Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Still no AMA 2014 Financial Statement on website?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Still no AMA 2014 Financial Statement on website?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 02:23 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GerKonig
Well, some of us are grownups, that have jobs, and know that if you want a valid answer you have to search for a valid source. Just a grownup thing to do. Not ask an opinion in a forum:-) You do not ask a strategy question to the guy that cleans the floor...

But, that is just my take. We all have a way of doing things. If you want an answer, ask someone that has the answer:-)

Gerry
Well...why have an AMA forum then??? Just have big sticky here that just says go ask so and so... Also begs the question why anyone, with the grownup mindset as you describe, would post here as well... Just doesn't wash in the final rinse...Sorry, but that truly is the bottom line...
Old 07-28-2015, 02:32 PM
littlecrankshaf

See... Mr AMA dude, Silent Aviator could have came in with the answer instead of the aspersions...but he didn't...All the things you malign others with applies equally well with you and the others...but I bet you can't see that...Oh.well...I tried...
Old 07-28-2015, 02:47 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Ok guys , help my memory here .

I thought I remember reading , in past years , the AMA's yearly financial disclosure in Model Aviation magazine ? Am I right on that recollection ?

If I am correct , what has changed that 2014's statement hasn't already been published ? If it did get published in the past , Wouldn't it bear mention from the AMA as to why it has yet to be published ?

Has the AMA mentioned somewhere about the statement , like the "AMA blogs" page , and maybe I missed it ?

Just so ya all know , yes , I do enjoy reading of the inner workings of our organization . I don't read it looking for dark dirty secrets , I just like seeing how our dues are actually spent in the noble efforts of the advancement of aircraft modeling .
Old 07-28-2015, 02:53 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Whether or not if he asked for the info from "so and so" wasn't the point of contention...but now it has taken that tangent...we all fell for that old forum ruse "did you contact so and so?"...I feel so gullible now! LOL
Well, misery loves company...if anything we all fell prey to that old forum ruse, responding to the non question set out as a question. Hummmmm.

See... Mr AMA dude, Silent Aviator could have came in with the answer instead of the aspersions...but he didn't...All the things you malign others with applies equally well with you and the others...but I bet you can't see that...Oh.well...I tried...
LOL...chastising, now name calling and casing of aspersions...who's on the tangent now? I'm sure the Op appreciates your robust defense. If this is what we have to argue about I'd say we are pretty fortunate. Now I think I'm off to maiden my new (well new to me) F-104. Fingers crossed that I get more than one flight.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:58 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
Ok guys , help my memory here .

I thought I remember reading , in past years , the AMA's yearly financial disclosure in Model Aviation magazine ? Am I right on that recollection ?

If I am correct , what has changed that 2014's statement hasn't already been published ? If it did get published in the past , Wouldn't it bear mention from the AMA as to why it has yet to be published ?

Has the AMA mentioned somewhere about the statement , like the "AMA blogs" page , and maybe I missed it ?

Just so ya all know , yes , I do enjoy reading of the inner workings of our organization . I don't read it looking for dark dirty secrets , I just like seeing how our dues are actually spent in the noble efforts of the advancement of aircraft modeling .
Nope, you're right I believe, it has been published in the past. Historically it's available on line too, I believe in greater detail than is allowed in the mag. At this point I don't disagree that it should be in either of those places, if it's available. I'm not aware of what they consider the end of the fiscal year, so perhaps that might have something to do with it. Perhaps the OP will come back and fill us in on what, if anything, the AMA told him when he asked about it.

The reports are interesting to read, if for nothing than to see where the money goes (in general terms).
Old 07-28-2015, 03:08 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Very good point about the fiscal year , If it's other than Jan 1 , that most certainly could explain why it appears later than other organization's reports . Do we know what month the AMA's fiscal year is based in ? I want to guess Dec or Jan cause of when the membership dues are due , but again it's just guessing on my part .

Could it have been late spring/early summer when it was printed in the past ?

PS , thank you for reinforcing my memory on the question of whether or not it was printed in the past , I appreciate that
Old 07-28-2015, 03:20 PM
porcia83
Banned

You weren't imagining it after all...or were you?

I've seen fiscal year ends as late as July 1, so that may be a possibility. That stuff borders on accounting, and numbers, and spreadsheets...and I try to avoid that.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:01 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by init4fun
Very good point about the fiscal year , If it's other than Jan 1 , that most certainly could explain why it appears later than other organization's reports . Do we know what month the AMA's fiscal year is based in ? I want to guess Dec or Jan cause of when the membership dues are due , but again it's just guessing on my part .

Could it have been late spring/early summer when it was printed in the past ?
Why bring those questions here...just go ask so and so...LOL Sorry just couldn't help it...Just funnin' with you a bit...Actually some good questions. Maybe Mr. AMA dude will chime in with something helpful... !
Old 07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
jetmaven

Unless something has changed , the AMA's fiscal year ends 12/31. That's based on the last audited financial statement . You can google it
The tax return that they are required to file is due by 5/15 of the following year . They are entitled to two extensions , the first is an automatic three month extension . The second three month extension request must be accompanied with a specific reason .
My club has contacted the AMA's CFO and he has been more than helpful to us .
The OP may want to pick up the phone .
Old 07-28-2015, 06:05 PM
littlecrankshaf

Just wondering who I might call to get a succinct, direct and clear response as to why the statement has not been posted? Anyone know? Not interested in listening to elevator music and multiple follow up calls.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 PM
GerKonig

Originally Posted by jetmaven
Unless something has changed , the AMA's fiscal year ends 12/31. That's based on the last audited financial statement . You can google it
The tax return that they are required to file is due by 5/15 of the following year . They are entitled to two extensions , the first is an automatic three month extension . The second three month extension request must be accompanied with a specific reason .
My club has contacted the AMA's CFO and he has been more than helpful to us .
The OP may want to pick up the phone .
I just went on line, at the ASTA website, and asked the question, let's see what answer I get. See the instant answer below. Simple, fast, efficient. Now if they do not answer in one week, I will have to call.

Gerry

Hello, We have received your issue submission, we will respond as soon as possible. Issues are handled Monday through Friday standard business hours 8am to 5pm. Your issue number is GEN-xxxxxx Issue Subject: Finantial Statement Issue Status: new You can view, add to, or submit new issues via the web at http://www.modelaircraft.org/askama/ Please note: Issues are answered as quickly as possible. Once this issue is resolved, please be on the lookout for an email letting you know that the issue has been closed. Regards, Webmaster Academy of Model Aeronautics
Old 07-28-2015, 06:17 PM
GerKonig

Well...why have an AMA forum then??? Just have big sticky here that just says go ask so and so... Also begs the question why anyone, with the grownup mindset as you describe, would post here as well... Just doesn't wash in the final rinse...Sorry, but that truly is the bottom line...
No it is not:-)

Gerry
PS: But this awakened my curiosity, and I asked the AMA the regular way. Will keep this board posted if I get an answer...
Old 07-28-2015, 07:00 PM
franklin_m

I've been busy the last couple days...the response was that it hinges on the audit completion. That's normally done in March, but they delayed it a couple months. The response also pointed out that the EC may have voted on it at the July meeting. When it will be posted? No specific answer provided.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Silent-AV8R

Just wondering who I might call to get a succinct, direct and clear response as to why the statement has not been posted? Anyone know? Not interested in listening to elevator music and multiple follow up calls.
Why not contact your District VP? Any reason you feel that he cannot answer your question??
Old 07-29-2015, 01:53 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Why not contact your District VP? Any reason you feel that he cannot answer your question??
Come on now...quit being silly. I am sure a few VPs and multiple AVPs have read this thread...no answer forthcoming.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:02 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I've been busy the last couple days...the response was that it hinges on the audit completion. That's normally done in March, but they delayed it a couple months. The response also pointed out that the EC may have voted on it at the July meeting. When it will be posted? No specific answer provided.
Just wondering who your contact was?
Old 07-29-2015, 04:03 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Lets take the personal stuff down a notch and keep it to the topic at hand please
Old 07-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Silent-AV8R

Come on now...quit being silly. I am sure a few VPs and multiple AVPs have read this thread...no answer forthcoming.
In general an AVP is not going to know the answer to this question. At least in the deacde I served as an AVP I was never given this type of info. As far as VP's go, most that I know actually spend very little time on the various forums. But none of that answers the question why this topic is worth so many posts from those so concerned about the topic, yet they cannot expend the tiny bit of energy required to actually contact their VP. Go figure.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:04 AM
franklin_m

Just wondering who your contact was?
Contact AMA feature on the website.

They've since updated the answer again overnight. Their email to me: "Matter of fact I just talked to the Comptroller and we will not have the "final" audit until Monday. Then it will be posted on the website under members only."
Old 07-29-2015, 10:06 AM
porcia83
Banned

Good news!
Old 07-29-2015, 11:10 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Contact AMA feature on the website.

They've since updated the answer again overnight. Their email to me: "Matter of fact I just talked to the Comptroller and we will not have the "final" audit until Monday. Then it will be posted on the website under members only."
Good work Franklin.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:57 PM
TimJ

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	52694972.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	2111667  
Old 07-29-2015, 02:05 PM
porcia83
Banned