Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Imaa?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 07:54 AM
jimbrock2

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Imaa?

I have asked my AMA VP for information to no avail. But they should be put on the hot seat for the abrupt demise of the IMAA, a special interests group. Why did it go under? The explanation that the cost of the monthly magazine drove them under is astounding. This is a cost that can be foreseen and offset by going back to the inserts in Model Aviation as at the beginning. Or putting out an annual issue instead of monthly. And why were the officers spending money on travel right up to the end?

The Big Birds crowd could still be served by schedule management as before.

Where was the AMA?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:11 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should be interesting. Where is the popcorn emoji

I've seen the AMA get blamed for a lot of stuff, but this is a new one. The AMA is somehow responsible for a SIG being horribly mismanaged and going dark? This I gotta hear.

Have you seen the other threads on the demise of the IMAA (who oddly enough, are back no under "new" leadership).

The demise of IMAA had nothing to do with the AMA, the first place to look for blame is at their former leadership. Period.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:19 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A quick search brings up many many threads on the issues with IMAA, going back years and years, 2006 was one particular year that stuck out.

Here is one such thread that contains a lot of information. Again, not one particular reason, but many.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ama-...imaa-dead.html