Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 02:56 PM
jatoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HoundDog
This is not directed at any one person but pretty much all here and AMA members in general. Where do U expect the million or so Quads (drones) expected to be sold this Xmas to be flown if we don't accept them and make room for them to fly at a SAFE environment, Maybe we should give them permission to fly over our houses and property. A lot of Traditional R/C fliers don't like (HATE) helies/3D/Pattern/Imack. U here it all the time OH now the A-Whole is going to fly right over the runway or not fly a pattern. Well if U can't be patient for 6 minutes while your fellow club member ( How paid the same DUES U did) flies his Heli/Quad/IMAC ect.for 6 minutes Then maybe U should sell your TOY airplanes and tale up sail boats or TOY Trains. U certainly don't have the attitude to be in and organization where U have to get along with your fellow flyers members. What makes us think these people even want to be associated with a bunch of O'L Grouchy Geezers, that don't like/want change. Anyway that JMHO and will probably get all kinds of negative feed back. So Be it.
Very well stated. You get positive feedback from me!
Old 11-29-2015, 03:03 PM
jatoRC

Originally Posted by porcia83
You must be new around here, the AMA threads aren't really meant for praising the AMA, or even for admitting you like them. Might wanna be careful ..you'll get labeled a Glee Club member.

The AMA certainly has embraced all types of model aviation changes throughout their 70 plus years, that's for sure.
I'm not one who cares about labels, good or bad.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:06 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by HoundDog
This is not directed at any one person but pretty much all here and AMA members in general. Where do U expect the million or so Quads (drones) expected to be sold this Xmas to be flown if we don't accept them and make room for them to fly at a SAFE environment, Maybe we should give them permission to fly over our houses and property. A lot of Traditional R/C fliers don't like (HATE) helies/3D/Pattern/Imack. U here it all the time OH now the A-Whole is going to fly right over the runway or not fly a pattern. Well if U can't be patient for 6 minutes while your fellow club member ( How paid the same DUES U did) flies his Heli/Quad/IMAC ect.for 6 minutes Then maybe U should sell your TOY airplanes and tale up sail boats or TOY Trains. U certainly don't have the attitude to be in and organization where U have to get along with your fellow flyers members. What makes us think these people even want to be associated with a bunch of O'L Grouchy Geezers, that don't like/want change. Anyway that JMHO and will probably get all kinds of negative feed back. So Be it.
Understood but considering that a huge majority that will and have been sold have cameras that guys want to use. Most flying fields do not offer what they want to photograph. While they would be welcome with open arms chances are pretty slim they will show up. Just not "scenic" enough for them.

.Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-29-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:56 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jatoRC
I'm not one who cares about labels, good or bad.
+1....if we're building or flying and having fun,who cares right?
Old 11-29-2015, 04:02 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Understood but considering that a huge majority that will and have been sold have cameras that guys want to use. Most flying fields do not offer what they want to photograph. While they would be welcome with open arms chances are pretty slim they will show up. Just not "scenic" enough for them.

.Mike
Ad a few more to the list...just came back from the local grocery store, this was right by the registers! The good (or bad news) is that plenty of people will buy these and other MR's...crash them once or twice, realize there are no replacement parts, then into the landfill they will go!
Old 11-29-2015, 04:12 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by combatpigg
You only take part in what amounts to 1/2 of what I do in MY hobby, yet you think you are qualified to tell me how I should do it.
In all fairness, you have no idea what parts of the hobby I take part in, or what my total time investment is. Because I don't focus on building doesn't mean I don't do other things as well. I don't think I told you how to do "it", merely suggested that I have other ideas on how to participate and promote the hobby. I wouldn't think your time in the hobby, or the fact that you build would preclude you from keeping an eye and ear out for new or different ideas. To each their own. As long as your content and happy with what you do, it's all good.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

My issue,

"It all started when they got in bed with the "droners" and decided to go all in with them."

I explained what they were here.

" there the things you and porcia83 just knew that were the only things that would need to be registered when the task force "recommendations" were released. "

I'm sorry your having such a tough time with this but maybe it's for the better in the long run.
No one else here seems to have a problem with figuring it out. Must be hard to be that "one" that just can't grasp it.

Mike
Maybe you should hold the drone salesman accountable. No salesman, no drones.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:10 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Maybe you should hold the drone salesman accountable. No salesman, no drones.

Maybe I should hold the internet provider responsible. No internet no bacon or whoever you are...............................................

Mike
Old 11-29-2015, 05:13 PM
rcmiket

Your offer? What was your offer, I must have missed it.

Clarify why you think I should run for office, other than to pull some kind of weird dare/stunt here? What purpose would that serve? LoL. I'm absolutely fine with the way my district VP has handled himself throughout the past few years. I'm not the one chronically complaining about the AMA and what's going on, what purpose would running against an almost unbeatable VP serve again? Do you think anyone here can't see the ploy...I say no, then you pounce and say SEE..I know you wouldn't. How silly. C'mon now...there is no way you actually think that in order to be involved in a positive way with the AMA, that one has to run for office. You can't right? Certainly you realize the myriad of ways that one can promote the hobby and the AMA without holding any kind of elected office, or even being appointed or heck, even volunteering. That can't be what you are thinking right?

So to recap, I need to agree to run to office to satisfy you? Even though I'm o/k (in general) with the way my district and the AMA is being run. Again, props to you for all that you do, you keep plugging away, and I'll do the same. I work for the AMA and so do you, so do all of us who hold an AMA card and number. Every day we go out and fly safely and have fun and help others, we do the work of the AMA. Just think of how successful the local clubs and even the AMA as a whole would be if everyone took the same time and positive energy.
I'll cut thru the BS and get right to the point. You think all of us should run for office. I think you should set the example and run yourself. You know lead by example. In reality I think your full of it and this is some sort of game to you.
Put up or shut up it's just that simple.

Mike.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:34 PM
porcia83
Banned

I'll cut thru the BS and get right to the point. You think all of us should run for office. I think you should set the example and run yourself. You know lead by example. In reality I think your full of it and this is some sort of game to you.
Put up or shut up it's just that simple.

Mike.
You have created a strawman here my friend, plain and simple, and continue to twist my words to fit your narrative. I have never said that everyone here should run for office, not once. I appreciate the fact that you think I'l full of it, I'll kindly note that I'll have to disagree with you on that one. At the end of the day I feel absolutely no inclination to "prove" something to you, I'm comfortable, and more important confident enough to let my actions speak on my behalf (but just to set you at ease, I got everything you got and them some...does it make any difference though?) Anything I listed would just be dismissed anyway, unlike what I did in praising you for your efforts. I don't need to broadcast them out to the world to gain some type of bizarre street cred to some folks on an internet site. Again, it's irrelevant and a red herring for you to throw out there. I'm not screaming about the past decisions or advocating for some big new change, so running for office is just a silly notion. It's also a pretty thankless job, as evidenced by comments here.

To those that have chronically complained, I merely asked what they had done, or what they will do in the future to affect change. Simple as that. I think you actually do feel that in order to do that one has to run for some elected office. How unfortunate that you've missed all of the good things that each member can do, each volunteer, your AVP's, your fellow clubs etc.

I still didn't get what your offer was though....was it the put up or shut up thing? Was that an offer? Or was the offer you will run for office if I do? LoL....c'mon man.

Meanwhile...as I look back 2000 posts and note the title of this thread, as of now we still won't need to register our planes. So there's that........

Last edited by porcia83; 11-29-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

In all fairness, you have no idea what parts of the hobby I take part in, or what my total time investment is. Because I don't focus on building doesn't mean I don't do other things as well. I don't think I told you how to do "it", merely suggested that I have other ideas on how to participate and promote the hobby. I wouldn't think your time in the hobby, or the fact that you build would preclude you from keeping an eye and ear out for new or different ideas. To each their own. As long as your content and happy with what you do, it's all good.
Then I trust you've learned your lesson and wont try going down this road again.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:02 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget Moto Guzzi, zoom zoom.
this was such an off-the-wall post, I have to ask. Do you own a Guzzi?

Astro
Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, now I know you must be giving the troll some more fodder.
Of course he doesn't.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:11 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Then I trust you've learned your lesson and wont try going down this road again.
Well I've yet to learn a lesson from you, but I'll let you know when I do. Fair enough?
Old 11-29-2015, 06:18 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
this was such an off-the-wall post, I have to ask. Do you own a Guzzi?

Astro
No more off the wall than your question. Are you following along in the conversation, or just sorting my comments? Did you read the comments that preceded mine? If not, do so, you'll get the context. Must I currently own a MG to comment, or may I have in the past? Is this an important question for you?
Old 11-29-2015, 06:22 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Continuing to get stranger and stranger which only supports what we are all seeing.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:33 PM
astrohog

No more off the wall than your question. Are you following along in the conversation, or just sorting my comments? Did you read the comments that preceded mine? If not, do so, you'll get the context. Must I currently own a MG to comment, or may I have in the past? Is this an important question for you?
WOW! Bit defensive are we?

I simply asked if you owned a Moto Guzzi.

Moto Guzzi is an off-the-wall brand. Thought it was really off-the-wall to have been mentioned in a modeling forum. I happen to own one. Your comment made me wonder if you might own one as well.

So much for that........think I'll go snack on some turkey!

Astro
Old 11-29-2015, 06:36 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
WOW! Bit defensive are we?

I simply asked if you owned a Moto Guzzi.

Moto Guzzi is an off-the-wall brand. Thought it was really off-the-wall to have been mentioned in a modeling forum. I happen to own one. Your comment made me wonder if you might own one as well.

So much for that........think I'll go snack on some turkey!

Astro
Turkey BLTs......

Spent over 10 years in Greece and Italy, they were pretty common there, not so much here. In 10 years I don't think I ever saw a Harley there, they were too expensive and the gas prices were insane even in the 80's and 90's.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:41 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Turkey BLTs......

Spent over 10 years in Greece and Italy, they were pretty common there, not so much here. In 10 years I don't think I ever saw a Harley there, they were too expensive and the gas prices were insane even in the 80's and 90's.
So weird, there were far more lower cost two strokes running around the streets in those days,as this was and is, an expensive motorcycle. You make no sense at all, but you do continue to raise your post count and RCU hits.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:44 PM
astrohog

Turkey BLTs......
Nope, just turkey, I still have an aversion to bacon.

Astro
Old 11-29-2015, 06:45 PM
porcia83
Banned

Ha...good one!
Old 11-29-2015, 06:48 PM
porcia83
Banned

Meanwhile....this was released today, almost 100k hits.

Could have done without the commentary, would have cut a good minute off of the video. Interesting still....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MXo_d6tNWuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-29-2015, 07:25 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Default From deflection to distraction.

Meanwhile, as another sun sets we are happy to share with you the shot taken Thanksgiving day in the Southland .
Someone was probably out riding a Velocette, Ariel, Britten or even a Harley whilst Porcia was key punching away.
Some one was up off their ass taking this.
God Bless America.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sunset.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2133120  
Old 11-29-2015, 07:29 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Well I've yet to learn a lesson from you, but I'll let you know when I do. Fair enough?
You should have learned that telling me [and others] how wecould better use our time instead of wasting our time posting here makes you look like a ridiculous hypocrite.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Rob2160

Meanwhile....this was released today, almost 100k hits.

Could have done without the commentary, would have cut a good minute off of the video. Interesting still....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MXo_d6tNWuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yes very interesting, The hybrid is a better design than the earlier Amazon prototypes, longer range and endurance.

Like any new technology some will embrace and enjoy it while others fear or resent it. Human nature doesn't change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.