Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 06:44 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog
Isn't this new technology great? We should all be embracing and bowing down to these devices because it is the latest, greatest, fascinating technology. I really think these things are the future of our hobby. I guess I'll sell off all my balsa and "traditional" supplies, because this is clearly our future.

Astro
Astro:
Glad U have seen the Light ... Post your stuff up for sale so all your (O'l Gezzer) friends can take advantage of your enlightenment & Get all your conventional gear for cheep. Just like if U died and your widow would sell it for what U told her U paid for it.

Now before U blow a gasket I realize U are being sarcastic. LOL
Have an Awesome day..
Old 11-12-2016, 07:11 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Astro:

Now before U blow a gasket I realize U are being sarcastic. LOL
Have an Awesome day..

By the looks of the posts on the forum I believe those days are behind us.

Mike
Old 11-12-2016, 07:33 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by rcmiket
By the looks of the posts on the forum I believe those days are behind us.

Mike
Mr. Mike:
It's a LOL OK?
Old 11-12-2016, 07:36 AM
rcmiket

Mr. Mike:
It's a LOL OK?

Sure why not?
No need to call me Mister.
Mike
Old 11-12-2016, 09:23 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a little bit of harmless sarcasm. Time to get these threads back on a lighter note.

When I looked at that article though, it did hit me in the face again about how far removed from our hobby that the drones have become. Nothing to fear, and nothing wrong with them, just not anything remotely (no pun intended) close to our hobby and what the AMA was founded for.

Astro
Old 11-12-2016, 02:24 PM
HoundDog

Just a little bit of harmless sarcasm. Time to get these threads back on a lighter note.

When I looked at that article though, it did hit me in the face again about how far removed from our hobby that the drones have become. Nothing to fear, and nothing wrong with them, just not anything remotely (no pun intended) close to our hobby and what the AMA was founded for.

Astro
how far removed from our hobby that the drones have become
Isn't That What the Free Flight hard nosed guys said about the Control Line Guys" Then Control Line Guys said it about R/C Guys. Then It was said about Chopper Guys from the Traditional R/C Flyers.. Now the Quads are not in step with the Traditional R/C Flyers or Chopper guys. If it Flys it Takes off Flies through the air and Lands it behooves the AMA to welcome it as a new technology and accept it along with other forms of Model Aviation. What are guys going to say when Autonomous or even Mind Control is developed. Look at the Safe Tech and Stablizers being used by Traditional R/C Aviation.

just not anything remotely (no pun intended) close to our hobby and what the AMA was founded for.
The AMA was Founded to further Model Aviation no mater what form it takes in the feature. Just because one is stuck in the past shouldn't stimey progress or new forms of Model Aviation. JMHO Have an Awesome Day
Old 11-12-2016, 03:29 PM
rcmiket

how far removed from our hobby that the drones have become
Isn't That What the Free Flight hard nosed guys said about the Control Line Guys" Then Control Line Guys said it about R/C Guys. Then It was said about Chopper Guys from the Traditional R/C Flyers.. Now the Quads are not in step with the Traditional R/C Flyers or Chopper guys. If it Flys it Takes off Flies through the air and Lands it behooves the AMA to welcome it as a new technology and accept it along with other forms of Model Aviation. What are guys going to say when Autonomous or even Mind Control is developed. Look at the Safe Tech and Stablizers being used by Traditional R/C Aviation.

just not anything remotely (no pun intended) close to our hobby and what the AMA was founded for.
The AMA was Founded to further Model Aviation no mater what form it takes in the feature. Just because one is stuck in the past shouldn't stimey progress or new forms of Model Aviation. JMHO Have an Awesome Day

The biggest issue I see is the lack of the "droners" to embrace the AMA who are fighting for them. The new AMA SIG reinforces that with their "numbers". Until they get on board we surely will have a hard time "embracing" them. I'm by no means stuck in the past and welcome them along with their dues.

Speaking of dues I received 2 more AMA cards in the mail today. I renewed under the 2 year deal when it was offered and my old card was good through 2017. Why send me 2 new ones with the same date? Seems like a waste of funds to me.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-12-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:15 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Waste money? What.........our AMA ? Say it ain't so!
Cards are probably printed by the same outfit that prints the glorious ama rag. What's another zero added to that bill?
Old 11-12-2016, 04:43 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Waste money? What.........our AMA ? Say it ain't so!
Cards are probably printed by the same outfit that prints the glorious ama rag. What's another zero added to that bill?
Just seemed senseless and waste to me but that my business side kicking in. There's a old saying "If you take care of the pennies the dollars will take care of themselves".

Mike
Old 11-12-2016, 04:47 PM
astrohog

I'm out. Sorry I said anything......

Astro
Old 11-12-2016, 06:10 PM
HoundDog

Speaking of dues I received 2 more AMA cards in the mail today. I renewed under the 2 year deal when it was offered and my old card was good through 2017. Why send me 2 new ones with the same date? Seems like a waste of funds to me.

Mike
[/QUOTE]

Same here.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:38 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Well it looks like Disney can fly them at their parks now !

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/f...parks-43312753

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjnXWe-cDFo

These ain't your off the shelf drones.

Mike
Old 11-13-2016, 09:50 AM
freemanm

Mr. Hounddog;
I received an e-mail from you this morning touting the need for an FAA licsense to fly models (also known to the microcosim of Washington D.C. as a drones). My comments only reflect my opinion regarding ready made , Ready to fly drones!
Junkpilot
Old 11-16-2016, 02:08 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by freemanm
Mr. Hounddog;
I received an e-mail from you this morning touting the need for an FAA licsense to fly models (also known to the microcosim of Washington D.C. as a drones). My comments only reflect my opinion regarding ready made , Ready to fly drones!
Junkpilot

Don't remember sending U an Email but then it's been more than 15 seconds U can't expect an O'l Gezzer to remember that far back. anyway do I understand U right. U believe U don't need a FEDERAL (FAA) License to fly a ready made drone from wall-mart or best buy or your LHS. If that is your Opinion then U better check again if not I apologize to U sir for the misunderstanding. Anyway have an awesome Day
Old 11-16-2016, 02:09 PM
HoundDog

[TABLE="class: yiv8315291649mcnDividerBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv8315291649mcnDividerBlockInner"][SUB][SUP]Ruppercht Law[/SUP][/SUB] p.a.[TABLE="class: yiv8315291649mcnDividerContent, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: yiv8315291649mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv8315291649mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv8315291649mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv8315291649mcnTextContent"]I was recently a guest on Steve Hogan's podcast Drone Law Today.

"Now that Part 107 is in place, the commercial drone industry has a clear path to fly. No longer do we need to wait for months on end for a Section 333 Exemption to come through. You can take your sUAS, launch your business, and watch it soar.A question comes up, though, when the boundaries of Part 107 run up against what the customer wants. What if your paying client wants you to fly an operation that doesn’t fit with what Part 107 allows? What if you need to fly at night? What if you need to be in airspace where the restrictions are greater? What do you do then?
The answer is found in WAIVERS. The FAA’s online waiver application is relatively straightforward. But what should you request? How should you word it? How can you “stack” waiver requests to give your business maximum flexibility?
We get into that and more with drone attorney Jonathan Rupprecht. Jonathan has been a guest on the podcast before, and he constantly shares great information with the drone community.
Join us as we talk Part 107 waivers, what to do when you crash your drone, ongoing litigation against the FAA, and where this all goes from here."
Listen to the podcast in your browser here.

Original article here:
https://dronelawtoday.com/2016/10/24/part-107-waivers-more-with-jonathan-rupprecht/[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by HoundDog; 11-16-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:33 AM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, bad drone news makes it to CNN again. This is in downtown UK near their airport and skyscrapers around 4500 feet according to the pilot.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/europe...one/index.html
Old 11-19-2016, 01:32 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Originally Posted by GSXR1000
Yep, bad drone news makes it to CNN again. This is in downtown UK near their airport and skyscrapers around 4500 feet according to the pilot.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/europe...one/index.html

This reminds me why this thread was started in the first place! What Idiots.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

What a great development for modern society.......we now have "Drone Attorneys".......[facepalm]

Remember, anything that happens in their realm will inevitably leech into what we do and the things that happen to us.
There will always be some degree of guilt by association.
Even if it's just a vague [negative] impression in the back of a land owner's mind that you are approaching for permission to fly.

Last edited by combatpigg; 11-21-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:26 PM
FLAPHappy

Originally Posted by combatpigg
What a great development for modern society.......we now have "Drone Attorneys".......[facepalm]

Remember, anything that happens in their realm will inevitably leech into what we do and the things that happen to us.
There will always be some degree of guilt by association.
Even if it's just a vague [negative] impression in the back of a land owner's mind that you are approaching for permission to fly.
Huh??? Can you explain in DETAIL what you are talking about in this Post?
Old 11-29-2016, 06:19 AM
astrohog

For 80 years traditional RC modelers have built, flown and enjoyed their aircraft without the public feeling the need to, "protect their neighborhood":

http://newatlas.com/dronegun-neighborhood/46656/

Pretty clear to me how different drones are from model aircraft!

Regards,

Astro
Old 11-29-2016, 06:23 AM
rcmiket

For 80 years traditional RC modelers have built, flown and enjoyed their aircraft without the public feeling the need to, "protect their neighborhood":

Regards,

Astro

Great point.

Mike
Old 11-29-2016, 06:33 AM
HoundDog

Regards,

Astro
Try stopping these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qafLXN5pcnI
Old 11-30-2016, 02:57 PM
HoundDog

[TABLE="class: yiv2904346727mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2904346727mcnTextContent"]Rupert Law P.A.
I was a guest on the Drone Radio Show where we discussed what Part 107 means for the industry. Many don't realize the economic effects that Part 107 will cause on certain parts of the industry. I discussed some of the ways you can position yourself so as to not be greatly effected. I also discussed how the FAA will do future enforcement actions against individuals operating contrary to Part 107.

Listen to the interview in your browser here.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 12-09-2016, 10:05 AM
FLAPHappy

Here is another guy, flying his drone at his wedding and hits 2 women. Kinka dumb in my opinion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wedding-...one-reception/
Old 12-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Again, stupid is as stupid does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.