Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:25 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
The all knowing always have all the correct answers except the winning lottery numbers....
Only idiots play the lotto especially in Illinois.

Mike
Old 11-24-2015, 02:26 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think Crispy has absorbed enough "intellectual reprogramming" for one day.
LOL.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:31 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by combatpigg
I think Crispy has absorbed enough "intellectual reprogramming" for one day.
LOL.

Big question is will he comprehend it?

Mike
Old 11-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Only idiots play the lotto especially in Illinois.

Mike
Texas sure spends a lot more than Illinois on the lottery. However, if you're referring to the AMA, they're not even in Illinois to begin with, they're in Indiana. And Texas sure spends a hell of a lot more on the lottery than Indiana does.

http://www.naspl.org/index.cfm?fusea...17&pageid=1025
Old 11-24-2015, 03:00 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Texas sure spends a lot more than Illinois on the lottery. However, if you're referring to the AMA, they're not even in Illinois to begin with, they're in Indiana. And Texas sure spends a hell of a lot more on the lottery than Indiana does.

Just imagine an elected official spending The People's Time this way during the day...every day..?
No wonder so many of them do not think that $1MM is a lot of money.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:27 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lamoilleriver
If I felt that the AMA was going to supply politicians with large campaign contributions, foreign exotic location "junkets", expensive trinkets and prostitutes, than maybe I would feel better about us receiving favorable treatment.

Originally Posted by porcia83
haha...you're thinking about the other AMA.......
We ounce had neighbor that like to run his dogs in the swamp we flew over and started a big hullabaloo with the town board cause he didn't like us flying over HIS swamp. Anyway long story short we invited him and his 11 year old son (Really the whole family) to a monthly club meeting. Well we passed out a raffle ticket out to everyone that came through the door. The door prize was a complete donated trainer system & flight box w/ radio and fuel. Well guess who won it. We made sure anytime the young man wanted to fly there was a club instructor there to help him. Problem solved. Now how many Senators congressmen or DOT/FAA officials have 11 year old grandchildren?
A lot cheaper than donating to their campaign fund, too.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
If I felt that the AMA was going to supply politicians with large campaign contributions, foreign exotic location "junkets", expensive trinkets and prostitutes, than maybe I would feel better about us receiving favorable treatment.

We ounce had neighbor that like to run his dogs in the swamp we flew over and started a big hullabaloo with the town board cause he didn't like us flying over HIS swamp. Anyway long story short we invited him and his 11 year old son (Really the whole family) to a monthly club meeting. Well we passed out a raffle ticket out to everyone that came through the door. The door prize was a complete donated trainer system & flight box w/ radio and fuel. Well guess who won it. We made sure anytime the young man wanted to fly there was a club instructor there to help him. Problem solved. Now how many Senators congressmen or DOT/FAA officials have 11 year old grandchildren?

Good job!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:35 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by HoundDog

Fantastic story, and a great example of how creativity and those amazing things called "people skills" can be put to good use. Bringing folks into the field and showing them what the club and the hobby about is a HUGE way of solving problems before they start. It can work at many many levels.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:59 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Fantastic story, and a great example of how creativity and those amazing things called "people skills" can be put to good use. Bringing folks into the field and showing them what the club and the hobby about is a HUGE way of solving problems before they start. It can work at many many levels.
Is it me or are things beginning to sound more like a Siskel and Ebert review around here?
Old 11-24-2015, 08:11 PM
franklin_m

So you're whining because the AMA is whining?
No. I'm disappointed that the AMA is so tone deaf to how things work that complaining in a press release about not being able to file a dissenting opinion looks amateurish and unprofessional. Both further diminish credibility.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:12 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Folks who have little respect for the value of a dollar do not think that $1 MM is a lot of money.
I wish to live long enough to see their beliefs and values rigorously tested should our economy ever fail.
Oh, and I'm sure it's way more than that when you start talking lawyer's fees. Suing the government in Federal court isn't likely cheap.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:14 PM
franklin_m

Look we all know it's fun to spend money even more fun if no one asks on what or ask about results.

Mike
Excellent point...it's apparently just sooooo unreasonable of us to ask them to be accountable for lack of results for that $1 million.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
No. I'm disappointed that the AMA is so tone deaf to how things work that complaining in a press release about not being able to file a dissenting opinion looks amateurish and unprofessional. Both further diminish credibility.
No different than the guys who complain about being denied a grant, yet, never submitted an application for said grant.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:42 PM
franklin_m

No different than the guys who complain about being denied a grant, yet, never submitted an application for said grant.
It is quite different; they're using our money to pay a PR firm to help come up with that garbage. And that on top of the $1 million they've already spent w/o much to show for it.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:10 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I hope all my fellow flying friends here at the AMA forum have a great Thanksgiving !

And yes , I do mean ALL , , even if we've disagreed in the past on some viewpoint or other , we're ALL fellow flyers and are all init4 the same reason , having fun with things that fly !

Last edited by init4fun; 11-25-2015 at 04:12 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:32 AM
rcmiket

The difference is Texas pays out to the winners. What the heck does the AMA have t do with the lottery in Ill.? Always looking for a argument aren't you.
When I said only a fool would play the lottery it was due to the odds nothing more. Ill. froze payouts over $600.00 due to budget issues. They apparently pissed the money away rather than pay out. Hey wait a minute speaking of pissing away funds

.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-over-600.html

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-25-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:58 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by init4fun
I hope all my fellow flying friends here at the AMA forum have a great Thanksgiving !

And yes , I do mean ALL , , even if we've disagreed in the past on some viewpoint or other , we're ALL fellow flyers and are all init4 the same reason , having fun with things that fly !
I see what you did there.......and I echo the sentiment. I hope everyone gets off of their porcias and goes flying tomorrow. Nope, doesn't work.

Gobble gobble.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:12 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

It is quite different; they're using our money to pay a PR firm to help come up with that garbage. And that on top of the $1 million they've already spent w/o much to show for it.
It's no different at all. Credibility is credibility.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:13 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

The difference is Texas pays out to the winners. What the heck does the AMA have t do with the lottery in Ill.? Always looking for a argument aren't you.
When I said only a fool would play the lottery it was due to the odds nothing more. Ill. froze payouts over $600.00 due to budget issues. They apparently pissed the money away rather than pay out. Hey wait a minute speaking of pissing away funds

.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-over-600.html

Mike
Am I reading this correctly? They cannot payout winnings, but are still selling tickets that they cannot pay out on? How exactly is this legal?
Old 11-25-2015, 05:24 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by mike1974
Am I reading this correctly? They cannot payout winnings, but are still selling tickets that they cannot pay out on? How exactly is this legal?
It's a way to get their budget passed. Typical liberal B.S. Legal ? Since when is that a issue? Both my children live up there so I'm interested in what's happening. .

Mike
Old 11-25-2015, 05:37 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by mike1974
Because they plan to payout at a latter date.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:39 AM
philakapd

Originally Posted by init4fun

Thanks for the well wishes. May you all have a wonderful holiday and safe flying adventures. I have the truck loaded ready for a weekend of flying. I just need to remove the wheels and install the snow gear. I'll double check to make sure my homemade AMA stickers are still located in the fuselage. I don't want to take any chances when the FAA comes to the farm and inspects my sUAV. After all they do weigh more than 250grams.

-Clear Skies to All

PD
Old 11-25-2015, 06:15 AM
rcollector

I guess I'm missing something here. I've been into r/c in one way or another a long time. I Actually prefer boats over other stuff. What I don't understand is that it seems most of the trouble starts when people strap a camera on their model be it fpv or a plain old gopro. That's when some careless pilots fly close to people , planes. wildlife, ladies in bathing suits or just real high. Wouldn't most problems have be solved by requiring large registration numbers displayed on the outside when any model is being flown off of private property or over a certain height for purposes using cameras? The FAA could be sure all registered owners confirmed they understand they need to abide by certain safety rules. It just seems to me the camera is the one thing added causing most trouble? I suppose with this rule the multi rotor industry would feel singled out so for protection and safety in numbers they are hiding among all modelers... Kind of an all or nothing scenario?? Also I know I'm just wasting my breath but that's how this looks to me.I don't post here much anymore but I have been sitting here scratching my head on this one. I think the biggest threat "drones" pose at this time is loss of privacy . After all is said and done you can bet those wanting to spy on us the most will be well protected by law.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:22 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by philakapd
Thanks for the well wishes. May you all have a wonderful holiday and safe flying adventures. I have the truck loaded ready for a weekend of flying. I just need to remove the wheels and install the snow gear. I'll double check to make sure my homemade AMA stickers are still located in the fuselage. I don't want to take any chances when the FAA comes to the farm and inspects my sUAV. After all they do weigh more than 250grams.

-Clear Skies to All

PD
Hmm, I hadn't thought of them requiring registering of existing models that I am not flying. Would it be exempt if it still had crash damage? I suppose that I should register them or the ATF will report them to the FAA when they grab my guns!
Old 11-25-2015, 06:31 AM
757jonp
My Feedback: (48)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My recommendations would have been that the registration number would have been affixed to a sheet of 3/4 in 4x8 birch plywood and secured by a 12 ft logging chain to anything the flies using FPV. Problem solved!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.