Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Old 07-02-2015, 02:45 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foodstick
Thought I heard on the news some woman got KO'd by a falling drone ? It will be daily from now on I suppose.. We had a group of guys getting into them in our club ..but they seem to have given up on them lately.. hardly ever see one at the field.

Interesting.

There's a couple of blokes who fly them at my site. They are really "into" the FPV technology ... or, rather, they were.

They were telling me, the other day, that they have a hankering for the simplicity of sport LOS flying; that the hassle-factor of FPV seriously detracts from the pleasure. I expect that's a precursor to abandoning that aspect of the hobby.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:06 AM
Jersy Hank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure hope we can get these guys to join A.M.A. & learn where & how to fly safely.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:40 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tugboat1st
At 3 and 3/8 miles away.....Good luck with that.

Your comment makes no seance at all with out the post to which U refer.
Might be nice if U
use "Reply with Quote" so the rest of us know of what
U R posting about ... Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by HoundDog; 07-02-2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:49 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Jersy Hank
Sure hope we can get these guys to join A.M.A. & learn where & how to fly safely.
That's the Job of the people that sell the Quads and probably the News Media after the FAA get's their chance at them. Do we really want these Ignorant Un disciplined types at our fields clogging up the air space. Helis and fomeys are bade enough. Oh I forgot the Pattern 3D & Imac guys too. Hope I didn't step on any toes.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:20 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by HoundDog
That's the Job of the people that sell the Quads and probably the News Media after the FAA get's their chance at them. Do we really want these Ignorant Un disciplined types at our fields clogging up the air space. Helis and fomeys are bade enough. Oh I forgot the Pattern 3D & Imac guys too. Hope I didn't step on any toes.
Helis...Foamies....Pattern, 3D and IMAC...no, barely any toes stepped on. Whats left to do at the field other than mow the lawn?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:25 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
Helis...Foamies....Pattern, 3D and IMAC...no, barely any toes stepped on. Whats left to do at the field other than mow the lawn?
Fly real (toy) airplanes & SHOOT The Sheiat i.e. POOP. What else goes on at your field
OH OH OH I remember know (Senior moment there) We solve all the worlds problems and then go to Lunch.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:36 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Fly real (toy) airplanes & SHOOT The Sheiat i.e. POOP. What else goes on at your field
OH OH OH I remember know (Senior moment there) We solve all the worlds problems and then go to Lunch.
Get with the times HD...that's how it used to be for most of us. I've noticed an increasing amount of guys that just show up, fly as many times consecutively as they can and have little time to visit with anyone in any meaningful way...
Old 07-02-2015, 07:38 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Get with the times HD...that's how it used to be for most of us. I've noticed an increasing amount of guys that just show up, fly as many times consecutively as they can and have little time to visit with anyone in any meaningful way...
Too bad for them right LCS ? They don't know what World Problem Solving does to your mental status ... LOL
say nothing of talking Politics Religion or Women. All of which should be taboo at the field.
But Lunch with your buddys now that's worth something right there.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Jersy Hank

Default drone pioletdoes it again

No it is not the job of the folks who sell them. If you want to continue to enjoy our hobby as I have for 65 of my 73 years you better wake up! Look at all that our GREAT MINES in D.C. are doing right now. There is notting but YOU- ME & THE A.M.A. to fight what I, MY DEPARTED FATHER AND ALL A>M.A. MEMBERS HAVE ENJOYED FOR YEARS & YEARS!! There are folks on this site that most likey have been in this hobby longer than you have been alive. Just my feelings Harold A.M.A.-1242
Old 07-02-2015, 08:07 AM
HoundDog

No it is not the job of the folks who sell them. If you want to continue to enjoy our hobby as I have for 65 of my 73 years you better wake up! Look at all that our GREAT MINES in D.C. are doing right now. There is notting but YOU- ME & THE A.M.A. to fight what I, MY DEPARTED FATHER AND ALL A>M.A. MEMBERS HAVE ENJOYED FOR YEARS & YEARS!! There are folks on this site that most likey have been in this hobby longer than you have been alive. Just my feelings Harold A.M.A.-1242
Hey there Hanky:
Then who's job is it to enlighten these Morons that are not AMA members and have no intention of being an AMA member nor do they care and most probably don't know the AMA even exist. Now U tell all of us what U personaly will/are/would do about the Idiots that are causing all the problems for our hobby.
Besides U have a year on me in age and a couple in the hobby. Bought my first C/L planes in '56 from a class mate.
Built my first in 57. Built another in '65 at Chaunet AFB Ill . SGT Peters give me an artical 15 for that one ... some thing about Flamabils in the barracks. (DOPE) i guess. Have a great day my friend.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Jersy Hank

Hey there Hanky:
Then who's job is it to enlighten these Morons that are not AMA members and have no intention of being an AMA member nor do they care and most probably don't know the AMA even exist. Now U tell all of us what U personaly will/are/would do about the Idiots that are causing all the problems for our hobby.
Besides U have a year on me in age and a couple in the hobby. Bought my first C/L planes in '56 from a class mate.
Built my first in 57. Built another in '65 at Chaunet AFB Ill . SGT Peters give me an artical 15 for that one ... some thing about Flamabils in the barracks. (DOPE) i guess. Have a great day my friend.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A FYER OF ANY TYPE & UASKED "ARE YOU AN A.M.A. MEMBER" I DO IT AT EVERY PLUPLIC EVENT OUR CLUB HAS, we get new memberthat way! If you belong to A.M.A. do you take your old mags. and give them to your school so the kids can see what we do? Our club is allways trying to teach the public about A.M.A. we do two fun flys a year,one is a picknic we invite the public to for free lunch the other is a TOYS FOR TOTS that they are invited to, just bring an unwrapped toy get lunch on us. We usaly get 2 or 3 boxes of toys plus up to $500.00 in donations! Also we fly & have a table at our towns NATIONAL NITE OUT.So yes I-we are trying to do it ourselves! When ever we can. Because we love airplanes & try to get the kids to also love them. I guess some think I am blowing my own horn, but if all members & clubs don't do it who will!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:25 AM
littlecrankshaf

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A FYER OF ANY TYPE & UASKED "ARE YOU AN A.M.A. MEMBER" I DO IT AT EVERY PLUPLIC EVENT OUR CLUB HAS, we get new memberthat way! If you belong to A.M.A. do you take your old mags. and give them to your school so the kids can see what we do? Our club is allways trying to teach the public about A.M.A. we do two fun flys a year,one is a picknic we invite the public to for free lunch the other is a TOYS FOR TOTS that they are invited to, just bring an unwrapped toy get lunch on us. We usaly get 2 or 3 boxes of toys plus up to $500.00 in donations! Also we fly & have a table at our towns NATIONAL NITE OUT.So yes I-we are trying to do it ourselves! When ever we can. Because we love airplanes & try to get the kids to also love them. I guess some think I am blowing my own horn, but if all members & clubs don't do it who will!
"Our club is allways trying to teach the public about A.M.A." hmmm...sounds good. Maybe going through the local neighborhoods knocking door to door would yield good results too...
Old 07-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Jersy Hank

Hey LCS do you belong to the A.M.A. or are you one who says just a waste of my money! I'll spend it on a new toy.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:35 AM
littlecrankshaf

Hey LCS do you belong to the A.M.A. or are you one who says just a waste of my money! I'll spend it on a new toy.
I don't belong to the AMA...but I am a member LOL... Hmmm...funny though...never considered AMA a waste of my money...
Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Jersy Hank

Glad to see you are a member. did you notice how much they had to put out to set the F.A.A. straight. Or how ever you want to put it.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 AM
HoundDog

For all those that think it open season on DRONES (Quads).
Man Wins Lawsuit After Neighbor Shoots His Drone

A court has determined that you can't shoot your neighbor's drone out of the sky.
Legal experts say that shooting down a drone with a gun should technically
be a federal felony offense.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448531&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Click%20here%20to%20learn%20more.&utm_campaign=RCG%20Mass%20July%202
Old 07-04-2015, 01:57 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

For all those that think it open season on DRONES (Quads).
Man Wins Lawsuit After Neighbor Shoots His Drone

A court has determined that you can't shoot your neighbor's drone out of the sky.
Legal experts say that shooting down a drone with a gun should technically
be a federal felony offense.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448531&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Click%20here%20to%20learn%20more.&utm_campaign=RCG%20Mass%20July%202

HD: Please read this. The 4th Amendment involves this. Privacy is violated when someone else enter your own property without prior authorization from the person who is conducting anything on your own property. The guy won't be charged with a Feloney and spend 20 years behind bars, hell, they let murderers go free in half that time frame.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fourth_amendment
Old 07-04-2015, 03:34 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
HD: Please read this. The 4th Amendment involves this. Privacy is violated when someone else enter your own property without prior authorization from the person who is conducting anything on your own property. The guy won't be charged with a Feloney and spend 20 years behind bars, hell, they let murderers go free in half that time frame.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fourth_amendment
Your property ends at just above the ground so says the FAA be sides you government doesn't believe in the "Constitution"
Besides i'm just repeating what was presented. Sorry if I offended ya. If U don't like what I post Simply don't read it. No one is twisting your arm.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:52 PM
littlecrankshaf

Glad to see you are a member. did you notice how much they had to put out to set the F.A.A. straight. Or how ever you want to put it.
set the FAA straight...LOL The FAA will never be straight...we passed the point of no return a long time ago... This inevitable wreck is just going to accelerate now. We have a full fledged "government fearing" society now...
Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 PM
FLAPHappy

Your property ends at just above the ground so says the FAA be sides you government doesn't believe in the "Constitution"
Besides i'm just repeating what was presented. Sorry if I offended ya. If U don't like what I post Simply don't read it. No one is twisting your arm.
HD:. Hey buddy, you didn't offend me or anyone else. I know the Government doesn't believe in the Constitution, if they did, we would not be in the mess we are all in right now. I do enjoy your posts, most of them are spot on. I just posted what I read, that's all.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:14 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

set the FAA straight...LOL The FAA will never be straight...we passed the point of no return a long time ago... This inevitable wreck is just going to accelerate now. We have a full fledged "government fearing" society now...
Having worked for the FAA for the last 27 years and very much looking forward to NOT working for them in another 180 days, I can, in part agree with you. However, having a closed minded attitude like that on both sides of the subject; inside the FAA and outside the FAA. ISN'T going to make anyone smarter or improve the situation for anyone.

To fix anything you need to be listening and talking and trying to get folks to understand what is a wise choice and what is nothing but more useless, unenforceable regulation.

And littlecrankshaf, given you tag line at the bottom of your posts you might also consider a review and study of Matt 5, esp. 5:38 through 48.

Last edited by MajorTomski; 07-05-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Sport_Pilot

To fix anything you need to be listening and talking and trying to get folks to understand what is a wise choice and what is nothing but more useless, unenforceable regulation.
I don't think most of the stupid regulations (not all of them just the stupid ones) are there because of ignorance of the bureaucrats, but because of corruption.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 07-06-2015 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Removed double negative
Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
Having worked for the FAA for the last 27 years and very much looking forward to NOT working for them in another 180 days, I can, in part agree with you. However, having a closed minded attitude like that on both sides of the subject; inside the FAA and outside the FAA. ISN'T going to make anyone smarter or improve the situation for anyone.

And littlecrankshaf, given you tag line at the bottom of your posts you might also consider a review and study of Matt 5, esp. 5:38 through 48.
Good to hear you'll be "free" from the FAA soon!!!! Well at least directly speaking, of course... LOL But as for as your admonishment of my further study, I can understand the need for the cryptic suggestion, as these type discussions are viewed with great disdain in todays "paint by the numbers" mindsets, but I fail to see any inconsistency in my post in regards to the suggested study...But be that as it may, my point is that we are moving or have moved from a god fearing society to a government fearing society...got to be on winning side or cheer for the right team... right? To further my point...the most vocal consensus seems to concede the NAS starts from the ground up...do I have that right??? That is not a "system" IMO but an over reach for the purpose of full control and thereby decimating independent and individual rights...and there is very little resistance to that method of adverse possession ever heard/voiced...and any small resistance to that end is diminishing at an alarming rate... Hmmm...just wondering how things would have been much different to just let ole King George have his way...LOL...as in the end game, not a lot of difference except a lot of good men died for a dream of ever elusive freedom and liberty...

Sorry for the overly long post...

Last edited by littlecrankshaf; 07-05-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:54 AM
FLAPHappy

Good to hear you'll be "free" from the FAA soon!!!! Well at least directly speaking, of course... LOL But as for as your admonishment of my further study, I can understand the need for the cryptic suggestion, as these type discussions are viewed with great disdain in todays "paint by the numbers" mindsets, but I fail to see any inconsistency in my post in regards to the suggested study...But be that as it may, my point is that we are moving or have moved from a god fearing society to a government fearing society...got to be on winning side or cheer for the right team... right? To further my point...the most vocal consensus seems to concede the NAS starts from the ground up...do I have that right??? That is not a "system" IMO but an over reach for the purpose of full control and thereby decimating independent and individual rights...and there is very little resistance to that method of adverse possession ever heard/voiced...and any small resistance to that end is diminishing at an alarming rate... Hmmm...just wondering how things would have been much different to just let ole King George have his way...LOL...as in the end game, not a lot of difference except a lot of good men died for a dream of ever elusive freedom and liberty...

Sorry for the overly long post...
LCS: Lets clear up the question of the NAS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Airspace_System
Old 07-06-2015, 07:07 AM
Sport_Pilot

That is not a "system"
Correct, the NAS is the system of airspace control, it impossible for the NAS to start from the ground up because the NAS is not airspace itself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.