Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Proposed Drone Law in California

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Proposed Drone Law in California

Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Poor Chris..he's the only guy in the room who would need to cite Wikipedia if you were to say "The AMA's Contest infrastructure is a finely tuned system that serves the Modeling Community quite well."
It actually didn't occur to me that the AMA qualifies as a Utility until I read the arguing [today] over whether or not it is a business. I think this is a "novel" way to look at how it serves us and if you disagree with that...that's just too bad.
Another self inflicted discredit, you never fail to disappoint.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !! Keep the laws coming in California. We already have enough stupid laws in NY state.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, for changing this topic from a law question to one about the AMA.

Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, why don't you fellows just start another forum about the AMA ?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry, I am sure that it has already been done and it is probably quite old.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:13 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

business

Also found in: Dictionary/thesaurus, Medical, Financial,Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.business

n. any activity or enterprise entered into for profit. It does not mean it is a company, a corporation, partnership, or have any such formal organization, but it can range from a street peddler to General Motors. It is sometimes significant to determine if an accident, visit, travel, meal or other activitywas part of "business" or for pleasure or no particularpurpose.
Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right reserved.

Last edited by combatpigg; 10-02-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:08 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Another self inflicted discredit, you never fail to disappoint.
You've been reduced to flailing like a bug that's spinning down the drain.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	double-facepalm11.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	2123275  
Old 10-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by combatpigg
You've been reduced to flailing like a bug that's spinning down the drain.....

Oh yeah, the second grade bully might not be able to read, write, spell, figure out the number of members the AMA has (even though the answer is right on the AMA website), understand the defintion of the word "business", or even realize the AMA is a not a public utility, but he sure did teach him a lesson.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, more good news!

Good news. AMA closes out it's membership year on September 15th and again AMA membership has increased. Great job AMA.

Now is the time to start thinking about 2016. Some AMA programs have suspense dates such as TAG, Scholarships, Flying Field improvement, etc.

Remember if I can help you please ask.

Rusty Kennedy, L716
AVP,District IV
Chairman,Leader Member Development Committee
Leader Member Program Coordinator

Perhaps some of that growth in membership is in CA, and those voices made their positions known, and affected some change? Growth at this time, even with the dues increasing sure is good news!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Great news indeed! Just read my latest issue of MA. Another month with a long list of new life members.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:36 PM
combatpigg

I just posted a narrow definition of "business" that excludes non-profit entities [like the AMA].
See how that works..?
Now here's another example of "Organizational Infrastructure" that I just found in an academic publication.
So once again Crispy, it's time to ring you up with yet one more EPIC FAIL. I believe the 3rd one is known as the "Hat Trick'...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	organizational infrastructure.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	2123290   Click image for larger version

Name:	triple-facepalm.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2123292  
Old 10-03-2015, 03:25 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Great news indeed! Just read my latest issue of MA. Another month with a long list of new life members.
Life members don't pay yearly dues, do they? .... I can see this as a problem down the road if a great percentage did not have to pay dues. maybe the numbers will never get that grate though.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:29 AM
HoundDog

[QUOTE=combatpigg;12108012]I just posted a narrow definition of "business" that excludes non-profit entities [like the AMA].
See how that works..?
Now here's another example of "Organizational Infrastructure" that I just found in an academic publication.
So once again Crispy, it's time to ring you up with yet one more EPIC FAIL. I believe the 3rd one is known as the "Hat Trick'...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...lol.
[
/QUOTE]
WHO Cares!
this Thread is DEAD. The bill is DEAD, But still the BS Continues.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:54 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Life members don't pay yearly dues, do they? .... I can see this as a problem down the road if a great percentage did not have to pay dues. maybe the numbers will never get that grate though.
With a number of current members taking advantage of the two year deal 2015 will be a banner year, That could effect cash flow also. It's down that road that really counts.

Mike
Old 10-03-2015, 04:57 AM
porcia83
Banned

Nope, they pay 1500 and they are good for life. It can be a one time thing, or broken up into 3 smaller chunks. I suspect they would still be o/k if a sudden onslaught of people paid the 1500, not a bad problem to have right?
Old 10-03-2015, 04:59 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

For $1,500 you become a life member and once your life membership has been paid in full you never have to pay dues again. They do offer a payment plan to become a life member of $375/year for 4 years.

IMHO the number of life members will ever get close to having any signficant impact.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:01 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
With a number of current members taking advantage of the two year deal 2015 will be a banner year, That could effect cash flow also. It's down that road that really counts.

Mike
I suspect it will be a banner year indeed, in terms of membership numbers and income via dues. Not sure 2 or 4 years down the road or even longer will be critical, or make or break the organization. The AMA has been around since the 30's and weathered many a storm, membership goes up and down as a result. Like any business organization (uh oh I went there), they have contingencies and adjust as needed.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:01 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket

Mike
The good news is the number of members who didn't take advantage of the two year deal. More $$ for the AMA.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:05 AM
porcia83
Banned

oh lord...there you go again with optimism and rosy lensed perspective. Stop already!

Old 10-03-2015, 05:18 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by porcia83
oh lord...there you go again with optimism and rosy lensed perspective. Stop already!

Business is business. The $$$ doesn't lie!

By the way, I counted 31 new life members in the 10/2015 issue of MA and none in the 10/2014 issue of MA.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:42 AM
rcmiket

"in terms of membership numbers"

Care to share that number?

Mike
Old 10-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Duncman

It is a business, heck, Religion is a business. Move on, bigger fish to fry.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Duncman
It is a business, heck, Religion is a business. Move on, bigger fish to fry.
He can't let it go...he's on the eternal quest to play chief interrogator on every comment, even ones that have been made by others. Doesn't quite get the difference between a sweeping generalization, and a common sense obvious reality. Guess it's not true until a specific number is given, but of course that would be challened as well. lol. But for reference...here's the news again.

Good news. AMA closes out it's membership year on September 15th and again AMA membership has increased. Great job AMA.

Now is the time to start thinking about 2016. Some AMA programs have suspense dates such as TAG, Scholarships, Flying Field improvement, etc.

Rusty Kennedy, L716
Old 10-03-2015, 08:09 AM
HoundDog

For $1,500 you become a life member and once your life membership has been paid in full you never have to pay dues again. They do offer a payment plan to become a life member of $375/year for 4 years.

IMHO the number of life members will ever get close to having any signficant impact.
$1500 / $75 = 20 years Brake Even. Good deal for some one that's 55 or less has an extra $1500 and doesn't have kids to put thru collage or some other reason for giving up the hobby till retirement Like Death heaven for bid. Don't forget U paid $1500 when it was supposedly worth $1500 in 2015 dollars. Bt they will Raise the dues maybe twice by then too. Just Saying.

One of the Clubs I belong to just did away with their Life Time membership. Years back they need a lot of cash FAST so a number of them came up with their Life time membership. Now they realize it hurting their cash flow because these people no longer pay dues and most will be flying for another 10 to 20 years.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:13 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
He can't let it go...he's on the eternal quest to play chief interrogator on every comment, even ones that have been made by others. Doesn't quite get the difference between a sweeping generalization, and a common sense obvious reality. Guess it's not true until a specific number is given, but of course that would be challened as well. lol. But for reference...here's the news again.

Rusty Kennedy, L716
Lot's of (us) here like that ... it doesn't really mater much does it ....Unless U let it bother ya then the GOTCH YA and they keep poking ya with the Proverbial stick.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:53 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

$1500 / $75 = 20 years Brake Even. Good deal for some one that's 55 or less has an extra $1500 and doesn't have kids to put thru collage or some other reason for giving up the hobby till retirement Like Death heaven for bid. Don't forget U paid $1500 when it was supposedly worth $1500 in 2015 dollars. Bt they will Raise the dues maybe twice by then too. Just Saying.

One of the Clubs I belong to just did away with their Life Time membership. Years back they need a lot of cash FAST so a number of them came up with their Life time membership. Now they realize it hurting their cash flow because these people no longer pay dues and most will be flying for another 10 to 20 years.

Before the dues went up the beak even point was almost 26 years ($1500/$58 = 25.9). With the recent AMA dues increase they did not raise the lifetime membership cost making it more attractive. Additionally, the lifetime membership fee may be tax deductable (depending on your financial/tax status) which may make the break even point < 20 years. Lastly, IMHO, it's unlikely it will be another 12+ years before we seen anohter dues increase which could further reduce the break even point.

Depending on the size of your membership it could potenitally have a significant negative impact on your finances.

I wish I did it when I started in the hobby 20 years ago. I would have broken even by now, espeically with the declining value of the US dollar over the past two decades.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:31 PM
porcia83
Banned

Lot's of (us) here like that ... it doesn't really mater much does it ....Unless U let it bother ya then the GOTCH YA and they keep poking ya with the Proverbial stick.
You are right sir, completely right. Another member sent me a PM along the same lines. Can't claim innocence in taking a sarcastic comment or two, usually based in humor. The oppressive, constant and non stop negativity is just annoying at times. Gotta look at the upside to stuff and keep trying to have fun. Thanks for the reality check.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:09 PM
rcmiket

Absolutely.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.