Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
They could fine hime for flying in restricted airspace and flying an aircraft while intoxicated. No?
Ain't never gona happen He's one of them

Try conspiracy to ban RC They have already done it in National parks why not all parks ? Think about.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:10 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

New law will soon be on the books.....anyone caught flying while under the influence....FUI
Old 01-28-2015, 02:23 PM
tailskid

News flash just in:

FAA NOTAM/TFR has been issued for Glendale, AZ for Super Bowl XLIX, Sunday, 2/1/2015. TFR restrictions are in effect from 3:25p until 11:59p MST for the area surrounding the University of Phoenix Stadium (Latitude: 33º31’39”N, Longitude: 112º15'45"W). Outdoor model aircraft operations are prohibited within the 30nm circle during the specific times of the TFR. Be advised TFRs are subject to change with very short notice. Please check back often for the most current NOTAM/TFR information. Timely alerts are also available on the web at: www.modelaircraft.org/membership/clubs/notams.aspx or on your cell phone at: Twitter.com/amagov.

So I guess we won't be flying on Sunday <grrrrr> you can see how far we are from the SuperBowl....Just below the flag pole....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dome.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	813.1 KB
ID:	2068669  
Old 01-28-2015, 03:59 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by tailskid
News flash just in:

FAA NOTAM/TFR has been issued for Glendale, AZ for Super Bowl XLIX, Sunday, 2/1/2015. TFR restrictions are in effect from 3:25p until 11:59p MST for the area surrounding the University of Phoenix Stadium (Latitude: 33º31’39”N, Longitude: 112º15'45"W). Outdoor model aircraft operations are prohibited within the 30nm circle during the specific times of the TFR. Be advised TFRs are subject to change with very short notice. Please check back often for the most current NOTAM/TFR information. Timely alerts are also available on the web at: www.modelaircraft.org/membership/clubs/notams.aspx or on your cell phone at: Twitter.com/amagov.

So I guess we won't be flying on Sunday <grrrrr> you can see how far we are from the SuperBowl....Just below the flag pole....
tailskid: Stop whining Us old guys are usually on our second nap by 3:25 pm on a Sunday ....
Besides U can come over the East Vally Flyers or the Arizona model aviators and I';ll personally pay your daily fee here .
Old 01-28-2015, 04:02 PM
tailskid

I WAS there last weekend....and even on Saturday.....were you at the AZ Electric Fly-in?

Second nap???? Heck I'm just waking up from the night before (ha ha)
Old 01-28-2015, 07:04 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stop buy from hobby shops mail order places till they stop getting drones to sell any plane or helicoptor will do what a drone will do
Old 01-28-2015, 07:29 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
stop buy from hobby shops mail order places till they stop getting drones to sell any plane or helicoptor will do what a drone will do
Couldn't offer to agree more or less. Good post. I hope the idiots that are buying the dromes read and pay attention...and even guys like JohnGirl too...
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Couldn't offer to agree more or less. Good post. I hope the idiots that are buying the dromes read and pay attention...and even guys like JohnGirl too...
Yes, a boycott, like that's really gonna work.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:30 PM
HoundDog

I WAS there last weekend....and even on Saturday.....were you at the AZ Electric Fly-in?

Second nap???? Heck I'm just waking up from the night before (ha ha)
Security Thursday Friday and Sunday ...
Old 01-28-2015, 08:37 PM
tailskid

Crap! I wanted to talk with you........well thanks for keeping my stuff safe and sound!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:40 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by [email protected]

Then they would quit selling what doesn't sell because of the boycott. But the drone buyers will still be buying, so they would only sell drones. Maybe Hobby People would change their name to Drome World!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:47 AM
HoundDog

Crap! I wanted to talk with you........well thanks for keeping my stuff safe and sound!

Not Night Security Just make sure that people that don't belong in side don't get in ... I like that job cause I get to talk to a lot of people. and as U know every person Used to do this stuff only control line when they were 12. When U explain that the Hobby/Sport has grown from every thin such as free flight fomeys to actual turbines powered planes costing in excess of 10 Grand they just can't believe it. And when explain how easy it is to get into the Hobb today they get a little excited but few follow thru. I had 14 students last winter got 3 this year and one is flying by him self the other 2 have priorties from Golf and tennis to honey do lists that they just don't make RC a priorty. Thhat's OK I got No place to Go and the rest of my life to get there and I like it that way. If the day ends in a "Y" I'm out to the field by 10 am. But then it almost time for Lunch and I don't want to miss a luch. I prefer to instruct in the afternoon anyway less people around. and the wind has usually died.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:13 PM
Smoking Loon

Originally Posted by handyman
as we read each day the problems of dromes is hurting us all......been in the hobby for over 40 yrs and would like to see 50 yrs of enjoyment.......but its got to stop now,people who sell these things and the people who use them.........or better yet who misuse them it needs to stop today....we will all be hurt over a few who dont care and only look at what they want to do.....the clubs should out law these things and the hobby shops who sell them should stop......what is going to happen is someone is gooding kill someone and the FAA will ground all of us.i say we stop it befor it gets to that point........big hobby supplyers should wait up and understand that is going on...lets put a stop to this today befor its to late..............
Do you have any pictures of these dromes?
Old 01-31-2015, 07:04 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by Smoking Loon
Do you have any pictures of these dromes?
Plenty of pictures if you Google...Basically a Drome is slang for liberal homosexuals, male or female, that looks exactly the same walking towards you or walking away from you. They really have no distinguishable front or rear to the untrained eye. The problem stopping them is you can't tell if they are coming or going...Yep, a real problem...
Old 02-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Plenty of pictures if you Google...Basically a Drome is slang for liberal homosexuals, male or female, that looks exactly the same walking towards you or walking away from you. They really have no distinguishable front or rear to the untrained eye. The problem stopping them is you can't tell if they are coming or going...Yep, a real problem...
Drome is a region of France, so he is apparently racist against French from the region of Drome.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:00 AM
littlecrankshaf

Drome is a region of France, so he is apparently racist against French from the region of Drome.
Yep...that's where the term originated as that is where most dromes are from...
Old 02-03-2015, 09:48 AM
N410DC

They could fine him for flying in restricted airspace and flying an aircraft while intoxicated. No?
They can, and I sure hope that they do. I also have no problem with him loosing his job and any security clearances he may have, as a result.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:51 PM
TimJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz19DQ6-eGE

Drones threaten RC Model flying.

Last edited by TimJ; 02-03-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

That guy is a very poor example he has got himself thrown out of the New Zealand Model Organization for his antics. Try searching for Bruce Simpson New Zealand and read the comments. He's quite the character.

Dennis
Old 02-03-2015, 05:10 PM
HoundDog

They could fine him for flying in restricted airspace and flying an aircraft while intoxicated. No?

Originally Posted by N410DC
They can, and I sure hope that they do. I also have no problem with him loosing his job and any security clearances he may have, as a result.
U haven't heard a word in the news and U won't he's with the IN CROWD
he's one of them ... He's got a free get out of jail card ....
Old 02-10-2015, 01:24 PM
N410DC

Originally Posted by HoundDog

U haven't heard a word in the news and U won't he's with the IN CROWD
he's one of them ... He's got a free get out of jail card ....
I have heard nothing further, so you may unfortunately be correct. We'll see. . .
Old 02-10-2015, 03:39 PM
smeckert

You won't hear a thing about him, or anything about charges.
We will hear about the "Drone"(cough cough) that flew into what should be the most secure airspace in the world! It will be one of the bullets in the FAA gun to control who can use the technology, and for what. I can already see "pay to play" will be final result.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:49 AM
littlecrankshaf

The other night I seen one of those TV selling programs like QVC or whatever selling the heck out quad copters... Maybe some of the people here are wrong...if enough people get them, they may become widely accepted and actually give the RC community a more positive outlook...such as parks and public land set aside just for our hobby...I know, wishful thinking but who knows...but one thing is for certain...negativity will breed more negativity and ultimately will be at the expense of what we desire.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:03 PM
franklin_m

Happened again ... LAX

It's not if FAA is forced to come down hard on our hobby, but now I think merely a matter of when.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...safety-debate/
Old 02-11-2015, 02:42 PM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Happened again ... LAX

It's not if FAA is forced to come down hard on our hobby, but now I think merely a matter of when.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...safety-debate/
Pilot: “Hey, there was just one of those radio-controlled helicopter things that went right over the top of us at 4,000.” Controller: “Over the top of you at 4,000. Roger that.”
Pilot: “One of those remotely piloted deals.”
Controller: “Gotcha, a drone.”
Pilot: “Yep, little bitty one … was red in color.”

OK......................................... sure little bitty red one at 4000'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.