Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 04:51 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe

...... come up behind you and kick you in the but..........

........Ground Hog, advises education for the drone operators............

Bout time ya done showed up , where ya been ?

Er , just for clarity of thought's sake , we are talking Butt , as in Backsides , and not but as in ; "but this thread will never die" , yes ?

And the gent you refer to , this "Ground Hog" fellow , , You wouldn't be referring to "Hound Dog" , would ya ?

Cause a quick read back and it looks like the only ground hogs round here are the sausages I had for dinner (Italian Spicy style , Mmm)

Anyway , they're all yours ..... Go get em Champ .....
Old 05-05-2015, 05:42 PM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Bout time ya done showed up , where ya been ?

Er , just for clarity of thought's sake , we are talking Butt , as in Backsides , and not but as in ; "but this thread will never die" , yes ?

And the gent you refer to , this "Ground Hog" fellow , , You wouldn't be referring to "Hound Dog" , would ya ?

Cause a quick read back and it looks like the only ground hogs round here are the sausages I had for dinner (Italian Spicy style , Mmm)

Anyway , they're all yours ..... Go get em Champ .....
Truly amazing, correct spelling ,great grammar, no head aching font! Alright, who are you and what have you done with Hound Dog?
Old 05-07-2015, 10:07 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spotted at a local park

Well...not really.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dronesolution.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2094513  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:22 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Porcia, it's not the drones, it's the Novice pilots that buy these things without knowing the AMA and FAA Safety Rules. I know you know that, and laughed at the photo, but its the Novice Pilots that need the Leash, not the Drone.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:26 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
Porcia, it's not the drones, it's the Novice pilots that buy these things without knowing the AMA and FAA Safety Rules. I know you know that, and laughed at the photo, but its the Novice Pilots that need the Leash, not the Drone.
Well I would go for the picture of a person on a leash...but trust me when I say it's not a picture that's family friendly or belongs on an RC site. Don't Google it either! .

I agree it's the pilot, but I won't limit it to the novice pilot...seen some videos already from very very experienced pilots doing some seriously dangerous stuff.

An interesting short clip from the head of the FAA. The theme....balance. Makes a lot of sense.

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...m-440790083834
Old 05-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's the novice pilots that need their drone on a leash, and a rule book about safe flying in their other hand. As well as some seasoned pilots who are doing some very stupid stuff.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:34 AM
porcia83
Banned

http://gizmodo.com/illinois-police-d...es-1703835364#
Old 05-12-2015, 08:55 AM
N410DC

Like this police department, The FAA uses the term "UAV" instead of "drone."
Old 05-12-2015, 11:14 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by N410DC

The police have it right, it is UAS for the entire system, aircraft and controller.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:14 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by N410DC

The police have it right, it is UAS for the entire system, aircraft and controller.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:10 PM
porcia83
Banned

You can say that again!
Old 05-12-2015, 04:03 PM
FLAPHappy

So what is a possible solution before the FAA and AMA restricts us all, because of a few reckless individuals flying in a flight path of manned aircraft? They can call them anything they want, drones, uav's ect., That is the point of this thread.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:36 PM
porcia83
Banned

Thought the point of the thread was the actions of a pilot. That's how the conversation has gone.

As for solutions and FAA and AMA restrictions.....we already have it. It's not the doom and gloom some people foretasted, not even close. Commerical use is even possible. Whowouldathoughtit?

Nothing the FAA, AMA, or any other agency puts out in terms of rules or regs or laws etc is going to stop or prevent someone from doing something reckless and at some point something unfortunate is probably going to happen. Hopefully that person will be dealt with accordingly.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:44 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Thought the point of the thread was the actions of a pilot. That's how the conversation has gone.

As for solutions and FAA and AMA restrictions.....we already have it. It's not the doom and gloom some people foretasted, not even close. Commerical use is even possible. Whowouldathoughtit?

Nothing the FAA, AMA, or any other agency puts out in terms of rules or regs or laws etc is going to stop or prevent someone from doing something reckless and at some point something unfortunate is probably going to happen. Hopefully that person will be dealt with accordingly.

+ 1, Also that is really not much if anything that can be done by us the modeling membership to stop the reckless flyers IMO that ball is the FAA's court along with local law enforcement.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:51 AM
Rob2160

I am really surprised more police agencies are not using drones already. I worked with a police aviation department for 13 years and at least 30% of the tasks could have been achieved as easily with a drone.

NSW is bigger than Texas and sometimes we would fly 2 hours to photograph a road intersection in relation to a fatal car accident investigation. It took most of a shift to fly there, do the job, refuel and fly back at a cost of $2000 per hour.

One drone located at each rural police station could take those photos at far less cost.

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-13-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:00 AM
[email protected]

DRONES DRONES DRONES when will people do something insead of talk
Old 05-13-2015, 11:17 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by [email protected]
What have you done?
Old 05-13-2015, 11:24 AM
[email protected]

ive never seen a drone if i do ill shoot it down
Old 05-13-2015, 11:26 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

You , having a problem with what other folks are talking about , are a great example of all that's wrong in our country today !

Point #1 , this is a discussion forum .

Point #2 , about things that fly ......

Point #3 , Drones fly !

As yet , I have seen no forced reading requirement here at RCU , and as such your under no obligation to read or respond to discussion topics that make you uncomfortable . Now , when you cross the line into telling other folks what they can or can't talk about that's when you need a serious look in the mirror to assess exactly where these "holier than thou" thoughts are coming from . You have , exactly , zero right to be telling anybody they can't discuss Drones here , and the louder you protest the more a fool you look to the rest of the group .
Old 05-13-2015, 11:34 AM
JohnShe

ive never seen a drone if i do ill shoot it down
I see them all the time at my club flying field.

Wish you the best of luck on shooting them down. In my neck of the woods it is illegal to discharge a firearm without a permit.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:02 PM
[email protected]

like i say people just talk and no action i dont care about drones understand?
Old 05-13-2015, 12:10 PM
ira d

like i say people just talk and no action i dont care about drones understand?
Obviously you can't go around shooting at other people's property to do so could end you up in jail or maybe even shot yourself. But you have been asked several times
before to one define a drone vs another type of model aircraft and two what do you feel should be done about drones?
Old 05-13-2015, 01:06 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by ira d
Obviously you can't go around shooting at other people's property to do so could end you up in jail or maybe even shot yourself. But you have been asked several times
before to one define a drone vs another type of model aircraft and two what do you feel should be done about drones?
Clearly you're missing the big picture here friend.

The dude is a man of action! He is taking action and loudly telling us he doesn't care about drones! There, he's done something!
Old 05-13-2015, 02:39 PM
ira d

The dude is a man of action! He is taking action and loudly telling us he doesn't care about drones! There, he's done something!
Yea you are right, Next time he comes on and says we ought to do something I will remind him he already has it covered.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:40 PM
FLAPHappy

NO! I disagree. He is a person with a BIG MOUTH, that doe's not like to talk about Drones. He has done absolutely nothing but mouth off , because he doe's not like this talk. I ask him point blank, why then do you read this thread? No reply. I again ask him, the same question, nothing from his side, so why in the world, if you don't like something, have some input and explain why. He has done neither.
All I do is disregard his foolish posts because he has no input or intelligence to defend himself. He is a TROLL, so forget about him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.