you seem to wish more regulation and authority over our great hobby.

My views of AMA is quite different than most. I'd rather see AMA work on more important issues other than just trying to make themselves the authority for model aviation. One thing that they seem to avoid is any effort to work on the state level. Here in Texas RC modeling is specifically named as a recreational activity that protects land owners from liability when land owners allow the use of their land for that purpose...You never here anything about that from AMA or hear about how they are working to get that accomplished elsewhere. I guess AMA feels like if model aviation was more widely accepted it would diminish the need for themselves...there is where I have the problem. I want AMA to work on getting the job done! Yep...work themselves completely out of a job. They seem to only work to insure continuing need of the org.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 AM
bradpaul

Franky me boy What do U wish to discuss. U've made your self, Abountily Clear, that U don't agree with the AMA. Then why don't U forget renewal next year. Tell Me PLZ,How can U belong to an organization with witch U so fervently Dis-Agree? Please don't get all bent out of shape, I'm Just politely asking a civil question. Thanks for U'R kind Understanding.

p.s. U really don't think that the FAR's in this NPRM when enacted won't apply to TOY Airplanes, after some TOY AIRPLANE causes, or just get's blamed for causing or even almost causing, an air disaster, If that 's Your conviction I respectfully believe U R delusional.
HD you once again show your ignorance, anybody that agrees with everything a institution does is either brain dead or a syncophant. I love my country but disagree with almost everything this administration does. I love my family but that does not mean we agree on everything, but have our fights like most families. Your agree with everything philosophy shows a very immature lack of actual knowledge as to how to gain aagrement from others.

But as you feel you know everything just what have you done to benefit the AMA or clubs other then paying your dues?

Last edited by bradpaul; 03-31-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:50 PM
HoundDog

DP
Old 03-31-2015, 06:15 PM
rich6170

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. I haven't been on here in a while and actually looked on to see if anyone had anything to say about the Senate Subcommitee meeting on Drones the other day and some of the problems that were discussed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why there was no one from AMA there. Why does the FAA rep not know the AMA is not the American modelers association. I was just a few things I was wondering.. OK go on with your bickering and name calling...
Old 03-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	droneCalvin.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	2085572  
Old 04-01-2015, 01:32 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by rich6170
Wow. I haven't been on here in a while and actually looked on to see if anyone had anything to say about the Senate Subcommitee meeting on Drones the other day and some of the problems that were discussed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why there was no one from AMA there. Why does the FAA rep not know the AMA is not the American modelers association. I was just a few things I was wondering.. OK go on with your bickering and name calling...
Rich,
Would you happen to have a link to the minutes of that meeting?

Frank
Old 04-01-2015, 01:46 AM
phlpsfrnk

Is this the meeting to which you are referring?

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2015/03/31...ties/id=56144/

Frank
Old 04-01-2015, 04:46 AM
phlpsfrnk

Rich,
If the meeting was the one linked above 'Senate hearing on drones seeks to balance safety issues and commercial opportunities' my guess would be because the AMA has no dog in that hunt and was not invited to testify. That said, I read the transcript of the FAA testimony and could not find any reference to the American Modelers Association. Who was it that was referring to the AMA as the American Modelers Association?

Frank
Old 04-02-2015, 07:25 PM
rich6170

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this the meeting to which you are referring?

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2015/03/31...ties/id=56144/

Frank
Yes that is the one. It was televised on CSPAN and Margret Gillian from the FAA several times stated that name. If it was not in the transcripts someone changed it to reflect the proper name. And why was the AMA not invited??? My interpretation was that it was for Commercial use of Drones, not recreational.. But isn't that where the Rules for the commercial guys going to come from??

Last edited by rich6170; 04-02-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:18 AM
phlpsfrnk

Yes that is the one. It was televised on CSPAN and Margret Gillian from the FAA several times stated that name. If it was not in the transcripts someone changed it to reflect the proper name. And why was the AMA not invited??? My interpretation was that it was for Commercial use of Drones, not recreational.. But isn't that where the Rules for the commercial guys going to come from??
Rich,
The only transcript I was able to locate was the opening testimony of FAA Rep Margret Gillian (see attached). I could not find a transcript of the entire 2 hr + meeting to do a keyword search on and don't have the time to watch the 2 hr session. For the only straight answer to why the AMA was not there I would suggest going to the AMA site and asking Rich Hanson directly. The rules for commercial use of drones in the NAS will come from the FAA and as I mentioned before, the AMA should not even have a dog in that hunt. I would however hope that any committee report that comes out of this meeting is examined by the AMA to ensure there is no impact on recreational flying. Anything beyond that I believe would be a waste of AMA resources.

[ATTACH]2085989[/IMG]

Regards
Frank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.