Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.uasresearch.com/home.aspx

http://aviation.und.edu/ProspectiveS...te/uasops.aspx

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=uav+school+north+dakota

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=uav+school+
Old 01-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by HoundDog
U forgot all cars trucks and planes are completely autonomous and stop lights (Round-A-Bouts) & Air traffic control no longer exists
But Half the worlds Population is still living in Mud huts and eating bugs and cooking with Camel Dung.
OH! OH! OH! We fly our R/C Space Planes with Mind Control ....
And glow plugs are usde for electronic cigs!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Maximilionalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcyK6HmR2Q Wonder when these guys are going to wind up injuring someone, with the stunts they like pulling?...
Old 01-07-2015, 01:54 PM
FormerCA.
My Feedback: (8)

The very last thing you want is any contact with the FAA. You would be hard pressed to find a bigger group of foul ups.

After all, they were responsible for security on 9-11-01 and you saw how well that worked out. I was an airline captain flying that day so no one here's got anything to tell me aboit it.

Whenever somebody in an airliner eats one of these drones that's going to put an end to it for us all. The only thing the Feds are gonna see is that it's a remote controlled flying object. At the rate that ignorance and stupidity are multiplying in this country it's just a matter of time now.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:26 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcyK6HmR2Q Wonder when these guys are going to wind up injuring someone, with the stunts they like pulling?...
The very last thing you want is any contact with the FAA. You would be hard pressed to find a bigger group of foul ups.

After all, they were responsible for security on 9-11-01 and you saw how well that worked out. I was an airline captain flying that day so no one here's got anything to tell me aboit it.

Whenever somebody in an airliner eats one of these drones that's going to put an end to it for us all. The only thing the Feds are gonna see is that it's a remote controlled flying object. At the rate that ignorance and stupidity are multiplying in this country it's just a matter of time now.

Wonder when these guys are going to wind up injuring someone, with the stunts they like pulling?...
Probably NEVER because as though it was Professionally Produced and edited.

As for
any contact with the FAA .
Never happen because It looks Like none of thei production was shot in the USA, or it's possessions, the only place the FAAhas any jurisdiction.

The rest of the world has accepted the New modern Technology why can't the USA and the FAA, because they are so far behind the curve they might as well be the CAA telling Waldo Pepper he can't fly.

Quads & FPV are here and they will be here for a long time although hobbyist will get borad just as people got board with fomeys. Little 2 ounce air planes and 3D junk. A couple of years or less it will all be a moot topic.Just like every thing on RCU Forums turns out to be.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:18 PM
FormerCA.

I am not talking about overseas. There have been pilot reports of drones flying in controlled airspace among commercial traffic. Doesn't take a big mental leap to figure out that this can not continue. Some jack ass is gonna be flying one on final and get sucked into a cfm56 or the like. Then you'll be able to stand back and watch the circus begin.

Just cause they wanted to get some "kewl extreme pics dood lol!"
Old 01-07-2015, 04:42 PM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Using common sense isn't working, so more laws such as no operation of toys or RC models within 3 miles of an airport are likely. The toys are here to stay.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:21 PM
porcia83
Banned

[video=youtube;MUcyK6HmR2Q]Wonder when these guys are going to wind up injuring someone, with the stunts they like pulling?...
Dunno, could be around the same time a guy who flies Radian over the public causes injuries or damages. Might happen tomorrow, might never happen. Best way to avoid that is to not do it.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by thailazer
Using common sense isn't working, so more laws such as no operation of toys or RC models within 3 miles of an airport are likely. The toys are here to stay.
You have a point...Dromes are here to stay I guess. Just not sure how more laws are going to prevent those that have no regard for current laws to cease and desist but what the hey, I guess a few more laws will make most Hubers feel better even if ineffective.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:23 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by thailazer
Sadly that appears to be the case. Don't know that a ton of new rules/regs/laws need to be formalized, but it might make sense to see some current ones on the books get used, some fines get put out there, and perhaps some criminal charges get levied so that examples can be made.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:37 AM
fliers1

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...new-york-city/
Old 01-08-2015, 10:55 AM
littlecrankshaf

Thanks fliers1. It seems we have a very good DVP in District II. Will be looking for a lot more from him in the future.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:58 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Sweet video! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
mike1974

Bought some Fat Shark Attitude v2's with 250mW TX and some upgrade Antennas!!!! Also picked up a Blade Nano QX FPV. Sweet little quad. FPV takes some practice! lol. Some of you guys should expand your RC horizon. So many "old geezer" comments. I have an electric foam Focke Wulf (now FPV) with 3' wingspan, have a Century Hawk .30 gas heli, an electric Trex 450 heli, A GP .40 Piper Cub kit I built, Big Stik .40 ARF, Almost done building my Top Flite Gold Edition .60 Corsair kit, a 1/32 rc car, a Blade MsR heli, a Blade MQX quad, a 4-site micro biplane and an E-Flite Night Vapor. RC rocks! Embrace it! Technology rocks! Embrace it!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:21 PM
porcia83
Banned

Foam? Did you say Foam?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ohthehugemanatee.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2062317  
Old 01-08-2015, 01:37 PM
mike1974

Originally Posted by porcia83
Foam? Did you say Foam?

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Something other then a traditional balsa kit plane! Get the torches and the pitchforks! lmao!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:37 PM
littlecrankshaf

I know one thing...sure getting tired of hearing the incessant dromming noise over my house. Got to stop them dromes already!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Jaybird

Drome-drome-drome-drome....Come, they told me, pa-rumpa-pa-pum...the new FPV kit, pa-rumpa-pa-pum...our finest kit we send...well, you get the rest.

Jaybird
Old 01-08-2015, 05:15 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Drome-drome-drome-drome....Come, they told me, pa-rumpa-pa-pum...the new FPV kit, pa-rumpa-pa-pum...our finest kit we send...well, you get the rest.

Jaybird
Still got the Christmas spirit, huh... LOL Awesome! Makes me me think of another all time favorite; I'm droming for a white Christmas...
Old 01-09-2015, 07:47 AM
porcia83
Banned

Default It lived to film another day.......just barely

http://<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=5112ad069a3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-09-2015, 07:57 AM
mike1974

That's funny!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:56 PM
HoundDog

Speaking of people doing stupid things it ain't only Quad copter guys. It's pretty anyone with a GO PRO or cell phone today.
https://gopro.com/channel/top-picks/paraglide-rope-swing-with-matthias-giraud?ExactTarget=true&utm_campaign=20150108_vow_Paraglide-rope-swing_row&utm_content=Top_image&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-09-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:53 PM
porcia83
Banned

Default What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2322403

4 threads asking for info...not really saying what he needs it for. What are the chances that civilian aircraft fly in the same area?
Old 01-12-2015, 05:17 AM
Rob2160

That was funny.. I give him credit for saving it - that was a heroic effort.

One problem I see with many of these ready to fly - super smart "dromes" is they require absolutely no flying skills - EXCEPT when the GPS loses its fix - then they require a basic understanding of pilot orientation to be flown home safely.

Anyone who is competent flying an RC plane or CP helicopter could easily fly a multicopter in Self Level mode - but too many newcomers buying these have no concept how to actually fly an RC aircraft.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:04 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Rob2160
That was funny.. I give him credit for saving it - that was a heroic effort.

One problem I see with many of these ready to fly - super smart "dromes" is they require absolutely no flying skills - EXCEPT when the GPS loses its fix - then they require a basic understanding of pilot orientation to be flown home safely.

Anyone who is competent flying an RC plane or CP helicopter could easily fly a multicopter in Self Level mode - but too many newcomers buying these have no concept how to actually fly an RC aircraft.
Rob2160:
How do they handle Quads Drones and R/C in general in Sydney, AUSTRALIA. It's my understanding that in New Zealand the allow Quads and FPV and R/C in general to have there equivalent of our AMA and if with in the confines of an airport towered or not a special license ... but nothing over 400'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.