Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Change is coming...

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Change is coming...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 07:02 AM
Duncman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
busted2props;
I believe this is what U edited out...

Dear HoundDog,

busted2props has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Change is coming... - in the AMA Discussions forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more.

This thread is located at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...3&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
I forgot what I was gonna say. Oh yeah, nice to have my own property to fly on and the hell with the AMA and a club.....

Have fun "BY Your Self" Hope U don't hurt your self. For me and most people it's the commodorey and ribbing that goes on at a congenial AMA R/C field. Guess U must have a bad experiance at one tome or another .. So Sorry for U.
Yes, it must be a lonely life, but maybe he gets a kick out of himself, who are we to judge!!!
Old 06-25-2015, 10:06 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duncman
Yes, it must be a lonely life, but maybe he gets a kick out of himself, who are we to judge!!!

Like there isn't any "JUDGING" going on in these RCU forums ... Really?
Old 06-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Duncman

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Like there isn't any "JUDGING" going on in these RCU forums ... Really?
NAAAW, no judging on any of these forums, the nerve of accusing us of that. Lol
Old 07-28-2015, 03:01 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like the org that's responsible and gets paid for the service is making it more convenient for them by relieving the load but by doing so is dumping the responsibility and headache on a club member that probably only gets comped free dues for compensation.

Also, say the members insurance goes to April but to join any club you pay for a year. If the person decides not to rejoin the AMA at the time of renewal or takes a leave of absence then some clubs will have to deal with whether to refund part of the dues to match the coverage. I can see some clubs saying no refund which is probably going to cause hard feelings and even loss of memberships.. Fun fun
Old 07-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Duncman

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
Seems like the org that's responsible and gets paid for the service is making it more convenient for them by relieving the load but by doing so is dumping the responsibility and headache on a club member that probably only gets comped free dues for compensation.

Also, say the members insurance goes to April but to join any club you pay for a year. If the person decides not to rejoin the AMA at the time of renewal or takes a leave of absence then some clubs will have to deal with whether to refund part of the dues to match the coverage. I can see some clubs saying no refund which is probably going to cause hard feelings and even loss of memberships.. Fun fun
I see the same issues as you. With most clubs requiring AMA to fly at their fields, tracking for the club will be a nightmare. I'm sure there are those out there that think the computer will kiss the boo.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:59 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by Duncman
I see the same issues as you. With most clubs requiring AMA to fly at their fields, tracking for the club will be a nightmare. I'm sure there are those out there that think the computer will kiss the boo.
I think there are a fair number of clubs that have their membership year that does not run concurrent with the AMA membership year. I often wondered why...the best answer I got was to spread the expense....
Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Duncman

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
I think there are a fair number of clubs that have their membership year that does not run concurrent with the AMA membership year. I often wondered why...the best answer I got was to spread the expense....
My window may be small, the 3 clubs I belong to and the 4 others I'm close to and they all are based on calendar year, so I question how high a number that would be. We give our members a break if they have their dues in by Nov.1 and penalize if they pay after Jan.31, proof of AMA is a must. AMA makes member verification easy but I still would rather avoid the extra task of tracking a member who pays his club dues by Jan.1 and his AMA is not due till May/June/who knows, just one individual or three/four no big deal, but multiply that out to 130 members and you have a tracking quagmire. I really don't want to see it change from what it is now in place. BTW, change doesn't scare me if I see a benefit, I don't see one here, IMO.