Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 05:32 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tell all hobby shops to stop selling drones dont buy anything from a hobby shop that does sell drones>> dont join the ama untill they help put a stop to this>> there is to much talk about this>
Old 04-23-2015, 06:14 AM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by [email protected]
tell all hobby shops to stop selling drones dont buy anything from a hobby shop that does sell drones>> dont join the ama untill they help put a stop to this>> there is to much talk about this>
Would everybody that agrees with oneaew please follow his advice. It would be nice to have less stupidity present at the AMA Club fields or at the local hobby shop.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:33 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wat8.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2091321  
Old 04-23-2015, 01:19 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Do you mean to tell me not to buy anything at a local hobby shop that sells drones? First of all, that doe's not make sense. Second thing, what about buying items online from a website that also sells quad's etc? NEVER gonna happen
Don't join the AMA until they help put a stop to this? Another dumb Idea. Most of the people here are already AMA Members, so you want us to quit the AMA? Not GONNA happen.
The AMA posts guidelines for flying, most people that are AMA Members follow those rules, as well as their Club Rules for their flying site.
Too much talk about this? Yes there is a great deal of discussing the problems with, Not the DRONES themselves, it is the problem with idiots that don't know or follow the rules, that is the problem, PERIOD.

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 04-23-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:29 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by bradpaul
Would everybody that agrees with oneaew please follow his advice. It would be nice to have less stupidity present at the AMA Club fields or at the local hobby shop.
Brad, I for one do not agree with his suggestions, and I question your opinion now? The problem is not the LHS or the AMA, it's people that don't know rules and are not educated, and are not AMA Members, otherwise they would know. These are the types of individuals that created these problems.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:51 PM
thepamster

Ummm, I think he was kidding. You guys have completely lost your minds and just keep repeating yourselves over and over.
It's no wonder people don't build anymore. They would just rather keep typing pointless dribble.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:32 PM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
Brad, I for one do not agree with his suggestions, and I question your opinion now? The problem is not the LHS or the AMA, it's people that don't know rules and are not educated, and are not AMA Members, otherwise they would know. These are the types of individuals that created these problems.
Lighten up FLAPHappy .......... if those that agree with oneaew boycott the LHS ans the AMA then the average intelligence of the patrons of the LHS and the AMA will rise significantly............................... that would be as I said nice................................
Old 04-23-2015, 02:46 PM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by thepamster
Ummm, I think he was kidding. You guys have completely lost your minds and just keep repeating yourselves over and over.
It's no wonder people don't build anymore. They would just rather keep typing pointless dribble.
Glad to see somebody was able to figure it out......................................... BTW some can both build and type pointless dribble. In the process of adding detail and scale control cables to my Nieuport 11.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-23 18.35.52.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	2091394  
Old 04-23-2015, 03:08 PM
thepamster

Glad to see somebody was able to figure it out......................................... BTW some can both build and type pointless dribble. In the process of adding detail and scale control cables to my Nieuport 11.
Nice, thats awesome.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:29 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oneaew see's drones as the problem not the people flying them, And of course he has yet to define drone. Kind of like the gun control crowd they see guns as the problem instead of
the people using them.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:13 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Ok, but still confused. You said they said it was OK when you asked at the field, so I thought we were talking about a separate group.
It was the other fliers at the field. I had flown on several occasions with no problems with anyone, then at the next club meeting, that was when I was called out by the BOD, the PATTERN crowd, and told that I could not fly my Heli at there field per "AMA guide lines" so at the next club meeting I made my presentation that there was NO so called "AMA guide lines" that stated that I could not fly at there field. I turned there BS around on them and then they came up with the BS that I could fly at the field in the back of the dirt parking lot south of the field. I tried it once with a tarp, anchored down to cut down on the dirt. It worked so so and that was when I told them to stuff it and left the club.

Last edited by ramboamt; 04-24-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 AM
[email protected]

forget the drones let them do what they want to maybe someone will get hurt or killed then watch out
Old 04-24-2015, 07:08 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

forget the drones let them do what they want to maybe someone will get hurt or killed then watch out
Hmmm...Killing??? that's what drones do on a regular basis...but not sure what that has to do with recreational modeling that this forum is all about.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Sport_Pilot

otherwise they would know.
Last time I was at the field and someone was flying real high, he did not know about any rule. The person who brought it to attention thought there was a limit. A club officer said that it was OK, just stay out of the way from planes. The field is about 10 miles maybe a little more from the nearest airport.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:23 AM
Sport_Pilot

So if it was OK with the pattern flyers at the field, how did the BOD find out?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:32 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by ramboamt
It was the other fliers at the field. I had flown on several occasions with no problems with anyone, then at the next club meeting, that was when I was called out by the BOD, the PATTERN crowd, and told that I could not fly my Heli at there field per "AMA guide lines" so at the next club meeting I made my presentation that there was NO so called "AMA guide lines" that stated that I could not fly at there field. I turned there BS around on them and then they came up with the BS that I could fly at the field in the back of the dirt parking lot south of the field. I tried it once with a tarp, anchored down to cut down on the dirt. It worked so so and that was when I told them to stuff it and left the club.
I am thankful that my club has no rules that single out any type of model. I prefer helicopters and all other models to be in front of me when flying...As long as the pilots are considerate, I can't see any problem no matter what they fly...sometimes flying the circuit is appropriate...sometimes turn-around pattern type flying is fine...sometimes hovering over the runway is fine...just depends on what's going on in general with everyone else that's flying.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:16 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
So if it was OK with the pattern flyers at the field, how did the BOD find out?
I believe one of the PATTERN in crowd cronies was there. He never spoke to me about flying my Heli, heck they got bent out of shape when they showed to fly their pattern birds and a noobe or anyone else was up in THIER air space. Heck they had it in the club rules when a pattern bird went up, not showed up, everyone else was to come down. The club was known as a mean club, lots of attitude there, Doctors and Lawyers who never built a plane but had them built and would come out with several planes to crash, crash one get out the new one and crash it and they finally went home after all where destroyed. They lost their field and did not have one for a number of years and most of the "A" holes where not around when they got their new field, some are still there but they have been slowly dropping from the club when told to leave by the new members that are tired of there BS.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:08 AM
teebox11
My Feedback: (33)

Other people know who the idiots are that place lives in danger with their blatant disregard for safety. They should be responsible and tell the jerk to knock it off. We know that won't happen. However, the unfortunate day that an rc craft takes out a full scale plane or chopper, EVERYONE will be grounded for a very long time, and then the gut wrenching regs will take over. We won't be able to fly without strings attached to a bull dozer. There will be inspectors hiding in the bushes just to catch someone, then that will be cause for shutting a field and club(s). just say'n……...
Old 04-25-2015, 05:11 AM
NorfolkSouthern

I see no possibility that an RC plane weighing less than 55 pounds will ever take out a full-scale aircraft. Not even a Piper Cub, which is considered a light-sport aircraft. This was demonstrated when a full-scale stunt biplane crashed into a giant-scale 3D low-wing at a show. The biplane was able to land safely with minimal damage while the model plane was totaled. The NPRM has passed, and I'm sure everything will be as they always have been, since the Stone Ages.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:50 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
I see no possibility that an RC plane weighing less than 55 pounds will ever take out a full-scale aircraft.
Please excuse the snippet but I usually agree with most of your posts but this sentence struck a chord... I agree the possibility is low but to say "no possibility" is not something I can buy in to. I think even the smallest of our models has a "possibility", no matter how remote the "possibility" to take down a full-scale. We should take individual care not to ever be in front of a people carrying craft with our models...airplanes, cars or boats...it don't matter... Human life is too precious to take that chance.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:20 AM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
I see no possibility that an RC plane weighing less than 55 pounds will ever take out a full-scale aircraft. Not even a Piper Cub, which is considered a light-sport aircraft. This was demonstrated when a full-scale stunt biplane crashed into a giant-scale 3D low-wing at a show. The biplane was able to land safely with minimal damage while the model plane was totaled. The NPRM has passed, and I'm sure everything will be as they always have been, since the Stone Ages.
I too agree with most of your posts, but the "No Possibility" is too far. Why is the FAA recording all the near misses? Because there is a possibility of an accident that could involve fatalities and that is why they and the AMA have posted rules about flying around airports.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:17 AM
bradpaul

Here is a good example of ignorant reporting to scare the public.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/04...rt-113458.html

A near miss? The drone was reported to be a 1000' and 3 to 4 miles from the airport.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:04 AM
Flight Risk

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A near miss? The drone was reported to be a 1000' and 3 to 4 miles from the airport.
I agree the report may be ignorant and is lacking many important details, but the drone pilot is ignorant to any safety concerns.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:35 PM
FLAPHappy

I think it is a Near Miss because the they said it was 200 ft. below the airliner. How close are they supposed to get for a real near miss?
In my opinion, that drone should have not been anywhere near the flight path of the airliner. Nowhere in sight. Here we go again.

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 04-25-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:39 PM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
[/INDENT]I think it is a Near Miss because the pilot of the airline said it was 200 ft. below him. How close are they supposed to get for a real near miss?
In my opinion, that drone should have not been anywhere near the flight path of the airliner. Nowhere in sight.
My question is concerning the full scale, if the drone was 200' below the airliner is 1200' AGL a usual altitude when 3 to 4 miles from the runway?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.