Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Old 10-17-2015, 03:59 PM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see it now . . . we will have to let murderers and rapists out of prison so we can make room for all the rogue R/C aircraft operators! I wonder if the police enforcement will patrol using drones? I'll probably have to start flying racing quads so I can outrun them!
Old 10-17-2015, 04:06 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

You've been castrated to believe this. It is a RIGHT.

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
I would have no problem with it. Even if it's an OS .55AX powered Great Planes Extra 300SP. Flying a model airplane, like driving a car, is a privilege. Not a right.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:31 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by TimJ
No RCMiket. The AMA spent big money to prevent the government from outright making R/C aircraft illegal of which the AMA successfully prevented that from happening.
Originally Posted by porcia83
Nope, they sure didn't.
"The AMA’s
role and responsibilities have
changed dramatically in that
time. We have had to spend
more than $1 million on
government relations to keep
model aviation free of onerous
restrictions and regulations."

So this doesn't fall under the above?

Mike
Old 10-17-2015, 04:44 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
notice, that, this is being done by the DOT, not the FAA.
our exemption from Faa regulation does not apply to the department of transportation.
Thank You Mongo , I appreciate the heads up about my mistaking the action as being on the FAA's part . Hopefully , since we aren't in the way of any transportation , in the way that drones are and will be more so in the future , we won't have to be registering every .40 sized ARF like the commercial operators will have to do . In all reality , would the DOT or the FAA (or anyone else) really want to have to maintain a database of every last Easystar or AirHogz foam toy sold ? I kinda doubt it will get to that point , but then again when ya got people prattling along about how they'd gladly register every stick of wood in their shop , well I guess anything's possible .......

Originally Posted by franklin_m
So AMA, how's that CBO thing working out so far? But don't worry, I'm sure there will be tens of thousands of quad pilots joining AMA any day now.
Yes Franklin , I too musta missed the huge stampede of drone flyers all rushing to sign up for AMA membership . The average drone flyer cares not one whit for the AMA , and the big time commercial drone operators will have no use for the AMA . It has long been my belief that drone operations really should not be of the AMA's concern and should have an entirely different organization representing them . Once recreation is no longer the focus of the flight , anything other than flight for flight's sake and nothing more , then the AMA has overstepped it;s bounds with our money and I'm really not all that pleased with what's become a seeming $$$ chase on the AMA's part .
Old 10-17-2015, 04:47 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
You've been castrated to believe this. It is a RIGHT.
+1 ........ Well said essyou35 ......
Old 10-17-2015, 04:51 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

So AMA, how's that CBO thing working out so far? But don't worry, I'm sure there will be tens of thousands of quad pilots joining AMA any day now.
Well, we're still waiting for the tens of thousands of PPP members to materialize...!
At least tens of thousands enough new members to bring that ill conceived fiasco back to Ground Zero.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:01 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Well, we're still waiting for the tens of thousands of PPP members to materialize...!
At least tens of thousands enough new members to bring that ill conceived fiasco back to Ground Zero.
So when does the membership get our million dollars back? Seems we didn't get much...by the AMA's own admission, their role is to prevent "onerous restrictions and regulations." I don't know about everyone else, but this member considers registration pretty onerous.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:29 PM
mordock999

We can only hope that government vision can undeestand the difference.
They WON'T. It's the "Government" Remember?
Old 10-17-2015, 05:32 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

So when does the membership get our million dollars back? Seems we didn't get much...by the AMA's own admission, their role is to prevent "onerous restrictions and regulations." I don't know about everyone else, but this member considers registration pretty onerous.
I wouldn't hold my breathe..!
People [Sheeple] who buy into the motion that you need to throw vast sums of money around in order to defend your rights are products of the "Easy Come, Easy Go" generation.
If the AMA's intentions are pure, the only message that needs to be conveyed is that "FPV / Drones is not something that we do and we are serving you notice of that fact".
We could have delivered that very plain and simple message to all parties concerned for the cost of stamps and envelopes.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:42 PM
mordock999

Originally Posted by w0mbat
I wonder if the police enforcement will patrol using drones?

Yep. That's ONE of the Reasons "They" want to CLEAR the Skies of ALL Civilian R/C Aircraft. "They" don't want YOU in the way of "Their" Law Drones. And the Government will make NO Distinction between Your Quad Copter and Your average R/C Heli.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:52 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully the AMA will FINALLY listen to their members and realize that we need to clearly separate ourselves from those that fly for anything other than the sheer joy of flight. It's not too late to protect the same freedom's that we have had for the last 80 years.

If the AMA chooses NOT to listen to the members and provide clear distinction between droning and traditional model aviation, they will be picking our pockets for yet ANOTHER MILLION $$ to fight the D.O.T.

Astro
Old 10-17-2015, 06:03 PM
franklin_m

Oh, and AMA, it would not appear that suing the FAA has earned us any good will either. ANOTHER waste of our membership money!
Old 10-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Was the AMA officially designated a CBO by the FAA?
Old 10-17-2015, 06:19 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

In the beginning of RC everyone was supposed to get a license. Very few did. The FCC gave up and let us alone. There simply is no way they can enforce such a law. They might try, but they might have better luck enforcing our immigration laws, and you know how well they do that.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:36 PM
JohnShe

Looks like we may have to? Waiting for more details.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...stered-n446266
They will have to pry my quarter scale fixed wing from my cold stiff fingers.

Aside from the obvious, this article has no credible source for the headline. It only repeats what we already know. let's see what the FAA really says on Monday. That is, if they say anything.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:09 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

will not make much sense to have the rx or the aircraft itself be the "serial number" part as those items are not what makes a model aircraft a "drone". the proper part to have registered in the flight control unit(FCU). that is the programmable auto stabilization and semi-autonomous flight capable part.

and dirty, the fcc gave up on cb licenses, not because of all the r/c guys, but because of the explosion of use of cb radio in the traveling population. if it wasn't for them swamping the system, we would still be required to have that license to operate, at least on 72mhz.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:13 AM
flyoz
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
I would have no problem with it. Even if it's an OS .55AX powered Great Planes Extra 300SP. Flying a model airplane, like driving a car, is a privilege. Not a right.
What an utterly sychophantic comment.
Of course its a right, just like driving a car. Its my planet so I will do what I choose so long as Im not impeding anyone else.
These idiotic clowns just want to control people and your comment shows how well they can do it.

PS no malice intended here just stating the obvious.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:15 AM
bikedriver
My Feedback: (83)

Yep - long reach! I hope they have an equally long visual capability. That way they can observe my extended middle finger!
Old 10-18-2015, 03:47 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
http://www.modelaircraft.org/gov/AMA...M_Comments.pdf
Old 10-18-2015, 04:10 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

So getting a tail number isn't registration ?
Getting a COA isn't registration ?
Why in the world is the DOT getting involved with "drones" ?
So do we now have to get a yearly state license? How about a little license plate and registration sticker fee ? Don't forget the inspection sticker fee and the new equipment garages will need to buy to perform such inspections. How about a nonsense emission test and the associated fees?
It's all about controlling you and taking more of your MONEY.

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 10-18-2015 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:12 AM
rcmiket

..by the AMA's own admission, their role is to prevent "onerous restrictions and regulations." I don't know about everyone else, but this member considers registration pretty onerous.
Me too but I guess to some it depends on what you definition of .onerous is. Too some this ain't it.

On several occasions the FAA mentions the AMA and it's safety rukes as the CBO.

Mike
Old 10-18-2015, 04:17 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

That document was published by the AMA.

My question was asking whether the FAA has officially designated the AMA as CBO?

The FAA does reference a CBO in AC 91-57A, but does not specifically name the AMA.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...mentID/1028086
Old 10-18-2015, 04:28 AM
rcmiket

That document was published by the AMA.

My question was asking whether the FAA has officially designated the AMA as CBO?

The FAA does reference a CBO in AC 91-57A, but does not specifically name the AMA.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...mentID/1028086
Yea they were talking about Sport Flyers..

Mike
Old 10-18-2015, 04:38 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Oh, and AMA, it would not appear that suing the FAA has earned us any good will either. ANOTHER waste of our membership money!
Wait, are you still an AMA member? I thought you quit, or were quitting. No more worries about where "our" money will be spent right?
Old 10-18-2015, 04:44 AM
JimmyZep

Registration leads to confiscation.

Jimmy, and yes I'm a Gun owner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.