Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Old 07-25-2015, 04:00 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LJE4357
About the only way I see these drone's disappear, is we do what we can do, which is basically nothing. If the crazy's start using these things for killing innocent people, there is no way to stop it. But if all the electronics that make them work get stop, in production, they go away. How that's going to happen is easy. What happens here will also happen in China, where all this stuff is made. When they get used over there, guarantee the Chinese government will stop all production of drone material. It's already happen in some respect. Do you see a lot of composite planes anymore. Only a few left and there expensive. The reason, the Chinese government started fining company's dumping the solvents to clean up with on the ground. If the drone material isn't made anymore, there basically no drone's in large numbers and inexpensive.

IMO we don't need to go down the road of banning anything, The FAA needs to go after anyone that interfears with full scale avaition Calif is proposeing a law to allow LE to shoot down RC craft that interfere with full scale.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here it comes New Zealand to ban ALL model Flying Starting 1 August 2015
Start at 5:27 on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWIh..._EIyNjA3MjAxNQ
Old 07-27-2015, 04:43 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Here it comes New Zealand to ban ALL model Flying Starting 1 August 2015
Start at 5:27 on the video.

The ban has nothing to do with safety...they are just trying to shut that annoying guy up...;-)
Old 07-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
The ban has nothing to do with safety...they are just trying to shut that annoying guy up...;-)
You mean they want him to bug out. !;>)
Old 07-27-2015, 08:53 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Hey Cranky Did U watch the video the CAA their FAA is stoping ALL MODEL R/C flying in the whole country .. Because of Drone activity interfering with commercial Air Traffic.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Hey Cranky Did U watch the video the CAA their FAA is stoping ALL MODEL R/C flying in the whole country .. Because of Drone activity interfering with commercial Air Traffic.

HD: , I did watch this video, and I agree with LCS, the guy is kind of annoying. He did state, R/C flying will be banned August 1, but I question, was it for Drones with cameras, or all R/C?. I could not watch the guy to the end of his rant.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:51 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i did watch the bugger all the way to the end, and, the ban is for all model flying, r/c or otherwise. well, i do not think he mentioned indoor ops.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:48 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

........ Go to "Rc Truth" ...... Type the single word "Bruce" into the search bar .... Read the thread about the loss of a flying site in NZ that appears to be directly attributed to this guy ...... Then come back and tell me how many of his doom and gloom predictions your willing to take at face value ?

I know . "ewww" , , , Rc Truth ? Why would I want to go , , THERE ????" ..... Well , if you want a little "peek behind the curtain" at what's going on with this guy , check it out ..... I promise if you only read that one thread the cooties won't git ya ...... (yes , that IS a sarcasm smiley) ...
Old 07-27-2015, 06:24 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by init4fun
........ Go to "Rc Truth" ...... Type the single word "Bruce" into the search bar .... Read the thread about the loss of a flying site in NZ that appears to be directly attributed to this guy ...... Then come back and tell me how many of his doom and gloom predictions your willing to take at face value ?

I know . "ewww" , , , Rc Truth ? Why would I want to go , , THERE ????" ..... Well , if you want a little "peek behind the curtain" at what's going on with this guy , check it out ..... I promise if you only read that one thread the cooties won't git ya ...... (yes , that IS a sarcasm smiley) ...
He turned some of the people that were breaking the rules at the field he flies at. They told a number of lies about him

What's that got to do with their CAA stopping all RC fling of any kind in NZ?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Smokeyr67

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've just read the NZ CAA web site, including this link http://www.caa.govt.nz/rules/pending_rules.htm and I can't find anything about a blanket ban on RC flying.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:54 AM
init4fun

He turned some of the people that were breaking the rules at the field he flies at. They told a number of lies about him

What's that got to do with their CAA stopping all RC fling of any kind in NZ?

If that's what you took out of it , I'll say you do have an "interesting" take on things , that's for sure .

Funny , I read something completely different in the account of what happened to that flying site , Something more like the guy is a micro managing sort who wanted to call ALL the shots, and sent the club down in flames when his "supreme authority" wasn't followed to the letter .
Old 07-28-2015, 08:56 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Smokeyr67
I've just read the NZ CAA web site, including this link http://www.caa.govt.nz/rules/pending_rules.htm and I can't find anything about a blanket ban on RC flying.
That's because there isn't one . And isn't going to be one . It's just one guy , determined to force his "vision" on the rest of the flyers there .... All smoke , no sizzle .....
Old 07-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Smokeyr67

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

That's because there isn't one . And isn't going to be one . It's just one guy , determined to force his "vision" on the rest of the flyers there .... All smoke , no sizzle .....
WHAT???People where reading between the lines, jumping to conclusions or telling porkies to further their own agenda??? Well I never!
Old 07-28-2015, 02:55 PM
FLAPHappy

Now something is being done to arrest ,convict and Jail some of these idiots. Read this link:
http://www.pe.com/articles/fire-7749...efighting.html
Old 07-28-2015, 03:01 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Bills have been introduced, but that process takes a while and sometimes the original bills get watered down. The interesting part is the bounties....25k case to turn someone in. I bet some people are going to be thinking long and hard about that. Here's a thought...what if one or more of those people turn out to be employees for news stations?
Old 07-28-2015, 03:10 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by porcia83
Bills have been introduced, but that process takes a while and sometimes the original bills get watered down. The interesting part is the bounties....25k case to turn someone in. I bet some people are going to be thinking long and hard about that. Here's a thought...what if one or more of those people turn out to be employees for news stations?
If a NO Fly Zone is Declared, nothing fly's in the specific area, but Firefighting aircraft. The News Quadcopters would also be fined regardless because they hampered or shut down firefighting aircraft until the area is cleared. I hope it was News Quads, they need the AX anyway. JMO.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:26 PM
HoundDog

If that's what you took out of it , I'll say you do have an "interesting" take on things , that's for sure .

Funny , I read something completely different in the account of what happened to that flying site , Something more like the guy is a micro managing sort who wanted to call ALL the shots, and sent the club down in flames when his "supreme authority" wasn't followed to the letter .
Been watching his U-Tube videos for years ... U can believe what U want but he has the Video Proof ... Now of what U speak befor u ope your mouth. Do me a favor and look up a few dozen of his videos. 99% are all R/C related on things how 2.4 radios work which receivers ar better how to build FPV and quads. Many Many well done videos reviews on different RC related things.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM
littlecrankshaf

Been watching his U-Tube videos for years ... U can believe what U want but he has the Video Proof ... Now of what U speak befor u ope your mouth. Do me a favor and look up a few dozen of his videos. 99% are all R/C related on things how 2.4 radios work which receivers ar better how to build FPV and quads. Many Many well done videos reviews on different RC related things.
Yea, I've watched quite a few too. He is informative and I enjoy his videos...
Old 07-29-2015, 03:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

He's opinionated and not afraid to state his position, so that will naturally turn a certain amount of people off. Absent the rants sometimes, he seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:37 AM
FLAPHappy

Lets see where this goes??? http://video.foxnews.com/v/438390991...#sp=show-clips
Old 07-29-2015, 08:22 AM
radioman

I would have shot it out of the sky also but unlike this situation they wouldn't get their drone back and I would use the video from it to prosecute their sorry asses for invasion of privacy
Old 07-29-2015, 10:04 AM
porcia83
Banned

Chances are you would be arrested just as this guy was. Even more so if the "drone" was doing nothing more than flying around. Can the average person tell if the multi-rotor flying 200 feet plus high has a camera on it. Can the average person go outside and just fire a gun into the sky? I'd say no on both accounts.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:25 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
Chances are you would be arrested just as this guy was. Even more so if the "drone" was doing nothing more than flying around. Can the average person tell if the multi-rotor flying 200 feet plus high has a camera on it. Can the average person go outside and just fire a gun into the sky? I'd say no on both accounts.
Can a guy get a concealed carry permit for his drone?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:02 AM
porcia83
Banned

Can a guy get a concealed carry permit for his drone?
A minor can', but I think his father can!
Old 07-29-2015, 11:16 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
It's a whacked world out there...should have given the guy an attaboy and a pat on the back for taking the proper action instead of arresting him. Hard to figure anymore...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.