Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Old 07-30-2016, 03:22 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks Like WWF In this corner we have Sport-Pilot and his tag team Partner the one and only porcia83 and in the other corner we have the great Hydro Junkie and his tag team partner the one the only the great int4fun. Norw boys I'll have no biting, eye gouging, hair pulling, hitting below the belt or any thing of that nature. So lets have a nice clean match and may the best team win..

But then "What difference at this point does it make?"

Boy sure am glad I stayed out of this one. LOL
Old 07-30-2016, 03:26 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Looks Like WWF In this corner we have Sport-Pilot and his tag team Partner the one and only porcia83 and in the other corner we have the great Hydro Junkie and his tag team partner the one the only the great int4fun. Norw boys I'll have no biting, eye gouging, hair pulling, hitting below the belt or any thing of that nature. So lets have a nice clean match and may the best team win..

But then "What difference at this point does it make?"

Boy sure am glad I stayed out of this one. LOL
Don't lump me in on this one, I'm going to have to tap out. I got off this train wreck when the geek techy stuff started, WAY over my head. For a change I shut up...let the record reflect the time and date, LOL.

(never understood the whole "grouping" of people though, the ones claiming gangs etc are very clearly aligned with others that called the same things no? Silly stuff for grown-ups.)
Old 07-30-2016, 03:28 PM
porcia83
Banned

This is my idea of fluid dynamics buddy!

Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2016, 04:44 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Always interesting to see people calling others trolls, when I think that's the very definition of trolling. Why not just agree to disagree, or better yet not respond. And whats with the current trend of lumping people who agree with each other as "buddies", "pals" etc. If there's one or two people who also agree with you, wouldn't that also be the same case? So confusing!
Sport not respond? Ain't gonna happen. He must always have the last word.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:08 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Sport not respond? Ain't gonna happen. He must always have the last word.
As with most generalizations, that's just not true. He brings a difference perspective to many discussions, but is rarely the one calling others trolls and names, and losing his patience and cool. Also, nobody is forced to respond to him, so these conversations he allegedly always has to get the last word in on would be really short.....
Old 08-02-2016, 06:34 AM
N410DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys U may be Hanging an Innocent man. If U google maps JFK and measure a line 4 miles in length from the approach end of RW 13L then back to the geographical center of JFK I come up with a total of 9.19 Statute Miles and Air craft report in NM so it would be even farther out. So using 9.19 total SM minus 4.0 SM that puts this guy .19 SM out side of the 5 mile radius around JFK. This might makes him legal, Not smart but Legal just the same.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jo....7781391?hl=en
Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Well even so he did not give right of way.
I agree with Sport_Pilot. He flew too close to a full scale aircraft. This contrary to the AMA safety code (and probably the guidelines of any other CBO that I may not be aware of,) and will thus attract the attention of the FAA. Whether the drone was 0.01 miles or 100 miles from the nearest airport is irrelevant.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:59 AM
HoundDog

Ain't ya all glad U ain.t flyin fer profit.

If you have a 333 with a blanket COA, you have to report your monthly activity even if you did NOT fly. Yes, I know this stinks because I myself have a 333 and have to report each month. The FAA's COA website says, "The Monthly Operational report is expected to be submitted within 5 business days after end of the reporting month."

Thankfully, these requirements are not in Part 107 going forward. However, there are NTSB and FAA reporting requirements if your drone happens to crash. Better to read and know them BEFORE you crash so you are not fumbling around if the situation happens. Expect another article on this to come out very soon.
Do we have a continuing obligation to report once we all switch over to Part 107 and stop using our 333s? Strictly speaking, yes, because the 333 and COA are still valid and the COA requires you to report even when you do not fly. I would continue to do it until the FAA tells you to stop or until the exemption expires 2 years after the grant date. You can find your expiration date by looking at the last page of your exemption.
Filing reports shouldn't be much trouble if you set up an alert in your schedule or digital calendar to remind you at the end of each month.
SHARE! You should let your friends know about their monthly reporting requirements. Simply click one of the social media or email buttons located above or below to share with your friends.
Make sure to sign up for the free drone law newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in drone law.
[h=2]Reporting Requirements from the Blanket COA[/h]1. Documentation of all operations associated with UAS activities is required regardless of the airspace in which the UAS operates. NOTE: Negative (zero flights) reports are required.
2. The operator must submit the following information through mailto: [email protected] on a monthly basis:

a. Name of Operator, Exemption number and Aircraft registration number
b. UAS type and model.
c. All operating locations, to include location city/name and latitude/longitude
d. Number of flights (per location, per aircraft)
e. Total aircraft operational hours
f. Takeoff or Landing damage
g. Equipment malfunctions. Reportable malfunctions include, but are not limited to the following:

(1) On-board flight control system
(2) Navigation system
(3) Powerplant failure in flight
(4) Fuel system failure
(5) Electrical system failure
(6) Control station failure

3. The number and duration of lost link events (control, performance and health monitoring, or communications) per UA per flight.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:04 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by N410DC
I agree with Sport_Pilot. He flew too close to a full scale aircraft. This contrary to the AMA safety code (and probably the guidelines of any other CBO that I may not be aware of,) and will thus attract the attention of the FAA. Whether the drone was 0.01 miles or 100 miles from the nearest airport is irrelevant.
Of course he flew too close to a full scale but then he has to be charged & prosecuted for that not because he was too close to an airport. A good lawyer would get him off if he was only charged for flying in side the 5 mile ring.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:12 AM
cj_rumley

Of course he flew too close to a full scale but then he has to be charged & prosecuted for that not because he was too close to an airport. A good lawyer would get him off if he was only charged for flying in side the 5 mile ring.
Bingo! Point well made, Dawg.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:30 AM
HoundDog

Well even so he did not give right of way.
Originally Posted by N410DC
Question: Did anyone get his FAA Number or was his "DRONE" Confiscated? Did they apprehend the cluprete or even know who he might be. So no one to prosecute OH well just another futile exercise for RCU Threads. Are we hav'n fun yet?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Sport_Pilot

Good point but I suspect that catching you flying within the 5 mile area even over 400 feet would get you a slap on the wrist or a small find. Flying within 50 feet of an airliner would get you a huge fine, maybe a night in jail.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:51 AM
HoundDog

Good point but I suspect that catching you flying within the 5 mile area even over 400 feet would get you a slap on the wrist or a small find. Flying within 50 feet of an airliner would get you a huge fine, maybe a night in jail.
U are probably right on that it would be a minimal punishment butThe 2 Key Words here are catching you. That just doesn't seem to happen, very often. Does it?
Old 08-03-2016, 06:09 AM
N410DC

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Bingo! Point well made, Dawg.
Excellent point. The prosecutor has to be very careful when deciding which charges to file. That said, most prosecutors simply file as many charges they can think of, in the hopes that at least one will lead to a conviction. Under this logic, the pilot in this case could theoretically be charged with trespassing and reckless endangerment (perhaps 100+ counts, depending on how many souls were aboard that aircraft), in addition to any other offenses the prosecutor can conjure up, Once the prosecutor threatens the defendant with a few years (or more) in prison, the defendant may be willing to plead to one or two counts, in exchange for his or her freedom. Interfering with a full scale aircraft is also a criminal offense, at least in some states.

I not an attorney, but based on my understanding, flying within 5 miles of the airport is a violation of a FAA policy, but not a criminal offense. If this is the case, criminal prosecution may not be possible for this particular offense. A fine is quite possible, though.

U are probably right on that it would be a minimal punishment butThe 2 Key Words here are catching you. That just doesn't seem to happen, very often. Does it?
Anohter good point, Virtually all pilot who have allegedly flown near full scale aircraft are never found. Of course, this fact may motivate the FAA and prosecutors to make an example out of the few people that they do catch.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:13 PM
porcia83
Banned

http://www.livescience.com/55745-pho...e-village.html
Old 08-16-2016, 01:43 PM
porcia83
Banned

I know this data base is out there already, but this is a more graphical representation of where these "drones" are.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...nNK/story.html
Old 08-16-2016, 06:46 PM
porcia83
Banned

And another player enters the market......no accident that Intel has been a big player in this discussion over the past 3 years.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/16/in...er-developers/
Old 08-17-2016, 06:35 AM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

And another player enters the market......no accident that Intel has been a big player in this discussion over the past 3 years.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/16/in...er-developers/
Intel? Great. These will be overheating and locking up falling out of the sky just like the first generation Pentiums. They're really going to give quads a bad name like never before. lol
Old 08-17-2016, 06:51 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by J330
Intel? Great. These will be overheating and locking up falling out of the sky just like the first generation Pentiums. They're really going to give quads a bad name like never before. lol
Lol...so true!
Old 08-19-2016, 02:58 PM
porcia83
Banned

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/19/cnn-...rce=newsletter

We're already seeing some video of the devastation of mother nature. I hope at some point first responders start using these to assist with disaster relief and recovery efforts.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:06 PM
HoundDog

For all U "DRONERS" that think U might want to make money flying DRONES Here is a to study guide of Part 107 of the FAR's for the FAA Exams for Operating a drone for hire in the US Airspace ther is a little info from Rupprecht Law P.A.
Have a Blast with this. Good thing we don't have to know all this stuff to fly for FUN.

[TABLE="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextContent"]Free Part 107 Study Guide
I created this free 100+ page Part 107 test study guide to help my clients. I believe many of you will benefit from it as well. I have included the material the FAA suggested you study, along with extra items I added that the FAA should have included. The extra items that I added are in bold text. It also includes 5 "cram" summary pages. You can go to the website and work off of it or you candownload the PDF.

Updated Question 25 from the 41 Questions Answered and Explained Article.
I corrected Question 25. Here is the link to the most up to date 41 Questions PDF. I included the 41 Questions PDF in the study guide above.

IACRA Problems
There are some indications that IACRA might not be up and running on August 29th. This can cause some problems. You may want to make some contingency plans. Continue......

FAA Form 8710-13 is finally up.
The FAA ideally wants us to apply for our Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate or for Part 61 pilots to add the sUAS rating using IACRA. Really IACRA is just a digital web portal for filling out form 8710-13. Since there are indications that IACRA might not be up and running on August 29th, the quickest way might be to file the paper 8710-13 via mail or in person at the local FSDO depending on your situation. Continue........[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: yiv6583065716mcnDividerBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv6583065716mcnDividerBlockInner"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 08-23-2016, 12:11 PM
porcia83
Banned

Yikes!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:24 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

For all U "DRONERS" that think U might want to make money flying DRONES Here is a to study guide of Part 107 of the FAR's for the FAA Exams for Operating a drone for hire in the US Airspace ther is a little info from Rupprecht Law P.A.
Have a Blast with this. Good thing we don't have to know all this stuff to fly for FUN.

[TABLE="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextBlockInner"]
[TABLE="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv6583065716mcnTextContent"]Free Part 107 Study Guide
I created this free 100+ page Part 107 test study guide to help my clients. I believe many of you will benefit from it as well. I have included the material the FAA suggested you study, along with extra items I added that the FAA should have included. The extra items that I added are in bold text. It also includes 5 "cram" summary pages. You can go to the website and work off of it or you candownload the PDF.

Updated Question 25 from the 41 Questions Answered and Explained Article.
I corrected Question 25. Here is the link to the most up to date 41 Questions PDF. I included the 41 Questions PDF in the study guide above.

IACRA Problems
There are some indications that IACRA might not be up and running on August 29th. This can cause some problems. You may want to make some contingency plans. Continue......

FAA Form 8710-13 is finally up.
The FAA ideally wants us to apply for our Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate or for Part 61 pilots to add the sUAS rating using IACRA. Really IACRA is just a digital web portal for filling out form 8710-13. Since there are indications that IACRA might not be up and running on August 29th, the quickest way might be to file the paper 8710-13 via mail or in person at the local FSDO depending on your situation. Continue........
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: yiv6583065716mcnDividerBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv6583065716mcnDividerBlockInner"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Not everyone has "fun" the same way. What is a "droner"?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:36 AM
mike1974

Yikes!
Hey porcia,

I will be in CT tue-thur next week. I will get at ya through PM. Is your PM problem fixed?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:43 AM
porcia83
Banned

All squared away for now buddy...but ya never know. I'll shoot you my email just in case. I'll get working on cleaning up our quad track!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:45 AM
mike1974

All squared away for now buddy...but ya never know. I'll shoot you my email just in case. I'll get working on cleaning up our quad track!!!
Sounds good!!! Ill bring my 250 quad. Maybe a plane if I have room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.