Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How about this?!!!!

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How about this?!!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 02:48 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Actually I agree both are ridiculous to some degree. Private property right are not unconditional and without constraints.

I think I'll file a request with the NRC today to see if I can build and maintain a nuclear reactor in my home. Two guesses as to how they will respond. Then I'll post their response here and highlight the absurdity of their response and complain that my property right are being being infringed upon.
Oh yah, those 2 issues are completely analogous! NOT !!! Just because there are some constraints, does not mean that they do not exist. Private property rights are one of the greatest things we have left in this country. If they go away, then all of this flag waiving about how great this place is may as well stop. Because at this point, I am getting tired of everyone trying to remind o me of how great this country is. I am not of the opinion that it is anymore.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:16 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Two words Eminent Domain. Your private property that you bought and pay taxes on can easily be taken away from you if the Government has a need for it. In some cases, it has been taken away and sold to private developers.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:28 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Oh yah, those 2 issues are completely analogous! NOT !!! Just because there are some constraints, does not mean that they do not exist. Private property rights are one of the greatest things we have left in this country. If they go away, then all of this flag waiving about how great this place is may as well stop. Because at this point, I am getting tired of everyone trying to remind o me of how great this country is. I am not of the opinion that it is anymore.
That's odd, seems to me tons of people are taking some pretty drastic measures to get to this country. I guess those that aren't so happy to be here can always exercise a great freedom they have...to leave. Grass might be greener over in say, Mexico or Canada, eh? Molson for the win.

I believe it was the great philosopher Aristotle, no wait...Socrates, 86 that, I mean Janis Joplin who once crooned:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don’t mean nothing honey if it ain’t free, now now.

Do you see what I mean, what she means, what it all means?

If so, I applaud you.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:39 PM
vertical grimmace

I have and certainly are contemplating leaving. Tired of the confiscation of wealth and the stealth police state we have. The freedom is a mirage. As they told us after 911 "Go Shopping". Bankrupt of culture, music, destruction of the family, feels like slavery by and large to me. You can have it.

Not so drastic to be here anymore. All you have to do is cross the border, then they just grant amnesty.

Do you know why the Berlin wall was built? Because the East block was losing it's labor. Cheap labor flocks here, because of the fallacy that is the U.S. utopia. Almost no reason for us to need labor now, as we have no manufacturing. As someone that works with many illegals, it does not take long before they want the same pay as everyone else.

Last edited by vertical grimmace; 11-21-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:42 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

At the risk of drifting to far....gas in CT was well up over 4 a gallon last year, sad that I'm thrilled when it gets to 3 now. I get that taxes are a necessary evil, but jeebus it's crazy!
Old 11-21-2014, 07:46 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
I have and certainly are contemplating leaving. Tired of the confiscation of wealth and the stealth police state we have. The freedom is a mirage. As they told us after 911 "Go Shopping". Bankrupt of culture, music, destruction of the family, feels like slavery by and large to me. You can have it.

Not so drastic to be here anymore. All you have to do is cross the border, then they just grant amnesty.

Do you know why the Berlin wall was built? Because the East block was losing it's labor. Cheap labor flocks here, because of the fallacy that is the U.S. utopia. Almost no reason for us to need labor now, as we have no manufacturing. As someone that works with many illegals, it does not take long before they want the same pay as everyone else.
Amen brother!
Old 11-22-2014, 05:41 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by porcia83
At the risk of drifting to far....gas in CT was well up over 4 a gallon last year, sad that I'm thrilled when it gets to 3 now. I get that taxes are a necessary evil, but jeebus it's crazy!
The average price of a gallon of gas just 6 years ago on the 20th of January was $1.86. How soon we forget.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:27 AM
vertical grimmace

There are some that want gas prices high. As crazy at that is. Too bad, many of them are in power.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:47 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
The average price of a gallon of gas just 6 years ago on the 20th of January was $1.86. How soon we forget.
Here is something to get an idea of historical gas prices. According to EIA's weekly survey, the U.S. average retail price of regular gasoline reached $4.11 per gallon on July 7, 2008... Yeah, we forget a lot depending...

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

Last edited by littlecrankshaf; 11-23-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:31 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPV is too big for the FAA to control

http://online.wsj.com/articles/gopro...nes-1417020883

When the consumer electronics companies get involved along with GoPro the numbers will explode.

My crystal ball predicts over 1 million FPV aircraft in the USA by 12/31/2015...................... it also predicts that the AMA will continue to grow to 180,000 members.

And some still expect the AMA to dis-ad vow FPV................. never going to happen.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:32 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by bradpaul
http://online.wsj.com/articles/gopro...nes-1417020883

When the consumer electronics companies get involved along with GoPro the numbers will explode.

My crystal ball predicts over 1 million FPV aircraft in the USA by 12/31/2015...................... it also predicts that the AMA will continue to grow to 180,000 members.

And some still expect the AMA to dis-ad vow FPV................. never going to happen.
Of course the AMA is going to hit 180,000 next our club alone signed up 30 or 40 at every funfly theu are all FREE MEMBERSHIPS for under 18. Not even a dollar any more. One thing I've learned through my all most 72 years on this planet are 3 things. 1. NEVER say NEVER and 2. if the government can screw it up they will and 3 if they can TAX it or regulate it will live.

Last edited by HoundDog; 11-26-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling