Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA enrolls State, and local Law enforcement to curb UAS, and model aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA enrolls State, and local Law enforcement to curb UAS, and model aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:54 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk
How the hell did this thread devolve to this current off topic, has nothing to do with FAA discussion ???

Frank

Just wondering
I think the original topic is pretty much beat to death. There was nothing else to talk about.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:57 AM
bradpaul

Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk
How the hell did this thread devolve to this current off topic, has nothing to do with FAA discussion ???

Frank

Just wondering
Frank the subject of this thread is: FAA enrolls State, and local Law enforcement to curb UAS, and model aircraft?

A discussion concerning abuse of power by law enforcement is on topic.

It is undoubtedly controversial, but considering that the FAA is enlisting law enforcement to report on citizens flying toy aircraft it is very relevant to review just how government law enforcement has performed and the abuses that have happened.

Brad
Old 01-27-2015, 06:25 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ya don't do nuthing wrong...ya won't get caught. Simple really.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:15 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

thinking back on both the ruby ridge incident, as well as the davidian fiasco, maybe we we are better off with the FAA relying on local LEOs to monitor and enforce things...
Old 01-27-2015, 06:42 PM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by mongo
thinking back on both the ruby ridge incident, as well as the davidian fiasco, maybe we we are better off with the FAA relying on local LEOs to monitor and enforce things...
Ha, Ha! Isn't that how this whole thread started?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by JohnShe
Well, I suppose that the transactions were legal, but they were building an unregulated militia led by a whack-0. That would make me nervous.

If you recall, the second amendment speaks of "well regulated militias".
There are well regulated back then meant to have a large number of militia, it did not mean what it means today. And having a private militia is not against the law. There are many with training grounds and storage buildings full of guns, and the Feds are not after them. However, many, especially those that are racis,t are being watched and when they have found to break the law the Feds go after them. In this case I think that it started when some Fed wanted to inspect their grounds and the Davidians refused, and someone in the government screwed up and went overboard.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:44 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
There are well regulated back then meant to have a large number of militia, it did not mean what it means today. And having a private militia is not against the law. There are many with training grounds and storage buildings full of guns, and the Feds are not after them. However, many, especially those that are racis,t are being watched and when they have found to break the law the Feds go after them. In this case I think that it started when some Fed wanted to inspect their grounds and the Davidians refused, and someone in the government screwed up and went overboard.
The story is indeed complicated and full of confusion. So I can't say for certain what anyone was thinking, since I can't read minds. But the constitution is clear. It calls for a "Well Regulated Milita" and gives all citizens the right to join the militia. That has not changed. Private militias may or may not be against the law, I can't say, because I am not a lawyer. But, they are dangerous and unnecessary. I expect my government to look into all caches of weapons to be certain that they are not planning terror campaigns. Responsible citizens should be pleased to go along with this.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:03 AM
bradpaul

The story is indeed complicated and full of confusion. So I can't say for certain what anyone was thinking, since I can't read minds. But the constitution is clear. It calls for a "Well Regulated Milita" and gives all citizens the right to join the militia. That has not changed. Private militias may or may not be against the law, I can't say, because I am not a lawyer. But, they are dangerous and unnecessary. I expect my government to look into all caches of weapons to be certain that they are not planning terror campaigns. Responsible citizens should be pleased to go along with this.
[h=3]US CODE Title 10 › Subtitle A › Part I › Chapter 13 › § 311 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

So militias are legal, however states can restrict what activities a militia may engage in.[/h]
Old 01-28-2015, 10:41 AM
JohnShe

Originally Posted by bradpaul
US CODE Title 10 › Subtitle A › Part I › Chapter 13 › § 311 - Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

So militias are legal, however states can restrict what activities a militia may engage in.

Well, it definitely recognizes the National Guard as a national regulated militia of the united sates, so the Guard is legal. I don't think it legalizes unorganized militias as "legal", but, since I am not a lawyer, I can't be sure.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Sport_Pilot

Militia in english dictionary means any army raised from a civilian population to fight a regular army.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...nglish/militia

The primary meaning for regulate is that there is control, not that it is ruled. As in the speed of a clock is regulated. Back in 1776 it also would mean to ensure that it is regulated to be a large militia. So if everybody has a gun, it is easy to raise a large militia.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...chDictCode=all

You have to consider that the founders, at least in the beginning, faught the British with the guns from their homes. And they wanted that possibility for their decendants.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Sport_Pilot

The public should make Seatle politicians sleepless! In Seatle. By dumping their garbage into the Mayor's yard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing..._Columbia_ADIZ
Old 01-28-2015, 01:22 PM
JohnShe

Militia in english dictionary means any army raised from a civilian population to fight a regular army.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...nglish/militia

The primary meaning for regulate is that there is control, not that it is ruled. As in the speed of a clock is regulated. Back in 1776 it also would mean to ensure that it is regulated to be a large militia. So if everybody has a gun, it is easy to raise a large militia.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...chDictCode=all

You have to consider that the founders, at least in the beginning, faught the British with the guns from their homes. And they wanted that possibility for their decendants.
That is amusing reasoning and not at all correct. A well regulated militia, at the time, would have been fully under the command of the state governor. All militia members would have been issued their arms by the governor. There were and still are state and federal managed armories for this purpose. In time of declared war, the state militias would be mustered and assigned to federal government command. The citizens of the US were given the right, as stated in the second amendment, to bear arms against the nations enemies.

As far as using their own weapons early on in the revolt, that is correct. But, as the revolutionary army was organized and equipped, they were issued standard muskets that were provided by the continental congress.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Sport_Pilot

at the time, would have been fully under the command of the state governor.
No, and it still isn't so. The milita is all able bodied men! Only the organized militia is under control. In fact many states did not have any organized militia at all for some time. But they did have a well regulated milita, in that they had measure to ensure sufficient militia.

Here are quotes of usage examples from the Oxford dictionary through the times.
1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."
1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."
1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."
1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."
1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."
1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to everywell-regulated American embryo city."
Old 01-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Sport_Pilot

. The citizens of the US were given the right, as stated in the second amendment, to bear arms against the nations enemies.
They were also given the right to rise up against the nation.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:29 PM
JohnShe

No, and it still isn't so. The milita is all able bodied men! Only the organized militia is under control. In fact many states did not have any organized militia at all for some time. But they did have a well regulated milita, in that they had measure to ensure sufficient militia.

Here are quotes of usage examples from the Oxford dictionary through the times.
1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."
1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."
1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."
1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."
1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."
1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to everywell-regulated American embryo city."
Wow! You are sadly misinformed.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:32 PM
JohnShe

They were also given the right to rise up against the nation.
We fought a war over that and the traitorous uprising was crushed.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:58 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

This has been done before...not very original guys... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjC...CqjzbvJY#t=363
Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 AM
Sport_Pilot

Missinformed? Those are actual quotes from the Oxford dictionary. Presently a regulator can either be a government beurecrat, or a device to ensure that there is sufficient flow of gas or electricity. Back then it meant the latter.

But you know it is moot. SCOTUS said the meaning really doesn't matter because it only explains the necessity of the following. They said it is ok to ban certain weapons such as sawed off shotguns, hand granades, nuclear bombs and such, but the government cannot ban guns.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 01-30-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:02 AM
Sport_Pilot

We fought a war over that and the traitorous uprising was crushed.
That was whole states where the ruling class did not want to give up their privilaged life style. The large plantation owners were very well off. There have also been many smaller uprisings that failed Patton put down one in the 30's. But the American Revolution was started by low class citizens who did not like the tax's, then later the brutish way the British tried to control them. If they had lost they would have been hung as traitors. And many were. And we would be second class citizens bowing to the Queen and Govenor Obama.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 AM
JohnShe

Missinformed? Those are actual quotes from the Oxford dictionary. Presently a regulator can either be a government beurecrat, or a device to ensure that there is sufficient flow of gas or electricity. Back then it meant the latter.

But you know it is moot. SCOTUS said the meaning really doesn't matter because it only explains the necessity of the following. They said it is ok to ban certain weapons such as sawed off shotguns, hand granades, nuclear bombs and such, but the government cannot ban guns.
Maybe, but the definitions are utterly irrelevant to the situation.

Here is an excellent explanation of what a "well regulated Militia" means.

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/20...ly-did-it-mean
Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 AM
JohnShe

That was whole states where the ruling class did not want to give up their privilaged life style. The large plantation owners were very well off. There have also been many smaller uprisings that failed Patton put down one in the 30's. But the American Revolution was started by low class citizens who did not like the tax's, then later the brutish way the British tried to control them. If they had lost they would have been hung as traitors. And many were. And we would be second class citizens bowing to the Queen and Govenor Obama.

The civil war was a rebellion of misinformed and misled merchants and farmers led by a landed aristocracy. It was an attempt o overthrow the lawful government of the united states. If you check closely, you will find that both the Northern and Southern armies were filled in with well regulated state militia units.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Sport_Pilot

The civil war was a rebellion of misinformed and misled merchants and farmers led by a landed aristocracy. It was an attempt o overthrow the lawful government of the united states. If you check closely, you will find that both the Northern and Southern armies were filled in with well regulated state militia units.
Most of those misled people were fighting because the Yankee's were invading. That's all many knew. My ancestors did not join up till after there was an invasion in their home state. The American Revolution was a sucessful attempt to overthrow a lawfull British government.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Sport_Pilot

Maybe, but the definitions are utterly irrelevant to the situation.

Here is an excellent explanation of what a "well regulated Militia" means.

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/20...ly-did-it-mean
Well he is obviously wrong because he said this:

Unfortunately, many of those who interpret the 2nd amendment from an Originalist viewpoint (especially gun rights advocates who think the 2nd amendment gives them an unfettered right to own and carry firearms of almost any type), apparently want the best of all possible worlds:

Well the Supreme court said that this was wrong and they should have the unfettered right to own and carry firearms. That is why many states and cities are getting rid of their gun bans and loosening up restrictions on concealed carry.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:11 AM
JohnShe

Most of those misled people were fighting because the Yankee's were invading. That's all many knew. My ancestors did not join up till after there was an invasion in their home state. The American Revolution was a successful attempt to overthrow a lawful British government.

Ha! Ha! What invasion?
Old 01-30-2015, 09:19 AM
JohnShe

Well the Supreme court said that this was wrong and they should have the unfettered right to own and carry firearms. That is why many states and cities are getting rid of their gun bans and loosening up restrictions on concealed carry.
Right! With disastrous results. Count the number of mass murders, individual murders, suicides ... the list goes on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.