Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 01:16 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do U expect to get a Rational Definition for a "DRONE"
When we still haven't gotten the definition for "IT" From Slick Willy.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:45 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Very , very astute observation on the Hound's part . High five (paw ?) to you Mr. Hound .....
Old 06-23-2015, 03:31 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by init4fun
Very , very astute observation on the hound's part . High five (paw ?) to you mr. Hound .....
woof woof.Except that's the wrong type of Dog.
The Hound Dog of witch I speak is the
North American AGM-28B http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/fac...eet.asp?id=383

Last edited by HoundDog; 06-23-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:12 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD: I worked on the B-52D models. They did not use them then. It looks like a Bad a** machine!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2015, 07:38 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I worked with a Buff pilot at Tinker AFB in the 80's that made THE LAST operational flight with Hound Dogs. Thank you for your service sir!

I hope everyone can see the irony in Hound Dog posting in a Drone forum!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:01 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
I worked with a Buff pilot at Tinker AFB in the 80's that made THE LAST operational flight with Hound Dogs. Thank you for your service sir!

I hope everyone can see the irony in Hound Dog posting in a Drone forum!
And Your service as well.
Did Not see that but now that U mention it It was a BIG Drone
Had a BIG BANG too.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:26 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Although...If Der Schlickmeister was to ask you to "kiss it", as he did with Paula Jones, I bet you'd figure out his definition pretty dang quick!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:40 AM
TimJ

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/25...rn-california/

Another idiot preventing fire fighters from doing their job.....Enjoy.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:01 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by TimJ
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/25...rn-california/

Another idiot preventing fire fighters from doing their job.....Enjoy.
And the Idiots keep on coming day after day. I'll bet if it was their house on fire, they would have different priorities.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:34 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
And the Idiots keep on coming day after day. I'll bet if it was their house on fire, they would have different priorities.
AMA convinced Congress that the CBO could regulate the gamut of model airplane operations in the US, and nearly simultaneously put out the welcome mat for drones and their operators into the model flying community they claim domain over. So what AMA rules were being violated and what penalties are specified for for the proscribed elements of the "idiot's" activity in this instance? I'd like to know also how FAA would react to such incidents if not encumbered by Congress having usurped their authority and handing it over to a CBO. We may find out soon; FAA may be biding their time while letting the CBO prove the folly of Congress micro-managing their mission.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:41 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
AMA convinced Congress that the CBO could regulate the gamut of model airplane operations in the US, and nearly simultaneously put out the welcome mat for drones and their operators into the model flying community they claim domain over. So what AMA rules were being violated and what penalties are specified for for the proscribed elements of the "idiot's" activity in this instance? I'd like to know also how FAA would react to such incidents if not encumbered by Congress having usurped their authority and handing it over to a CBO. We may find out soon; FAA may be biding their time while letting the CBO prove the folly of Congress micro-managing their mission.
I don't think Congress has done anything to stop the FAA going after people who actually endanger full scale aviation.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:45 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Wow! CJ: apparently you did not read the article. The idiots flew their drones near full scale aircraft, putting human lives at Risk, and preventing the aircraft to complete their mission, which was to put out the fire. The commander forced the planes down until it was safe to fly. Now I can not specify which law was broken with a number, maybe you can? The CBO can do nothing, the FAA can, and forget congress, what have they done so far? Nothing, hell they can not make a simple decision on anything.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:52 AM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
Wow! CJ: apparently you did not read the article. The idiots flew their drones near full scale aircraft, putting human lives at Risk, and preventing the aircraft to complete their mission, which was to put out the fire. The commander forced the planes down until it was safe to fly. Now I can not specify which law was broken with a number, maybe you can? The CBO can do nothing, the FAA can, and forget congress, what have they done so far? Nothing, hell they can not make a simple decision on anything.
No, not without some look-up of rules that might apply in the situation, and that is why I asked. I certainly agree that the operations were reckless and put people and property in danger, and there should be some consequence for the perp's actions. LEO needs needs to have the answer(s) in order to make charges. They are apparently confused. The spokesman for the fire boss in a broadcast TV interview re this incident said the model airplanes were limited by law to operate within 400 ft of the surface. FAA has made no such law, though they have made it clear for decades that is what they feel is needed in the interest of avoiding conflict between models and manned aircraft, but per AMA lobbying Congress ruled to constrain FAA from regulating model aircraft, buying into AMA's argument that they (as CBO) could do the regulating. FAA doesn't have much to work with here; there seems to be a lack of objective standards in the regulation of model aircraft, but all they have is subjective rules ala 'reckless endangerment.' Charges of violating subjective rules nearly always end up being argued in a court, as they always open to interpretation. Seems to me rather chaotic for law enforcement to deal with, as in charging everyone that commits a driving infraction (speeding, running stop light,etc.) with generic "reckless endangerment" of the public. That should make traffic courts the biggest business in the country.
I am sorry, but your statement than FAA can <regulate MA> and forget Congress won't fly. Congress holds the purse, and so the power over FAA. The action by Congress pandering to AMA's wishes that FAA be reined in was within the context of an FAA funding bill.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:17 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Default Look, up in the sky, it's........BOOM

http://gizmodo.com/this-guys-neighbo...one-1714496464

Last edited by porcia83; 06-28-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:49 PM
FLAPHappy

Sorry, double post.

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 06-28-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:27 PM
init4fun

And in tonight's news ; 6/29/15 , In Seattle at a pride rally , a woman was knocked out by a falling quadcopter being flown over the event by person(s) unknown . The woman was treated for a concussion and witnesses told police the quadcopter struck the side of a building , disabling it and sending it to the ground where it struck the young woman in the head . Police are reportedly looking for a white male with a tattoo of a woman on his body .

I replaced the word "drone" with the word "quadcopter" in the story because that's what the news report showed , a 4 bladed Heli that they claim to cost approx $1200 . Was it taking pictures/video for hire ? Or was it being piloted by yet another ignorant dolt without the good common sense to not fly directly over folk's heads ?

The rest of the wording is unchanged from the report I saw .....

Last edited by init4fun; 06-29-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:51 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i think ill go get a drone and see what makes people talk about them then i can say the right things sorry iam so stuped about the drones>
Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by [email protected]
i think ill go get a drone and see what makes people talk about them then i can say the right things sorry iam so stuped about the drones>
Try it U might Like it but I'll bet U get bored with it real fast . Maybe not if U do FPV and race the little ones thru the woods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsxyV-kgfio
Old 06-29-2015, 11:01 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Try it U might Like it but I'll bet U get bored with it real fast . Maybe not if U do FPV and race the little ones thru the woods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsxyV-kgfio
Man, that looked like fun. piques my interest a little bit. Who knows...maybe one day...
Old 06-30-2015, 03:40 AM
franklin_m

Here's the link to the Seattle event. These things will result in more restrictions on our hobby...AMA made a huge mistake welcoming them. The media can't handle the subtle distinction of drones vs hobby planes.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...parade-n384076
Old 06-30-2015, 04:47 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

Best Buy is now pushing the "Drones" here is the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/buying-g...eut=2529476634

Down at the bottom of the page they talk about the AMA, wooo whooooo.......
Old 06-30-2015, 06:21 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Here's the link to the Seattle event. These things will result in more restrictions on our hobby...AMA made a huge mistake welcoming them. The media can't handle the subtle distinction of drones vs hobby planes.

Thank You for posting the link , Franklin . I'm not computer savvy enough and every time I try to post a link , it doesn't work .

As to the last sentence in your post , I agree that the media is now and will be in the future our biggest problem . Let a Drone be used to save some poor old person who wandered off into the woods , and it'll be page 4 news at best . But let a Drone injure someone , badly , and it's front page huge letters "Menace from the skies !!!" .... The media are nothing more than modern day ghouls , I swear those sick SOBs actually get off on the carnage they so gleefully drag into our livingrooms each and every day .
Old 06-30-2015, 06:23 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by franklin_m

No it won't, but it seems it would absolutely thrill some if this was the case. With all that's happened so far, anything horrible happen to the hobby yet? No. It's not the AMA's job to respond to every incident like this and try to differentiate this guy from AMA members. Nor do we need to differentiate a quad from a fixed wing aircraft, me thinks the average person knows the difference. So far, despite all the doom and gloom prophesying, I've yet to see any type of groundswell support for banning the hobby. Where are all the links to those stories? Crickets.......

They need to find the guy, arrest him, then fine him. After some meaningful time behind bars, he'll face a bodily injury claim that his home owner carrier (if he has insurance) will deal with. If uninsured, he'll be held civilly responsible. I'm sure the local police can find appropriate charges to file against him. The legal fees alone would be significant. Will it stop another person from doing the same thing, probably not.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:13 AM
Sport_Pilot

The media can't handle the subtle distinction of drones vs hobby planes
Hobby planes are drones! Handle it!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:18 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Hobby planes are drones! Handle it!
Or not , depending on to whom one is conversing ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.