Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

"Drone" at the White House

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

"Drone" at the White House

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:23 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The bottom line is, these technologies that we get excited about, could very well be the death nail, if we are not all vigilant, regardless of the discipline we are interested in. As far as I know, 2 states have had bills put forth in the legislatures out right banning model aviation. One was right here in Colorado, yes, the "stick"s, "flyover country". The other was in New York. Thankfully in CO we got the bill changed. Not sure about New York.
If your state makes it illegal, none of these discussions will matter. You will just have to move.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:28 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by tevans55
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency employee.....I'm sorry, isn't "Government Intelligence" the original Oxymoron?
"Giant shrimp"
Old 01-27-2015, 06:30 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
The bottom line is, these technologies that we get excited about, could very well be the death nail, if we are not all vigilant, regardless of the discipline we are interested in. As far as I know, 2 states have had bills put forth in the legislatures out right banning model aviation. One was right here in Colorado, yes, the "stick"s, "flyover country". The other was in New York. Thankfully in CO we got the bill changed. Not sure about New York.
If your state makes it illegal, none of these discussions will matter. You will just have to move.

The rest of the world has learned to live with them it the Idiots in the Government and the news media that are the real problem. Nitwits or those looking to further their careers by jumping a venue that really means nothing other than it's the hot topic of the day.
That's the real danger ... just like LGBT it will mean nothing with in a short time.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:33 PM
vertical grimmace

The news media will exaggerate us into tyranny. They need over the top drama to stay in business. Look at how they report the weather. You would think the world was ending most times. "If it bleeds, it leads".
Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

not that it is very important, but, it appears that he has his answer about this particular brand of multi/controller. it does NOT fly/control itself very well in bad weather conditions.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:49 PM
HoundDog

The news media will exaggerate us into tyranny. They need over the top drama to stay in business. Look at how they report the weather. You would think the world was ending most times. "If it bleeds, it leads".
Till the next unfortunate thing comes along ... may the patriots will be accused of messing with their cheerleaders of maybe the Sa Hawks cheerleaders of mascot. Who knows.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:57 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks to the MSM, now it's not just a drone....It's a SPY drone! Way to go CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/27/politi...ice/index.html
Old 01-27-2015, 08:12 PM
NorfolkSouthern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out:

President Barack Obama said in an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria in India on Tuesday morning that the United States needs to regulate the industry as the recreational and commercial use of drones expands.
So, how does he anticipate regulating it? Looks to me like he would have to nullify Section 336 first.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:38 PM
HoundDog

Check this out:

President Barack Obama said in an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria in India on Tuesday morning that the United States needs to regulate the industry as the recreational and commercial use of drones expands.

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
Check this out:

So, how does he anticipate regulating it? Looks to me like he would have to nullify Section 336 first.

not to get Political but don't these guys want to regulate every thing like Light blubs, toilets, beer and next tolite paper right after toy (drones) Quads
Old 01-27-2015, 09:07 PM
vertical grimmace

I am sure Radio Shack will appreciate he plug.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:53 AM
BUDMAN27

Tinkerbell needs a new set of wings
Old 01-28-2015, 04:36 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrong... the Wash DC FRZ is not 30 miles in diameter. Suggest you visit the FAA website to see for yourself. Even a simple Google query would reveal your error.

Originally Posted by radfordc
The restrictions are already in place! You can't fly any type of plane or model within 30 miles of the White House...it's against the law. But, law breakers don't obey laws. What to do? Make more laws so law breakers can break them too?

You can't fix stupid!!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:13 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by cloudancer03
Likely not meant to end up there but it raises concern for both sides.suppose one flies into an area where there is a nuclear plant.until now it has been quiet but this will raise eyebrows for sure.none of this is good karma for the rc hobby as a whole.as I have said before the rogues out there are doing their best to ruin the rc hobby.I see one hover over me I will do whatever I can to knock it down.

You are not going to do any damage to a nuclear plant with a drone. I doubt you could take down the containment vessel with a Simi Truck full of explosives. So this worry is nothing but silly.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:24 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by on_your_six
Wrong... the Wash DC FRZ is not 30 miles in diameter. Suggest you visit the FAA website to see for yourself. Even a simple Google query would reveal your error.
?? How is he wrong??

From the DC FRZ;
Airspace Definition:
Center: WASHINGTON VOR/DME(DCA) (Latitude: 38º51'34"N, Longitude: 77º02'11"W)
Radius: 30 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to but not including 18000 feet MSL

Frank
Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by HoundDog

The rest of the world has learned to live with them it the Idiots in the Government and the news media that are the real problem. Nitwits or those looking to further their careers by jumping a venue that really means nothing other than it's the hot topic of the day.
That's the real danger ... just like LGBT it will mean nothing with in a short time.
Very true. Look at what they did to deflated footballs. Talk about an overblown story! Both sides played with those balls and Luck did not complain. The deflated balls made it easier to handle for both teams.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:31 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
You are not going to do any damage to a nuclear plant with a drone. I doubt you could take down the containment vessel with a Simi Truck full of explosives. So this worry is nothing but silly.
So in there lies the problem. The ones that worry about this, are the ones that are silly. Other than that what does anyone in any office of any government know of our Hobby. They just see it as the band wagon, That goes no where. A couple of years from now it will be a moot point ... Does anyone remember the guy the Feds Bank rolled and encouraged to use RC Jets to carry explosives ... They are just grand standing and not do their real duty. Even that might be a blessing in discuise.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:33 AM
Sport_Pilot

I am sure Radio Shack will appreciate he plug.
RS maybe gone soon. Bankrupt.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by BUDMAN27
Tinkerbell needs a new set of wings
Did you cut off her wings? Peter Pan will be after you!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:36 AM
Sport_Pilot

Yeah I googled it it said it extends 15 miles which doubled is 30 mile diameter. Just a short math lesson.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:37 AM
Sport_Pilot

Yeah I googled it it said it extends 15 miles which doubled is 30 mile diameter. Just a short math lesson.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:55 AM
phlpsfrnk

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
The DC FRZ radius is stated as 30nm Which means the diameter is 60nm.

Basic geometry.

Frank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3595454_f260.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	2068554  
Old 01-28-2015, 06:39 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep its the nuts reporting it and the government trying to police it and no blame for the drunken nut flying his toy on government land at 3 am in the morning . Geeze !
Old 01-28-2015, 07:17 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by joebahl
Yep its the nuts reporting it and the government trying to police it and no blame for the drunken nut flying his toy on government land at 3 am in the morning . Geeze !
Now Your getting the idea nothing will happen to this guy funny they even said something about it ....
UNLESS . Na couldn't be not even worth going there. Maybe they did it on purpose just to stir the pot.
What better time than O'B was gone. Na that would be just another conspiracy theory.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:23 AM
bradpaul

The problem is not drones, multi-rotors, FPV, aerial photography, it is a culture that is so influenced by media fear tactics that we have become largely a population of ignorant morons.

Some want to ban a type of model aircraft but have a difficult time trying to define that type of aircraft so the catch all term “drones” is used. So what is a drone?

• Is it any remote controlled vehicle that flies in the air?
  • Is it any vehicle that can fly autonomously in the air?
  • Is it any multi-rotor helicopter?
  • Is it any vehicle that uses FPV?

Like the failed attempt by the government to ban “assault weapons” the use of simplistic product features to define the controlled product will be offset by the innovation of companies to get around the ban.

Now the uninformed population will say it is easy to define a “drone” or an “assault weapon” they are just things that scare me.

The media feeds on fear. “Stay tuned to channel X news to see how to survive the upcoming blizzard, hurricane, tornado, ISIS, terrorist attack, shark attack, rash of home invasions, increase in attacks, militias with guns, (insert anything scary here)”

Fear drives the desire for control over a increasingly un educated population. A reporter recently asked a question to people in San Diego, “The president has proposed to congress that the Bill of Rights be repealed in order to be able to stop terrorist attacks like the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris, would you be for the repeal of the Bill of Rights?”

http://www.infowars.com/video-americ...ill-of-rights/

The vast majority thought it was a good idea.

The government depends on an un educated scared population to gain more and more power and control over everything we do.

A few well known quotations are relevant:

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

- Benjamin Franklin

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

- Martin Niemoller

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

-George Santayana

Brad

Last edited by bradpaul; 01-28-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:04 AM
Sport_Pilot

Actually I don't think the public reacts that much to the fear tactics. But politicians seem to take it to heart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.