Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:50 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Yeah, but it's kinda like sport. One can always count on him to find some way to twist language to make AMA the most perfect organization ever to grace the face of the earth. So much so that in his world we should probably bow to their greatness, genuflect any time one of the EC walks by, etc.

However, I tend to view the organization though pragmatic eyes. Probably a bunch of nice guys who try hard, but that doesn't mean they're infallible, nor does it mean they're particularly effective. Current registration issue a case in point, lawsuit against FAA another.
I tend to share your views, but not your trying to get them across to lawn ornaments. Don't feed them, they tend to go tango uniform. Like that picture?
Old 11-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Never said that. My point is that despite all their statements about the importance of adding flying fields (and not losing ones they had), their actions don't always match the rhetoric.

In the end, because of their unwillingness to be flexible, not only did AMA lose a field, a club ceased to exist.
Your words, not mine.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

No, but then again on another issue when I did submit the request in writing and heard nothing in response you said I should have called and talked to them personally. Ironically that's what I did in this case, talked to the flying site guy himself. He gave me a flat "no way" if it wasn't open to all AMA members. I asked if I could submit it anyway, his response was something to the effect that "You can, but it's a waste of time, the answer will be no."
Pretty much what I thought...you never even submitted an official application....
Old 11-22-2015, 02:53 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
I tend to share your views, but not your trying to get them across to lawn ornaments. Don't feed them, they tend to go tango uniform. Like that picture?
The beauty of watching this is seeing that no matter how hard the troll tries, he cannot exhaust the intelligent answers that keep coming back at him.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:54 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good comparison .... the lawn ornament
Old 11-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by TheEdge
The beauty of watching this is seeing that no matter how hard the troll tries, he cannot exhaust the intelligent answers that keep coming back at him.
Oh yes, not submitting an application and complaining your request was denied. Very intelligent indeed.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:10 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Good comparison .... the lawn ornament
Ironically, whenever you provoke or challenge the "AMA Hivemind Collective"...isn't it always the DRONES who are genetically preprogrammed to rush out to defend their Honey Hole no matter what the issue is...?
Old 11-22-2015, 03:10 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Oh yes, not submitting an application and complaining your request was denied. Very intelligent indeed.
When I submitted in writing, you said I should have called; when I called, you're saying I should have submitted in writing. Very schizophrenic indeed.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:16 PM
combatpigg

When I submitted in writing, you said I should have called; when I called, you're saying I should have submitted in writing. Very schizophrenic indeed.
What do you expect on a Sunday from a guy who is only getting paid to troll from Monday through Saturday....?
Old 11-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

No, I asked if you followed-up on your email with a phone call. Resorting to name calling and personal attacks in hopes of peer recognition and sweat cred? Classic.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:07 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Ironically, whenever you provoke or challenge the "AMA Hivemind Collective"...isn't it always the DRONES who are genetically preprogrammed to rush out to defend their Honey Hole no matter what the issue is...?
Yeah, rumor has it that three times a day on an even hour, they have to face Muncie and flap their arms like they're flying.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I figure it this way. The yearly increase in dues sucks. About the same cost of a 175 ml bottle of Early Times. Both of which I'm not going to give up. So crap, I'll just hold back on the next foamie that looks cool (B17?). I still have plenty of arf's or kits to complete, I'm not hurting. I do like my Early Times.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:36 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Is it becoming clear yet that you are just feeding a troll?
Interesting to note that folks who normally roll out the "troll" comments are usually themselves engaging in the same activity the accuse others of. And why...because they dare to go against the same "hive" mentality that the majority of folks have in a thread. Classic, and classy. Between troll and lawn ornament...very adult. The fact is there is a select group who routinely attack because they lack the skills to discuss topics like an adult, or in some cases, maybe even a teenager. Why again? Oh yes, because they wont jump on a bandwagon and vilify the AMA. I haven't seen anyone glorify the AMA in here either, but I get the fact that in order to be part of the pack, one has to either say nothing, or agree that the AMA sucks. Black or white, good or bad.

In this case as it turns out Franklin didn't do everything he could of to try to get some seed money for his club. It took how many posts and pages to find that out? And for the most part he handled it in an adult manner, until his buds came to his defense with name calling etc, at that point he had to join in. Must feel great, a proud moment. If only the same amount of energy and tenacity had been channeled to submitting a grant request the proper way. For a guy who is so hellbent on rules and regs and protocols, to not follow that simple one is amazing. It was a legimate issue to challenge and question him on, and you'll note it wasn't done with name calling.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:44 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by porcia83
Interesting to note that folks who normally roll out the "troll" comments are usually themselves engaging in the same activity the accuse others of. And why...because they dare to go against the same "hive" mentality that the majority of folks have in a thread. Classic, and classy. Between troll and lawn ornament...very adult. The fact is there is a select group who routinely attack because they lack the skills to discuss topics like an adult, or in some cases, maybe even a teenager. Why again? Oh yes, because they wont jump on a bandwagon and vilify the AMA. I haven't seen anyone glorify the AMA in here either, but I get the fact that in order to be part of the pack, one has to either say nothing, or agree that the AMA sucks. Black or white, good or bad.

In this case as it turns out Franklin didn't do everything he could of to try to get some seed money for his club. It took how many posts and pages to find that out? And for the most part he handled it in an adult manner, until his buds came to his defense with name calling etc, at that point he had to join in. Must feel great, a proud moment. If only the same amount of energy and tenacity had been channeled to submitting a grant request the proper way. For a guy who is so hellbent on rules and regs and protocols, to not follow that simple one is amazing. It was a legimate issue to challenge and question him on, and you'll note it wasn't done with name calling.
Well done...!
You almost made it through an entire rebuttal without telling an outright lie....!
Old 11-22-2015, 05:47 PM
porcia83
Banned

I wish you nothing but the best my friend, hopefully 2016 will bring less anger and grief or rage or whatever it is that is eating at you so very badly. As Ringo Star loves to say, Peace and Love Peace and Love!
Old 11-22-2015, 06:09 PM
porcia83
Banned

What is with you, you're degenerating into the lowest common denominator here. At the end of the day you know you didn't do all you could have done to go after the grant. Your story started with generic information, and never got that specific until you were challenged on the details. I get your displeasure at the AMA for all the wrongs you feel they have done you, but do you own any of it at all? Do you think your approach to any of this could have been different? You fill out the paperwork and submit it. You look for a local advocate to help in the effort, like maybe a AVP or VP. You call if needed, follow up, and if denied, ask why. I can't envision you being a shrinking violet...you know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Admittedly it might have been more difficult given the base, and the DOD involvement but still.....c'mon.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

oh, we need to sit down together with some Early Times and just "chill".
Old 11-22-2015, 06:36 PM
combatpigg

I wish you nothing but the best my friend, hopefully 2016 will bring less anger and grief or rage or whatever it is that is eating at you so very badly. As Ringo Star loves to say, Peace and Love Peace and Love!
When all else fails, he goes into "Dr. Phil Mode"....lol.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

What is with you, you're degenerating into the lowest common denominator here. At the end of the day you know you didn't do all you could have done to go after the grant. Your story started with generic information, and never got that specific until you were challenged on the details. I get your displeasure at the AMA for all the wrongs you feel they have done you, but do you own any of it at all? Do you think your approach to any of this could have been different? You fill out the paperwork and submit it. You look for a local advocate to help in the effort, like maybe a AVP or VP. You call if needed, follow up, and if denied, ask why. I can't envision you being a shrinking violet...you know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Admittedly it might have been more difficult given the base, and the DOD involvement but still.....c'mon.
Well said. You'd think someone with an extensive military background would completely understand, respect, and appreciate the need for following proper procedures in order to get things done. They would also have extensive hands-on experience completing paperwork. That clearly didn't happen here.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Sport_Pilot

You clearly don't understand crop dusting and the extent to which it happens on large (1,000 acres plus) farms in parts of country. Even when they're transiting, they stayed below 500' so as to not conflict with high speed jet traffic coming into / departing the military airspace. As for people in the club unwilling to contact landowners, that's pure conjecture on your part and just plain wrong as well. We contacted every major land owner within 20 miles...either they were not willing to give up money making farm land, unwilling to risk wayward models crashing into their dairy stockyards, or if they had land that wasn't used for farming, they were unwilling to assume the risk of conflict with the crop dusters. Even when we offered the world renown AMA site owner's insurance, they were unimpressed. One said "I might consider it if the liability limit was ten times that, but what you're showing me is nothing compared to the value of my business - which they could go after once the liability limit is breached...I'm not willing to risk it."
Crop dusters are supposed to obtain a wiaver for there operation and they are supposed give public notice of the intended operation. Also they are not supposed to fly from field to field below minimum altitudes unless it is mentioned in the waiver.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:50 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by combatpigg
When all else fails, he goes into "Dr. Phil Mode"....lol.
Sure is better than attack mode isn't it? But I'm at least glad to see you got a lol out of it. Progress!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:02 AM
rcmiket

Your AMA is in effect 24/7 too...no matter where you fly. And all for $75.00.....such a deal !!
We were discussing the Muncie site and my use. So I am paying a fee just that simple. AMA insurance is not the same as my Homeowners,Car,health or any other kind of insurance I have it's SECONDARY. All the rest are PRIMARY.

Thanks Anyay
Mike
Old 11-23-2015, 06:20 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
We were discussing the Muncie site and my use. So I am paying a fee just that simple. AMA insurance is not the same as my Homeowners,Car,health or any other kind of insurance I have it's SECONDARY.

All the rest are PRIMARY.

Thanks Anyay
Mike
Insurance is insurance. Coverage is specified in the policy.

As such, you're paying the SECONDARY rate for SECONDARY insurance. Have you priced the same coverage the AMA plan offers for primary coverage?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:25 AM
rcmiket

This will give you something to do.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RTFARCFinalReport_11-21-15.pdf (327.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 11-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
This will give you something to do.

Mike
Why not dot it yourself and learn something on your own? Isn't getting something directly from the source better than third party hearsay from a public Internet forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.