Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

time to stop the dromes..........NOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 AM
benjack71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Since we're just speculating , I'd like to speculate that so long as one doesn't give them reason to notice , I doubt the FAA is going to have the drone inspectors hiding in the trees waiting to hand out improper use citations . Guys at club fields and folks where parkflyers are allowed will have no problem . Start causing any kinds of notice from manned aircraft or cause a menace to those on the ground and you can expect a visit now already , this just gives them a catagory into which to place knuckleheads ; Either abuser of hobby technology or abuser of commercial technology . Can ya guess which catagory of abuse will get the higher fines ?
Assuming the LEO's handing out the citations dont take a stance of wow look a AMA flying field, we got everyone in one spot. Sure is alot easier than tracking down the back yard knuckle head. Get the cuffs and ticket books ready. Game on. I really do not trust federal employees to use common sense in any of this.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:11 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since we're just speculating , I'd like to speculate that so long as one doesn't give them reason to notice , I doubt the FAA is going to have the drone inspectors hiding in the trees waiting to hand out improper use citations . Guys at club fields and folks where parkflyers are allowed will have no problem . Start causing any kinds of notice from manned aircraft or cause a menace to those on the ground and you can expect a visit now already , this just gives them a catagory into which to place knuckleheads ; Either abuser of hobby technology or abuser of commercial technology . Can ya guess which catagory of abuse will get the higher fines ?

INIT$FUN U couldn't be more wrong ... U violate one rule of the AMA/CBO u now have to conform to all of the FAR's that all full scale are subject to, not just Drones ... READ and UNDERSTAND what the AMA says about the interpretation of the #336 as part of FAR's INITFORFUN if the NPRM becomes an FAR as is, YOUR FUN IS OVER buddy. Now Every ONE get busy and read the NPRM and what the AMA suggests to wright to the FAA then comment in a respectful intelligent way ... don't forget to spell check your comments.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:48 PM
NorfolkSouthern

Originally Posted by HoundDog

INIT$FUN U couldn't be more wrong ... U violate one rule of the AMA/CBO u now have to conform to all of the FAR's that all full scale are subject to, not just Drones ... READ and UNDERSTAND what the AMA says about the interpretation of the #336 as part of FAR's INITFORFUN if the NPRM becomes an FAR as is, YOUR FUN IS OVER buddy. Now Every ONE get busy and read the NPRM and what the AMA suggests to wright to the FAA then comment in a respectful intelligent way ... don't forget to spell check your comments.
If an operator is doing nothing more than circle flying scale model at a club field, then wouldn't it be a bit hard to break one of the AMA's rules, as long as they don't fly over the shed and stay on the other side of the fence?
Old 03-18-2015, 04:58 PM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
If an operator is doing nothing more than circle flying scale model at a club field, then wouldn't it be a bit hard to break one of the AMA's rules, as long as they don't fly over the shed and stay on the other side of the fence?
Depends, does he have his AMA number somewhere on the model?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
bradpaul

Amazon gets permission from the FAA to fly drones................................
http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=82225
Old 03-19-2015, 04:43 PM
JohnShe

[h=1]Amazon Gets Experimental Airworthiness Certificate[/h]http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=82225

March 19–The Federal Aviation Administration today issued an experimental airworthiness certificate to an Amazon Logistics, Inc. unmanned aircraft (UAS) design that the company will use for research and development and crew training. The FAA typically issues experimental certificates to manufacturers and technology developers to operate a UAS that does not have a type certificate. Under the provisions of the certificate, all flight operations must be conducted at 400 feet or below during daylight hours in visual meteorological conditions. The UAS must always remain within visual line-of-sight of the pilot and observer. The pilot actually flying the aircraft must have at least a private pilot’s certificate and current medical certification.
The certificate also requires Amazon to provide monthly data to the FAA. The company must report the number of flights conducted, pilot duty time per flight, unusual hardware or software malfunctions, any deviations from air traffic controllers’ instructions, and any unintended loss of communication links. The FAA includes these reporting requirements in all UAS experimental airworthiness certificates.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:22 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Amazon Gets Experimental Airworthiness Certificate

March 19–The Federal Aviation Administration today issued an experimental airworthiness certificate to an Amazon Logistics, Inc. unmanned aircraft (UAS) design that the company will use for research and development and crew training. The FAA typically issues experimental certificates to manufacturers and technology developers to operate a UAS that does not have a type certificate. Under the provisions of the certificate, all flight operations must be conducted at 400 feet or below during daylight hours in visual meteorological conditions. The UAS must always remain within visual line-of-sight of the pilot and observer. The pilot actually flying the aircraft must have at least a private pilot’s certificate and current medical certification.
The certificate also requires Amazon to provide monthly data to the FAA. The company must report the number of flights conducted, pilot duty time per flight, unusual hardware or software malfunctions, any deviations from air traffic controllers’ instructions, and any unintended loss of communication links. The FAA includes these reporting requirements in all UAS experimental airworthiness certificates.
The UAS must always remain within visual line-of-sight of the pilot and observer. How do U deliver packages with these restrictions ...
The pilot actually flying the aircraft must have at least a private pilot’s certificate and current medical certification.

A minimum of 40 total hours of flight time 15 from a certified flight instructor. These hours must be a combination emergency procedures radio communications before solo. Then in takes offs landing avigation weather instruction with short and long cross country flight both supervised and solo. Then before taking the flight check ride U must have received instruction from a certified Ground instructor and obtain a certificate that U have obtained this ground instruction and understand same ...pass a written exam Pass an oral and flight test from a designated Flight examiner. Looks like they will just heir a ccomericial pilot or use some one that already has a private pilot certificate.

Till the FAA can be convinced that these QUADS can be safely flown autonomously beyond line of site in all meteorological conditions 24/7 ... They will be USELESS for their intend delivery solutions.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:28 PM
HoundDog

Amazon Gets Experimental Airworthiness Certificate

One problem here an experimentally certificated aircraft, of which a UAS is. can not be used in any commercial endeavor.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

What the **** is a "DROME" ...REDNECK...????
Old 03-20-2015, 10:35 AM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All those package delivery drivers better learn how to fly them. Because the drones WILL REPLACE all trucks as soon as possible. Freight airlines will be shut down with bigger cargo drones.

Modern passenger planes ARE drones. The pilots are just observers. & poorly trained failsafes.

Cheaper cheaper. More profit !!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:39 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by cyclops2
All those package delivery drivers better learn how to fly them. Because the drones WILL REPLACE all trucks as soon as possible. Freight airlines will be shut down with bigger cargo drones.

Modern passenger planes ARE drones. The pilots are just observers. & poorly trained failsafes.

Cheaper cheaper. More profit !!
When was the last time that the NTSB blamed a plane crash on the computer?
Old 03-22-2015, 06:47 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

an airshow crash involving an airbus something or other,
pilot commanded full throttle, and computer overrode the request with fatal results.
might have been at oskosh or some such place.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:01 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by mongo
pilot commanded full throttle, and computer overrode the request with fatal results.
Nope! Pilot error, operation mode confusion. Pilot was demonstrating the brand new A320 at the Paris airshow. He was flying low in landing configuration and failed to Change the mode to climb-out at the end of his dirty low pass fly-by.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:32 PM
HoundDog

U mean this one it was blamed on the computer ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHa3WNerjU
Old 03-23-2015, 04:32 AM
cyclops2

So the friggin airline had a computer that said .

Screw you jerk offs ! I will delibertly crash the plane. Arrogant ****s who bought a plane that WILL KILL YOU..........NOT PROTECT YOU.........Typical big business attitude. Pilot is always wrong !! Company death trap will NOT save the people or plane !! Piloted by good / excellent pilots.
The PURPOSE of the computer is to increase profits.

Can we find out when we order a ticket, what type of plane is scheduled to be used ?

Murderous scumbums.

My opinion of Airbus planes.

Why do we even try to discuss improvements to any company / product ????? They know everything already.

Last edited by cyclops2; 03-23-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:50 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Screw you jerk offs ! I will delibertly crash the plane. Arrogant ****s who bought a plane that WILL KILL YOU..........NOT PROTECT YOU.........Typical big business attitude. Pilot is always wrong !! Company death trap will NOT save the people or plane !! Piloted by good / excellent pilots.

Can we find out when we order a ticket, what type of plane is scheduled to be used ?

Murderous scumbums.

Why do we even try to discuss improvements to any company / product ????? They know everything already.
Well that's just a little peak into our future. This thing I am typing on right now is another... Man is creating the beast as we speak.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:04 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Murderous scumbums.

every time I have booked a flight it printed out on the booking confirmation what type of plane that will be scheduled for the flight, Of course that could change
before the flight. IMO nothing wrong with Airbus planes there are many in service around the world on a daily basis but the issue seems to be poorly trained
pilots.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:24 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by ira d
every time I have booked a flight it printed out on the booking confirmation what type of plane that will be scheduled for the flight, Of course that could change
before the flight. IMO nothing wrong with Airbus planes there are many in service around the world on a daily basis but the issue seems to be poorly trained
pilots.
Got a good friend he's a captain for UPS after that last crash @
[TABLE="class: infobox vcard vevent, width: 22"]
[TR]
[TD]Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

HeTransferred to another type because of what he found out about the AirBuss He won't say but he was out of the Air Bussand flying another type Boeing 7 something in less than a week after that accident. He's now doing a lot more international flights and home a lot less but he seems more satisfied with Life. Just a fact of life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acciden...us_A320_family

http://www.airsafe.com/events/models/a320.htm

http://www.airsafe.com/events/models/airbus.htm
Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

New pilots showing off the new Airbus A320. Procedure is to press the "TO/GO" button on the side of the throttle levers but they just shoved them to full throttle, or so they thought as the Airbus FBWTS system only has five positions for the throttles, Reverse, Idle, A/Thr, FLX T.O. MCT and T.O / G.A. Placing the throttle in the T.O/G.A. detent position does NOT put the aircraft in Go Around mode put pressing the TO/GA button on the side of the throttles will place it in Go Around mode when the throttles are placed in the T.O/G.A detent position on the throttle quadrant. This keeps from going to T.O/G.A. if the throttles levers happen to get moved accidentally during flight. Flight crew retraining for this and other slight variations from other aircraft was performed after this incident.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:34 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by ramboamt
New pilots showing off the new Airbus A320. Procedure is to press the "TO/GO" button on the side of the throttle levers but they just shoved them to full throttle, or so they thought as the Airbus FBWTS system only has five positions for the throttles, Reverse, Idle, A/Thr, FLX T.O. MCT and T.O / G.A. Placing the throttle in the T.O/G.A. detent position does NOT put the aircraft in Go Around mode put pressing the TO/GA button on the side of the throttles will place it in Go Around mode when the throttles are placed in the T.O/G.A detent position on the throttle quadrant. This keeps from going to T.O/G.A. if the throttles levers happen to get moved accidentally during flight. Flight crew retraining for this and other slight variations from other aircraft was performed after this incident.
Sounds pretty damn stupid if you ask me...but what the heck I am just a simple no nonsense type of person.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:44 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by ira d
pilots.
Won't do you much good, almost all new commercial aircraft are fly-by-wire. The A320 failure was a poor man-machine interface design that caused the pilot error. There are still problems, a recent 777 crash was also pilot error caused by poor man-machine interface design. The pilot is still in charge and still operating the aircraft, but the designers can still kill him (or her), not to mention the passengers.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:02 AM
cyclops2

" We need someone in the passenger group to be talked down to a landing. You must have prior experience operating a jerkoff throttle control designed by a pushbutton freak in Kansas during a hurricane that killed his dog Toto. "
Old 03-23-2015, 02:07 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Won't do you much good, almost all new commercial aircraft are fly-by-wire. The A320 failure was a poor man-machine interface design that caused the pilot error. There are still problems, a recent 777 crash was also pilot error caused by poor man-machine interface design. The pilot is still in charge and still operating the aircraft, but the designers can still kill him (or her), not to mention the passengers.
I missed your point, What is it that won't do me much good?
Old 03-23-2015, 02:39 PM
cyclops2

The military are almost all computer controlled & fly by wire. US Navy stuff can do a fully automatic , perfect landing if the pilot is unconscious . Their computers do not say. " Bad pilot. Crash the plane. "

Why would any insurance company insure a computer controlled A 380? Or any plane with a computer designed tho crash a plane if crew forgets or is untrained ?

STUPID & premediated murder by the computer company.................PRIME DIRECTIVE should be to NOT allow any damage to the plane / people in it.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:41 PM
cyclops2

The military are almost all computer controlled & fly by wire. US Navy stuff can do a fully automatic , perfect landing if the pilot is unconscious . Their computers do not say. " Bad pilot. Crash the plane. "

Why would any insurance company insure a computer controlled A 380?  Or any plane with a computer designed tho crash a plane if crew forgets or is untrained ? 

STUPID & premediated murder by the computer company.................PRIME DIRECTIVE should be to NOT allow any damage to the plane / people in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.