Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 04:32 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog
I beg to differ. Just one of many ways to easily defeat the NFZ and geo restrictions

http://www.coptersafe.com/product/nfz-mod-phantom-4/

Regards,

Astro
Sorry but the average creditcard flyer is not capable of disabling the nfz , especially that way.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:09 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Sorry but the average creditcard flyer is not capable of disabling the nfz , especially that way.
The average, "creditcard flyer" is not capable of operating a screwdriver? REALLY?

Astro
Old 03-03-2017, 05:18 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

The average, "creditcard flyer" is not capable of operating a screwdriver? REALLY?

Astro
I agree with Astro here , there is no way a product that does what this does should be legal for sale . I wonder what the manufacturer/seller's liability will be when a drone equipped with one of these boards gets caught doing something nasty inside a no fly zone ?
Old 03-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

The average person wouldn't be able to understand the instructions due to the reliance on smart phone tech. If they can't find it on their smart phone, it's not possible to do it
Old 03-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Astro
The average "millennial" doesn't even know how to check the oil in their car so how would they know how to use a screwdriver. HELL, a good majority of the "under 45s" at work don't know what's under the hood of their car, let alone how to change the oil, spark plug or air filter. They rely on others of that age group that were shown how to do the bare basics at a quick lube place or take it to the local dealership and pay the high costs for the "factory trained techs" to do it for them
Old 03-04-2017, 06:06 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by init4fun
I agree with Astro here , there is no way a product that does what this does should be legal for sale . I wonder what the manufacturer/seller's liability will be when a drone equipped with one of these boards gets caught doing something nasty inside a no fly zone ?
Nothing they sell Credit Card scanners that scan them in your pocket. Gun parts that U assemble your self. Devices to get your cars code to open the doors, Radar and Laser detectors. The list of things for sale when used wrong are endless. Why not things that make a quad capable of flying anywhere. The real Problem, Like anything is People, U can/t close up all the banks just because there are bank robbers. May be we should close up the IRS just because they get scammed out of billions each year. A straight 12% no deductions. If people are determined to break the law then there is nothing that can stop them. Jail is no deterent because they don't think they will get caught much less Prosecuted.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:10 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
The average "millennial" doesn't even know how to check the oil in their car so how would they know how to use a screwdriver. HELL, a good majority of the "under 45s" at work don't know what's under the hood of their car, let alone how to change the oil, spark plug or air filter. They rely on others of that age group that were shown how to do the bare basics at a quick lube place or take it to the local dealership and pay the high costs for the "factory trained techs" to do it for them
Pretty soon the car will just drive it's self to the dealer ship when it needs tires, Oil change or feels it has a temperature or a cold.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:38 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...terside-arrest

Mike
Old 03-09-2017, 03:00 PM
HoundDog

https://www.defensetech.org/2017/03/...C=eb_170309.nl

[h=1]US ‘Jammer’ Curbs ISIS Drone Threat in Mosul Battle[/h]
Old 03-09-2017, 03:16 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by HoundDog
https://www.defensetech.org/2017/03/...C=eb_170309.nl

US ‘Jammer’ Curbs ISIS Drone Threat in Mosul Battle

I certainly hope the US military would have the technology to handle threats along those lines.

Mike
Old 03-09-2017, 08:14 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I certainly hope the US military would have the technology to handle threats along those lines.

Mike
I certainly hope cognizant authority for airspace in designated NAS exclusion zones (FAA?) will very soon have the same technology and will to deploy and use it.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:16 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
I certainly hope cognizant authority for airspace in designated NAS exclusion zones (FAA?) will very soon have the same technology and will to deploy and use it.
Hi CJ ,

My feeling here is that they will deploy and use it in areas where politicians and other potential targets are at risk from an attack using weaponized drones , but that the general population (read , us the common folk) will never have the benefit of such protection .
Old 03-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Sport_Pilot

In other areas they are developing full scale drones that will carry people without a pilot. Just think of the hacking worries that will bring.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:47 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
In other areas they are developing full scale drones that will carry people without a pilot. Just think of the hacking worries that will bring.
Hi Sport ,

It's an interesting thing , these new developments in technology and the different benefits/perils they bring . Your mention of what amounts to a self flying helicopter , manned but not piloted by a person , is like the self driving cars that are already being driven in limited tests in some localities . Yes indeed the self driving car will save LOTS of accidents from happening because the computer will not drive with either Ego nor Attitude , but accidents will be caused by miscreants hacking into the car's controls . Being of a generation where we controlled our machines by hand and with our egos and 'tudes we were at least in some control over our chances of a crash , drive like a crazy person and your far likelier to have a crash than if your driving like a driving school instructor . A hacked into control will be beyond the passenger's control and I'm very happy to have lived before such automation becomes the norm . Sure , 100 years from now folks will think we were SO primitive for having to actually pilot our vehicles while the machine does it all for them , and I do believe that the automated transportation will be safer for them , right up till that hack or computer "Brainfart" renders the system inoperative while the vehicle is still in motion ....
Old 03-10-2017, 11:52 AM
cj_rumley

Hi CJ ,

My feeling here is that they will deploy and use it in areas where politicians and other potential targets are at risk from an attack using weaponized drones , but that the general population (read , us the common folk) will never have the benefit of such protection .

Could be, Init. Nothing they are doing now seems to be any more effective than sending the perps the Drone Club's educational material. The response to their ineffectiveness will be more of the SOS from the polititwits at state and local levels that will only impact model aircraft flying. Screw 'em, I'm growing sympathetic with the vigilantes and their shotguns.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:08 PM
HoundDog

Hi CJ ,

The real Protection needed is from the Idiot in your club (And every club has at least one) that doesn't know how to fly. Crashes all the time and ends up coming close to others or him self. That's a lot scarier than any Drone.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM
rcmiket

The real Protection needed is from the Idiot in your club (And every club has at least one) that doesn't know how to fly. Crashes all the time and ends up coming close to others or him self. That's a lot scarier than any Drone.
The guy who always crashes at the club field is a threat to those in the hobby and are in the general area of those participating in the hobby and you have the means at hand to control him or her in the club by laws.. We know the risks when we pull in the gate. Now risks to spectators need to be addressed by event staff to minimize the risk .
The drone operator depending on operation location is putting the general public at risk.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 03-10-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:17 PM
init4fun

Hello Hound dog my Friend ,

I will say that over the years there have been one or a few fliers like that at the club field where I fly , and thankfully "the system" always worked to correct the problem with their flying . If they were inexperienced they were educated . If they were ignorant they were eradicated . All it takes is having a set of club officers who will do the right thing for the club first (and not favor ANY single member) who have the backing of the entire club because they always DO act in the club's best interest , and problems like you mention are short lived indeed . Now could you please tell me where that system is for the unaffiliated rogue drone flyer whose putting their drones through Hi rise building's windows ?

PS , I couldn't imagine flying at a club that week after week tolerated safety deficient flying such that the members were always worried about getting hit by a plane ......
Old 03-10-2017, 03:21 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Could be, Init. Nothing they are doing now seems to be any more effective than sending the perps the Drone Club's educational material. The response to their ineffectiveness will be more of the SOS from the polititwits at state and local levels that will only impact model aircraft flying. Screw 'em, I'm growing sympathetic with the vigilantes and their shotguns.
Hi CJ ,

Well said ! Like I mentioned above , the club I belong to actually does have a perfectly functioning system to keep the flying safe & fun for all participants . Where IS this same protection mechanism to protect the general public from the unaffiliated BLOS drone flyer ?
Old 03-11-2017, 05:54 AM
astrohog

The guy who always crashes at the club field is a threat to those in the hobby and are in the general area of those participating in the hobby and you have the means at hand to control him or her in the club by laws.. We know the risks when we pull in the gate. Now risks to spectators need to be addressed by event staff to minimize the risk .
The drone operator depending on operation location is putting the general public at risk.

Mike
Well said, and I agree 100%

Astro
Old 03-11-2017, 05:56 AM
astrohog

I will say that over the years there have been one or a few fliers like that at the club field where I fly , and thankfully "the system" always worked to correct the problem with their flying . If they were inexperienced they were educated . If they were ignorant they were eradicated . All it takes is having a set of club officers who will do the right thing for the club first (and not favor ANY single member) who have the backing of the entire club because they always DO act in the club's best interest , and problems like you mention are short lived indeed . Now could you please tell me where that system is for the unaffiliated rogue drone flyer whose putting their drones through Hi rise building's windows ?

PS , I couldn't imagine flying at a club that week after week tolerated safety deficient flying such that the members were always worried about getting hit by a plane ......

Hit the nail on the head!

I agree 100%

Astro
Old 03-11-2017, 06:37 AM
HoundDog

Mike

Well said, and I agree 100%

Astro

I agree 100%

Astro

I'm currently a member of 5 clubs. 3 in AZ 2 in WI. None of witch really do much about these guys that are Icomponent flyers or just disregard rules and safety in general. 3 years ago I complained about the situations that existed at my home field and it got so bad that people wouldn't talk to me. I gave up and now things are more tranquil but still they refuse to make waves. Look at this yet he keeps flying when the wind is from his right because he can't make a right turn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXxCaupAQ8Q

Last edited by HoundDog; 03-11-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:53 AM
rcmiket

Mike

I agree 100%

Astro
I'm currently a member of 5 clubs. 3 in AZ 2 in WI. None of witch really do much about these guys that are Icomenentflyrs or just disreguard rules and safety in general. 3 years ago I complained about the situations that existed at my home field and it got so bad that people wouldn't talk to me. I gave up and now things are more tranquil but still they refuse to make waves. Look at this yet he keeps flying when the wind is from his right because he can't make a right turn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXxCaupAQ8Q
We don't have any rules against "bad" pilots at out home field (or any club I've visited) . IMO the guy isn't the best flyer I've ever seen and at least the guy crashes in the proper place and not the pits. Apparently you all know of his lack of ability and are aware and stay on the ground to watch or shoot video.. Just what club rules was he violating?

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 03-11-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:54 AM
cj_rumley

We don't have any rules against "bad" pilots at out home field (or any club I've visited) . IMO the guy isn't the best flyer I've ever seen and at least the guy crashes in the proper place and not the pits. Apparently you all know of his lack of ability and are aware and stay on the ground to watch or shoot video.. Just what club rules was he violating?

Mike
Totally agree with that, Mike. The best safety practice in our hobby is to adhere to one rule: keep the flying over the designated area where the model can crash without harming anybody or their property. The folks that I don't want to share the air with are often the most skilled pilots in the clubs I belong to, but feel the need to entertain/impress us with their frequent low passes over the runway center and aerobatics that frequently put their models' velocity vector at close range directly at other pilots and spectators.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:18 PM
HoundDog

Mike
Oh he's crashed in the pits several times just not on camera. So have others but not like this guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.