Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 03:26 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by humpmaster
Agreed!! very good Idea, but good luck, we just had a small helicopter crash in our area, started a major fire, just found out today the boy flying it was only 17?? and had his cousin whom was 16 with him! both fatalities! wow! turns out from what I heard the boy was legal?? and had his pilots license etc... would have never thought that would be possible but there ya go! I was aware many years ago that you did not have to have a pilots license to fly a kit plane, or "test plane" as they call it! ultralight's and helicopters as well! crazy! but then again they are much easier to spot than a drone! and are manned and most of them are smart enough not to get hit bye a jet or plane as they would be injured! or killed.
the world is a crazy place!
cccccyyyyyyaaaa!
The minimum age for a private pilot certificate is 16 for balloons and gliders, and 17 for powered flight (airplanes, helicopters, and gyroplanes). Pilots can begin training at any age and can solo balloons and gliders at age 14, powered aircraft at age 16.[SUP][3]
to fly Helicopters u need a special endorsement on your Ticket. One also has to pass at least a 3rd class Physical. LSA Light Sport Aircraft U don't need the 3rd class just a drivers license. True Ultralights (under 54 lbs and single seat) does not require a License or Physical.[/SUP]
Old 07-21-2015, 05:05 AM
Sport_Pilot

The stop action picture seems to show a very large drone, probably 5 feet or so from rotor tip to tip. Not sure what you mean by proportional. The video was fake. The winglet had the name of the visual arts company that did this.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:45 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you stop talking about drones they might go away tell you local hobby shop to stop selling them big or small write to the people who make them what is going on and stop selling them or the hell with what the law says shoot them out of the sky
Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Sport_Pilot

If the hobby shop stops selling drones, where am I to buy my Ugly Stick drone?
Old 07-21-2015, 06:05 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Hobby King...duh!
Old 07-21-2015, 06:31 AM
hairy46

My plane's are not drones, I fly them in designate areas and in the line of sight! Don't know how an ugly stick is a drone, we always called them airplanes as well!

Last edited by hairy46; 07-21-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
Sport_Pilot

A drone is any remotely controlled aircraft, FPV, recreational, multi-copter, Or airplane. Look it up in the dictionary.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:55 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

Drones are male honey bees which are the product of an unfertilized egg. Unlike the female worker bee, drones do not have stingers and do not participate in nectar and pollen gathering. A drone's primary role is to mate with a fertile queen.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 AM
f16man

Originally Posted by dalolyn
Drones are male honey bees which are the product of an unfertilized egg. Unlike the female worker bee, drones do not have stingers and do not participate in nectar and pollen gathering. A drone's primary role is to mate with a fertile queen.
What a job................
Old 07-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Sport_Pilot

He needs to scroll down on that dictionary page.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:44 AM
freeonthree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Good point! I think we ought to get the government to ban them pesky electrics altogether. The chances of them going though the windshield of a motor vehicle is probably a million times more likely.... Can you just imagine a electric plane going through the windshield of a bus filled with nuns and orphans?
All electrics ? I hope you meant quad copter. I'd rather have a smaller electric plane that went out of control slam into my windshield, than a 1/4 scale gasser or larger.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:29 AM
humpmaster

Default thank you

wow! that is nut's, you would think the minimum age would be 18 or even 21 ohhh well, another reason for me to keep my helmet on!
look out for those teen pilots with tootsie pops in their mouths! I'll stay on the ground thanks.

Oh and thanks for the legalities! learn something new everyday! everydays a learnen day!
wish Id learn how to spell, but I know what I mean. lol and I dont have time for spell check! takes me an hr just to hunt and peck the keys! and now my eye sights failing so even tougher, guees I will have to learn brail next!

and the bee drone job, sign me up!
ccccccyyyyyyyyaaaaaa!

Last edited by humpmaster; 07-21-2015 at 11:37 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 07-21-2015, 11:35 AM
humpmaster

Agreed!
Old 07-21-2015, 11:42 AM
humpmaster

Agreed!
dang it! sorry!
little pet peeve of mine! how many of you are actually what you post as your profile!
didn't think so,
just and fyi! a profile is a picture of ones self! not ones interest, hobbies, pets etc..
dont know what the forum rules on this site are for profiles, but most sites would bann you for portraying your something your not! like face book and Google.
pretty simple if you dont want to display your self than dont.
but dont put down that you are an airplane, or a mangy mutt etc..put those pics in you albums!
like I said just my opinion.

Last edited by humpmaster; 07-21-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Bob93447

California is about to pass a law that allows firefighters to destroy, without liability, any drone that interfers with firefighting operations. This ought to be interesting. I guess every unit will have a designated "skeet" shooter.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:48 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Bob93447
California is about to pass a law that allows firefighters to destroy, without liability, any drone that interfers with firefighting operations. This ought to be interesting. I guess every unit will have a designated "skeet" shooter.
Neat ... Fire fighting Tankers equipped with Side Winders. WOW!
Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Originally Posted by Bob93447
About Time! They will need at least 4-5 shooters. Why limit the number of shooters? Make it fair, 1 for 1. The Drones are like Fly's, on stink........
Old 07-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Neat ... Fire fighting Tankers equipped with Side Winders. WOW!
Don't think the 'winders will work - not enough heat to discriminate
Old 07-21-2015, 03:15 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

What firefighter should do is carry a braodband jammer for the frequencies used to control drones. Since most drones have a GPS and return to sender capability it would return to its owner. All you would have to do is follow it and get the responsible party
Old 07-21-2015, 03:44 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by dirtybird
What firefighter should do is carry a braodband jammer for the frequencies used to control drones. Since most drones have a GPS and return to sender capability it would return to its owner. All you would have to do is follow it and get the responsible party
The only place where Quads (Drones) have become a problem is near Forest fires where they are using Fire fighting aircraft. They haven't presented a problem. The reason Fire Fighters like any one else, don't like them is they can be (Monday Morning Quarter Backed). Tough when someone that can't do the JOB, tells ya what U did wrong in the heat of the moment. Drone haters get over it they are here and here to stay.
I was at the EAA Airventure convention in Oshkosh WI. today, Tuesday, and there were no less the 5 forums on different Drone Topics form safety to commercial use as the FAA is concerned.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:13 PM
humpmaster

BIngo!! give that man a cigar! perfect! and like others said have a tracking device incorporated, (just like cell phones) so you could track them where ever! sounds good to me!, but then the cheap models with out g.p.s. dont have that feature.
but still is dang good idea! I think.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

http://bniussr.ning.com/wildland-fir...-drone-dangers

Read this, its from the CA fire and one of the pilots who flew there.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Barcandson
My Feedback: (20)

In the past couple days, helicopters attempting to put out a major brush fire in southern California were deterred from getting close to the fire by several drones attempting to get video of the fire. The drone presence kept them away from the fire for at 15-20 -- critical time to get the fire out before it can spread further. The drone operators had no sense whatsoever. The emergency responders had no way of determining where the operators were to tell them to get away from the fire. I'm very much in favor of the FAA clamping down very tightly on these aircraft.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:56 AM
LJE4357
Banned
My Feedback: (74)

Did anybody see on ABC national News last night, the Quad-Copter that had a semi-automatic pistol mounted on it, and was fired several times, and was actually fairly accurate? Whats next a Hell_fire missile! The jerk was caught by police, he said it was a project he built for school. He was an Mechanical Engineering student at some school in Mass.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:54 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
Don't think the 'winders will work - not enough heat to discriminate
Teh Army is working on a chain gun to bring down drones. It would be cool i they slaved it to helmet like the Apache. Go FGV (from the gunners view) on an FPV. That'l work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.