Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Proposed Drone Law in California

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Proposed Drone Law in California

Old 09-25-2015, 05:16 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Duncman
Just see who's definition holds up in court, FAA's or the AMA's.
Who is going to court? I'm not. I practice "traditional" model aviation at a field that my club purchased for the sole purpose of enjoying our hobby. I am an AMA member and fly in accordance with their rules and policies. I do not fly over stadiums, neighbors, parks, airports, public fishing piers, forest fires, or beaches. In other words, I do not impose my hobby on anyone or anywhere that it could cause harm to an unsuspecting victim.

Once again, I could give a rip about the FAA definition. It means nothing to me.

Regards,

Astro
Old 09-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
It would be amazing. A company here in Texas was kitting one but was plagued with issues. I can see why.

Mike

Mike
The Rotormast kits have been availabel since 2010 or 2011.

http://www.rotormast.com/
Old 09-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
Who is going to court? I'm not. I practice "traditional" model aviation at a field that my club purchased for the sole purpose of enjoying our hobby. I am an AMA member and fly in accordance with their rules and policies. I do not fly over stadiums, neighbors, parks, airports, public fishing piers, forest fires, or beaches. In other words, I do not impose my hobby on anyone or anywhere that it could cause harm to an unsuspecting victim.

Once again, I could give a rip about the FAA definition. It means nothing to me.

Regards,

Astro
So you blantently ignore the FAA issued TFR's?
Old 09-25-2015, 05:26 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by TimJ

EDUCATION is the problem here. NOT the platform.
It's really not that simple. You cannot educate the unwilling and it is clear that the vast majority of the drone operators (I refuse to call them pilots) do not want to be educated. WHY in the world would the AMA want to embrace those that do not want what they have to offer?

P.S. We are on the edge of fixed wing aircraft requiring little to no skill to fly. ie. GPS Flight, Waypoint flight, etc. Are you ready for that?
UMMM...we are already there. They are called DRONES. DRONES are NOT model aviation and should have their very own advocacy group.

Astro
Old 09-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by Duncman
Question Guy's. If one built a scale model of a V-22 Osprey would that be considered a Model Airplane or a Multi Rotor or a ????
Wow, now you're really trying to confuse them....
Old 09-25-2015, 05:27 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Jump to conclusions much?
Old 09-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Jump to conclusions much?

Regards,

Astro
I can't make this stuff up. If you don't understnad a definition how would you know whether or not it applies to you?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:03 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I wonder how many visible leaders of communities, property owners, business owners, people with something to lose....would choose to fly the "Reckless Drone Pattern" with only private [or no] insurance, versus flying conventional RC in accordance with AMA guidelines and with the AMA's insurance...?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:22 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really? Your kidding right? You know exactly what were all talking about when we say "traditional RC".

Mike
Are you a mind reader now?

If it's so obvious, why didn't you answer the question? I picked those specifically to have you and the other one tell me if those would be considered "traditional RC". Tell me why they wouldn't. Built from multiple components and flown in the air, remotely controlled right?

If you could, explain again what the universally accepted concept of "traditional RC" is again? I know you have your opinion on it, just want to know how everyone else should be looking at this.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:24 PM
porcia83
Banned

Wow, now you're really trying to confuse them....
Then this will make heads explode.........wonder if it belongs in the "traditional RC" bucket?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yzafn9ayshmj2q6agt6c.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	2122304  
Old 09-25-2015, 06:31 PM
astrohog

I can't make this stuff up. If you don't understnad a definition how would you know whether or not it applies to you?
You are just full of assumptions, suppositions, spin and flawed logic, aren't you?
Old 09-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

You are just full of assumptions, suppositions, spin and flawed logic, aren't you?
Still avoiding answering the questions to prevent self-incrimination? Good D. Keep trying.

Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; 09-25-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by porcia83
Then this will make heads explode.........wonder if it belongs in the "traditional RC" bucket?

Wow! Creativivity, innovation and engineering. I don't see it on that well known "traditional modeling" retailer website so it's certainly not fit for the conservative tea flyers.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Silent-AV8R

You mean this?

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/nasas-n...er-half-plane/

It is the photo you posted.

NASA hopes the GL-10 design will be the basis for drones addressing a wide variety of use cases. “It could be used for small package delivery … long endurance surveillance for agriculture, mapping and other applications,” says Bill Fredericks, an aerospace engineer with NASA. The team has built 12 prototypes, including 5-pound (foam) and 25-pound (fiberglass) models, as well as the 55-pound carbon fiber version shown in the video above. Some early versions were lost to hard landings as the team perfected flight controls, but the current version seems to be performing very well.

Nope, doesn't sound like a model aircraft for hobby use to me. But thanks for playing.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:38 PM
combatpigg

The aforementioned model looks like a most ambitious project that would be very welcome at ANY AMA club field, flown by AMA guidelines.
NEXT..........
Old 09-25-2015, 08:48 PM
astrohog

Still avoiding answering the questions to prevent self-incrimination? Good D. Keep trying.
LOL! The answer was in the post, but you fail to comprehend written English. That and I won't answer to your illogical spin. Not to mention your refusal to answer any questions yourself.

Astro
Old 09-25-2015, 08:59 PM
astrohog

What does the FAA definition of model aircraft and FAA TFR's have to do with one another? Nothing

How do you come up with these conclusions?

Just another spin doctor! LOL
Old 09-25-2015, 09:02 PM
combatpigg

Wow! Creativivity, innovation and engineering. I don't see it on that well known "traditional modeling" retailer website so it's certainly not fit for the conservative tea flyers.
Toadstool, I fly stuff that I guarantee would make your undies turn brown and I'm as conservative as you can get.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:12 AM
rcmiket

Are you a mind reader now?

If it's so obvious, why didn't you answer the question? I picked those specifically to have you and the other one tell me if those would be considered "traditional RC". Tell me why they wouldn't. Built from multiple components and flown in the air, remotely controlled right?

If you could, explain again what the universally accepted concept of "traditional RC" is again? I know you have your opinion on it, just want to know how everyone else should be looking at this.
In your case I am a mind reader I requires very little effort.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 09-26-2015 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:42 AM
porcia83
Banned

In your case I am a mind reader I requires very little effort.

Mike
LoL...another swing and a miss, so intent on getting in a zinger that you stepped all over your delivery, even after the edit.

Guess it's easier to go on the attack rather than answering the question eh?

Hows the big "get rid of the drone get the AMA back to traditional modeling" efforts going in your area? Mustering the troops for the battle?
Old 09-26-2015, 03:48 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
You mean this?

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/nasas-n...er-half-plane/

It is the photo you posted.

Nope, doesn't sound like a model aircraft for hobby use to me. But thanks for playing.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Fair enough, that one does have some commercial applications, but I think you know what I was getting at. But like the one above, it's easier to get a "thanks for playing" comment in rather than address the issue or answer the question. You conveniently didn't include the other pictures I added, wonder why? Hard to answer the question about "traditional RM modeling" when looking at them right?

How about this one.....traditional RC or no?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	traditionalrc.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2122341  
Old 09-26-2015, 04:39 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

What does the FAA definition of model aircraft and FAA TFR's have to do with one another? Nothing

How do you come up with these conclusions?

Just another spin doctor! LOL
If you can't understnad that a TFR is applicable to certain types of aircraft operations and you can't understnd the definition of those types of aircraft operations then you're unfit to fly.

I really wish the FAA made modelers get licenses just like amateur radio. Sure would eliminate a lot of the tea flyer nonsense.

Oh well, keep trying.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:52 AM
astrohog

Fair enough, that one does have some commercial applications, but I think you know what I was getting at. But like the one above, it's easier to get a "thanks for playing" comment in rather than address the issue or answer the question. You conveniently didn't include the other pictures I added, wonder why? Hard to answer the question about "traditional RM modeling" when looking at them right?

How about this one.....traditional RC or no?

Porcia,

Your line of interrogative questions aren't all that relevant to the issues being discussed. While I applaud you for being hell-bent on defining everything in the rc world as black or white, in the bigger scheme of things, you are intelligent enough to understand the gist of, "traditional model aviation" and what silent, island, Mike, myself and others are saying here.

It's okay to have different viewpoints (you said it yourself). In reality, YOU are the one that is trying too hard, regardless of how many times you accuse others of doing so. Your debate tactics are underhanded and deplorable, they bring nothing but hate and vitriol to these discussions (study logical fallacies much? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ ).

Funny how YOU can say, "I think you know what I was getting at", then turn around and grill others and claim ignorance when it comes to their very straightforward points or terms (i.e. "traditional model aviation"}.

I think we can continue to have an insightful discussion here as long as those engaged keep their posts fair, concise and fact-based. It is a two-way street and it is clear that both sides have tossed their share of grenades.

Regards,

Astro
Old 09-26-2015, 04:59 AM
astrohog

What are you, sponsored by the FAA? Or are you just a FAA Fanboi? LOL!

Keep trying to what? And, yes, I would like you to answer that!

You can continue to try and berate and discredit me with your ignorant statements all you want, but those tactics are getting old and transparent and bring nothing positive to this thread.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Regards,

AStro
Old 09-26-2015, 05:07 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Porcia,

Your line of interrogative questions aren't all that relevant to the issues being discussed. While I applaud you for being hell-bent on defining everything in the rc world as black or white, in the bigger scheme of things, you are intelligent enough to understand the gist of, "traditional model aviation" and what silent, island, Mike, myself and others are saying here.
Regards,

Astro
Porcia's questions are very relevant, if you understnad them. If you can't answer them, your proposals have no merit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.