Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Change is coming...

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Change is coming...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dokesflyer
It may even be easier still. With AMA's club roster feature for club officers, simply go online and you can see which club members are current and which are not on your club roster - no need to look up club members individually!!!. It gives the renewal dates as well. When AMA starts using year-to-date membership, this feature should simplify the effort.
How is that easier than what we already have in place today?
Old 06-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Work smarter, not harder.
Good point, that also means developing policies and procedures that require less work, not more work.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:47 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by Ace Dude
It's something that the AMA already has in place...no need to develop another means to reconcile AMA status.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
It's something that the AMA already has in place...no need to develop another means to reconcile AMA status.
I was specifically referring to calendar year renewals when referencing what we already have in place today, not the online roster. The online roster is a great feature and I do it use for maintaining our club roster.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:53 AM
littlecrankshaf

You're the one who made the statements quoting your club's policy and procedure and are the one who cannot backup your statements.
Your not following along very well...maybe a reading/comprehension problem??? I actually was the author of that line item in our bylaws... So, like I said, you heard it from the horse's mouth...but if you like listening to asses...be my guest.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Your not following along very well...maybe a reading/comprehension problem??? I actually was the author of that line item in our bylaws... So, like I said, you heard it from the horse's mouth...but if you like listening to asses...be my guest.
If it's not documented, it doesn't exist. If you can't provide the official club document, it's heresay.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:58 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Good point, that also means developing policies and procedures that require less work, not more work.
I would say it suggests implementing a policy which all members agree to when they join the club.

Bottom line is avoid the shame by being accountable.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:11 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I would say it suggests implementing a policy which all members agree to when they join the club.

Bottom line is avoid the shame by being accountable.
Th issue is the policy already in place today (calendar year based membership) already meets the requirements of most, if not all clubs as it's consistent with calendar year club membership. Although possible, I don't know any clubs who's membership period isn't January 1 - December 31.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:13 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Th issue is the policy already in place today (calendar year based membership) already meets the requirements of most, if not all clubs as it's consistent with calendar year club membership. Although possible, I don't know any clubs who's membership period isn't January 1 - December 31.
The issue is the policy in place would need revising. It's not that complicated.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

The issue is the policy in place would need revising. It's not that complicated.
What's the business justification for revising the policy? There's no point in revising the policy for the sake of revising the policy.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:16 AM
littlecrankshaf

If it's not documented, it doesn't exist. If you can't provide the official club document, it's heresay.
Hmmm...copy on file with AMA...tell them it does not exist then...

Now, back to your erroneous contentions...with no supporting documentation about you contention of policy and procedure...provide the AMA documentation...your club bylaws etc...

You were asked first for "any" supporting documentation!!!!

Look Lawrence...I don't dance at your whim...get over it!
Old 06-20-2015, 10:17 AM
TheEdge
Banned

LOL, some just make work more work. Time to stand up and get away from the computer me thinks.
Have a wonderful day all.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Hmmm...copy on file with AMA...tell them it does not exist then...

Now, back to your erroneous contentions...with no supporting documentation about you contention of policy and procedure...provide the AMA documentation...your club bylaws etc...

You were asked first for "any" supporting documentation!!!!

Look Lawrence...I don't dance at your whim...get over it!
So if it exists, why not post it here?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:36 AM
littlecrankshaf

So if it exists, why not post it here?
If you have support of you contentions why not post them??? as you were asked first... If you can provide one sliver of support for your erroneous position it might rise to further discussion but in absence of that, pretty much a moot point...

Have you ever observed any real order... or just subsist with a goofy belief in a self-righteous fallacy of order that only you understand that ultimately can't be conveyed to others with any basis in fact. Seems so to me...
Old 06-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

as you were asked first...
Reference you're referring to?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:48 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone ever think "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it.

but if U must, then Open member ship is to be $75 / 12 = $6.25 so knock $6.25 off the first dues
one pays for every full month that has passed by.

Example: join anytime in April get $6.25 x 3 months = $18.75 so $75 - $18.75 = $56.25 for the rest of the year. and leave it if one jouins in October or later $75.00 for a full year + the last months of the year. Half the country doesn't fly much after October anyway.

Now the real Question Do U PRO RATE the $9.95 for the Digital Model aviation ?

The best deal ever is under 19 before 1 June it's FREE baby. Oh to be young again. LOL
Old 06-20-2015, 11:11 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by ira d
I think the idea of changing the club rules so that your club membership is only effect when your AMA is in effect is the way to go.
Wow... someone gets it!

FWIW AMA club memberships are contingent on individual AMA memberships...so in effect that policy exists by virtue of AMA's decree... So go research that, Lawrence...
Old 06-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Wow... someone gets it!

FWIW AMA club memberships are contingent on individual AMA memberships...so in effect that policy exists by virtue of AMA's decree... So go research that, Lawrence...
Great policy, and we already have a fail-safe procedure in place to support it. Thus, why the need to change the procedure and remove the fail-safe part of it?

Trouble uploading your supporting documentation LCS? I still don't see it attached to any of your posts....
Old 06-20-2015, 11:28 AM
littlecrankshaf

Great policy, and we already have a fail-safe procedure in place to support it. Thus, why the need to change the procedure and remove the fail-safe part of it?

Trouble uploading your supporting documentation LCS? I still don't see it attached to any of your posts....
Keep looking...You just missed it I guess. Look in the other hand...
Old 06-20-2015, 11:30 AM
littlecrankshaf

Keep looking...You just missed it I guess. Look in the other hand...
BTW are the same kind of Ace I've known others to be that dubbed themselves that distinction??? Probably, I would imagine.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Dokesflyer

This was in response to what " The Edge " had suggested.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:08 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone know WHY they are thinking of changing? I bet it has to do with the 'rush' of renewals in late December when office parties, family gatherings, etc interfere with AMA's normal business. It is sort of like a CPA and April 1-15th...not enough hours in a day.

This change would probably (I'm guessing here) would eliminate the need for temp personal working for two months....but that is only a guess.....if they don't use temp people, I can almost here the cry from the poor ladies who work in membership!

Just my $.02 worth....

Jerry
Old 06-20-2015, 01:11 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

about time, i will sign up again.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:53 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not feasible for Large clubs 100 to 300+ members. It's hard enough to keep people that don't belong to the club that have an AMA membership. To inspect ever ones AMA card to see if it is current is a stupid idea. All AMA memberships should stay as is renewal effective 1 January every year. The AMA sends out Renewal Notices 3 months in advance. U can renew on line by mail by phone and just submit a credit card or wright a check or an on line check or money order. It couldn't be easier.
Don't Mess with Success. Just leave well enough alone.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Dokesflyer

Deleted - duplicate - sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.