Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FPV and Narcissism??

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FPV and Narcissism??

Old 04-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are a member then you should complain to an officer of the club, especially the safety officer. If you are an officer of the club, then tell him to leave the field and do not return till he plans on following the rules. If he won't leave call the cops as the member is now trespassing and the cops will fine him for that and physically take him off the property. They may even have their own rules about FPV and UAV's in general.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:54 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sport Pilot When this conflict first began in '13 I WAS the club president. When I pointed out to the lead individual, as president, as an AMA CD and as a retired USAF systems and ground safety officer that he was breaking the rules and was a threat to the club, as previously stated i was publicly called an &)(*)hole and he and his buds called for my resignation as president.

Again, normal reactions are not the norm here. I'm biding my time, I have my cell phone on video all the time I'm at the field. I'm just watching the rope play out.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:17 PM
Sport_Pilot

I don't understand the rope. Tell them to leave, if they don't call the cops!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:27 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is it about OKC? Has the "Street Outlaws" gang taken up FPV since they had their butts handed to them in the season finale...?????
Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 PM
MajorTomski

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I don't understand the rope. Tell them to leave, if they don't call the cops!

Evidence, Sport Pilot, hard undeniable video evidence of multiple transgressions. I'll just let them hang themselves.

Last edited by MajorTomski; 04-24-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by bradpaul
What is it about OKC? Has the "Street Outlaws" gang taken up FPV since they had their butts handed to them in the season finale...?????
Believe it our not, but they are not breaking the law when they do that show. The liability of hurting somebody would be too great. They are either using roads at an industrial park with owners permission, or they have permission from a city with police blocking off roads. Way back when I street raced almost nobody had helmets and parachutes, even on a few cars that were fast enough to use chutes. Maybe that has changed now, I don't know. I did catch an ambulance sitting way back almost out of sight in one scene, I suspect it was an editing mistake.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
Evidence, Sport Pilot, hard undeniable video evidence of multiple transgressions. I'll just let them hang themselves.
I don't understand why you would wait for them to do it again, but that is your call.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:58 AM
MajorTomski

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I don't understand why you would wait for them to do it again, but that is your call.
Because they will deny it ever happened. The main protagonist has posted a video showing that his FPV drone over a third of a mile away from the pilot stations and below the local tree line. His answer was he was following AMA FPV guidelines and that he had a spotter. With out video's of him actually breaking the rules, he will just deny his way out of any accusations.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:14 AM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
Because they will deny it ever happened. The main protagonist has posted a video showing that his FPV drone over a third of a mile away from the pilot stations and below the local tree line. His answer was he was following AMA FPV guidelines and that he had a spotter. With out video's of him actually breaking the rules, he will just deny his way out of any accusations.
What AMA rules were violated?
Old 04-26-2015, 01:55 PM
MajorTomski

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
What AMA rules were violated?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-...l#post12025621
Old 04-26-2015, 02:12 PM
cj_rumley

That picks many of the nits in the AMA SC. From your post describing what was in the video he posted, the only one that appears to possiblybe breaking an AMA rule is he may be beyond the designated bounds of the field if he was actually 1/3 mi away from the pilot stations. He said he was flying by AMA FPV guidelines, you said he wasn't following AMA Document #550.............good luck on proving your accusations with that.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM
MajorTomski

All it takes is two or three videos of him sitting there without an observer. His usual mode of operation. In his 2013 video he loses signal twice times; once while flying in the brush east of the flying field, (failure to maintain LOS) and once at the 1300 foot away from the pilot station point, His solution was to just turn till he regained signal, not return to land. Even with his own video posted on youtube he denies he lost signal and he maintains he had a spotter.

Again, you folks apparently have not encountered someone with this extreme 'rules do not apply to me.' attitude. As I said, a series of videos will make the point.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:00 AM
TimJ

Perfect! Collect the evidence and documentation needed to send them on their way.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:18 AM
Fly4Fly

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
A real narcissist would have a selfie stick attached to his transmitter.
Nicely put. Lol.

Wait and see approach.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:39 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A challenge to "authority" is regarded as narcissism.

Anyone see the irony in that?
Old 06-10-2015, 04:14 AM
Fly4Fly

Originally Posted by bogbeagle

narcissism is loosely defined... So it's possible to have all kinds of angles on an issue involving narcissism.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:21 AM
MajorTomski

Originally Posted by bogbeagle

bogbeagle, if you will please go read the details of my posts, the attitude of the gentlemen involved isn't a challenge to authority, implying that they might want to work with the leadership to change the situation. Their attidude is EF the authority and anyone who dares to question their own selfish rude behaviour.