Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Survey

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Survey

Just curious how many of your received the email and responded to the AMA survey just sent out? For those who have not received it they wanted opinions on a number of topics including the dues increase, "drones" and AMA in general ( among other topics). I'm curious to why it was sent out after the increase rather than before? If they wanted feedback about this and the direction of the organization why not send it out before?

Mike
Old 09-30-2015, 07:20 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it and responded.

I noted in another thread that they would be questioned for doing this. That didn't take long.

Sort of a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. I think it's great that they are looking for our thoughts and suggestions, regardless of the timing. I would have been shocked to see them do this before the dues increase, they don't need to poll the membership to decide how they are going to run the "company" every time they want to make a change. The leaders were elected to run the show, and they are doing that.

I thought the questions were good, there was sufficient time/place to add content, not just click off a box with limited choices. I did the extra series of questions at the end as well, those were heavily "drone" themed.

So now it's up to the membership to respond and share their thoughts. In addition to data- mining (many questions there can be used for internal marketing purposes), chances are the results are going to be used to gauge performance of the senior leadership, get a pulse check on the effectiveness of their communications (or so some, perhaps a lack thereof).

It's great that they are asking for input, my follow up questions to them will be what are you doing with the data? I'd like to hear what the results are, starting with how many members responded, and of course what the responses were.

These surveys are pretty ubiquitous in today's world, virtually every company is using them for one purpose or another, some even going so far as to offer you merchandise to complete them. You'll probably note how desperate chain restaurants are to get good results, car dealerships, and even Jiffy Lubes too. Why? Money of course. They better they do, the better they get paid.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:06 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

wondering how long it would take to get a thread on this.
yes, i got it and took it and the addendum.
and for the guy that didn't get one, i got my usual 2, just like with every other AMA email.
same email address and everything.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:20 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Yes, I received the survey. I thought it had good questions and a good balance of "essay answers" to allow for you to expand on your thoughts. I did the follow on as well. There was only one question that I thought didn't have an appropriate answer for me with no option for a write in. Only one question in a 20 minute survey? That's very good! But I made sure to expand on my thoughts in the very next write in available 8)

I wonder if the results will be made public?

Dave
Old 09-30-2015, 03:32 PM
rcmiket

"I wonder if the results will be made public?"

Time will tell. I'm curious as well. I'd also like to know how many were asked to participate.

Mike
Old 09-30-2015, 04:25 PM
porcia83
Banned

Chances are they sent it to all AMA members, at least I would hope so. Not sure what the thought process would be in sending it out to a select group, The more feedback they get the better, regardless of what that is. I'm going to shoot an e-mail to the guy who sent that out asking that question, and the ones I suggested above. I'll follow up here if I get a response.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:30 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by porcia83
Chances are they sent it to all AMA members, at least I would hope so. Not sure what the thought process would be in sending it out to a select group, The more feedback they get the better, regardless of what that is. I'm going to shoot an e-mail to the guy who sent that out asking that question, and the ones I suggested above. I'll follow up here if I get a response.
Everyone that I have spoke with today has not received the email and I know for a fact that they are all current AMA members.That's one of the reasons I started this thread to see how many got it here on RCU.
So far not many.

Mike
Old 09-30-2015, 04:32 PM
porcia83
Banned

Ya, I asked a few club members, only one got it. Perhaps it's a tiered release, regional thing, who knows. I'll see what the guy has to say.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:49 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Everyone that I have spoke with today has not received the email and I know for a fact that they are all current AMA members.That's one of the reasons I started this thread to see how many got it here on RCU.
So far not many.

Mike
It's only been 24 hours....so perhaps we can give it a little more time. I just sent an e-mail to the name on the survey, hopefully I get a response back. I'm going to ask at our club meeting tomorrow night how many got it, at least those that have a computer and know how to operate it. Surprising how many people still don't have one, or know how to use e-mail. Probably not a bad think sometimes. Ha!
Old 09-30-2015, 04:55 PM
porcia83
Banned

Also just spotted this from just about two years ago on the AMA page, wonder if the questions were similar?

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/blo...pinion-please/
Old 09-30-2015, 05:23 PM
rcmiket

Also just spotted this from just about two years ago on the AMA page, wonder if the questions were similar?

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/blo...pinion-please/
While I remember getting it and responding I honestly can't recall the content.

This thread has had 108 views and like 4 of us got the survey?

Mike
Old 09-30-2015, 05:30 PM
porcia83
Banned

This thread has had 108 views and like 4 of us got the survey?

Mike
Or another way to look at it is that everyone who responded to the thread got the survey, so 100%. 108 views means just that, not everyone is going to respond one way or another. It's been a day.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:37 PM
rcmiket

Or another way to look at it is that everyone who responded to the thread got the survey, so 100%. 108 views means just that, not everyone is going to respond one way or another. It's been a day.
Maybe but "Just curious how many of your received the email and responded to the AMA survey just sent out?" is kinda asking for a ya or nay isn't it?

Mike
Old 09-30-2015, 05:51 PM
dbacque

Consider what it takes to analyze survey results. No way it could be done if sent out to everyone. That's the reason for random surveys.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

I got it and completed it.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:17 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was getting an e-mail a week from the AMA up until the deadline to renew my membership at the old rates, then.....NOTHING!

I did not receive the questionnaire.

Regards,

Astro
Old 09-30-2015, 06:22 PM
jetmaven

I got it and responded . I'm a member since the 70's, cd , leader member ( whatever that is ).
i applaud their interest in what's on our minds regarding " drones" .
I think they're at a crossroads in deciding weather to try to somehow govern the ungovernable or wash their hands of it and stick with traditional aero modeling.
The essay response questions indicate to me that they're serious , someone has to read and analyze those responses .
Old 09-30-2015, 06:36 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by jetmaven
i applaud their interest in what's on our minds regarding " drones" .
+1
I think they're at a crossroads in deciding weather to try to somehow govern the ungovernable or wash their hands of it and stick with traditional aero modeling.
I hope so! At least I'd like to think that they were considering other options and not just blindly going after 'market share".

BTW, that last sentence that I quoted could potentially stir up the pot! LOL

Astro
Old 09-30-2015, 08:59 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just finished.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:52 AM
Aquila1954

I got it and it is back in the mail. I also got my new 2 yr paid up permit card to in the mail before the price jump.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:29 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Got it, completed it.

AMA can only control people who are AMA members and fly at AMA fields. AMA members who fly "Drones" usually fly at their AMA Club Field. Let FAA handle to people who do not follow any safety guidelines. "omho"

Rich
Old 10-01-2015, 11:38 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just curious how many of your received the email and responded to the AMA survey just sent out? For those who have not received it they wanted opinions on a number of topics including the dues increase, "drones" and AMA in general ( among other topics). I'm curious to why it was sent out after the increase rather than before? If they wanted feedback about this and the direction of the organization why not send it out before?

Mike
The only polled a small segment of the membership. I did not get it.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:44 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by mr_matt
The only polled a small segment of the membership. I did not get it.
Source of this information? What was the percentage of membership?

In a perfect world everyone should get it, but at some point statistically they can extrapolate sufficient information and save time and money.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:18 PM
dbacque

Originally Posted by jwrich
Got it, completed it.

AMA can only control people who are AMA members and fly at AMA fields. AMA members who fly "Drones" usually fly at their AMA Club Field. Let FAA handle to people who do not follow any safety guidelines. "omho"
Wow, sounds like you copied my answer! 8^)

Dave
Old 10-01-2015, 12:40 PM
astrohog

In a perfect world everyone should get it, but at some point statistically they can extrapolate sufficient information and save time and money.
At what point, statistically, do they extrapolate sufficient information?

Last I checked e-mail was free, so the only added expense would be to read and assimilate the data collected. The AMA was formed by its members and for its members, seems like listening to ALL its members (or at least giving them all a chance to voice their opinions) would be a prudent way to spend its members' dollars!

Regards,

Astro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.