Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 05:37 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You posted the picture of "Santa" holding the racing quad....not me . Why are you confused ?
Old 12-01-2015, 05:45 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
You posted the picture of "Santa" holding the racing quad....not me . Why are you confused ?
I posted our leader holding a quad, apparently his new idea of what the direction of the organization should be. Confused not me a picture is worth a thousand words.

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I posted our leader holding a quad, apparently his new idea of what the direction of the organization should be. Confused not me a picture is worth a thousand words.

Mike
Maybe not a thousand words. apparently this is another idea of his?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151201_085823131.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	2133397  
Old 12-01-2015, 06:06 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Mike
What's wrong with quads?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:12 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
What's wrong with quads?
Nothing,Never said there was. Wish we would have put more effort in defining and protecting what we had,

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Sport_Pilot

Nothing,Never said there was. Wish we would have put more effort in defining and protecting what we had,

Mike

Why not protecting the airspace instead? If Amazon has their way we will only have 200 feet to play with not 400.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:15 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by porcia83
Maybe not a thousand words. apparently this is another idea of his?
Last months was a quad also would you like me to post that one? . I'd check more issues but tossed them.

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 06:16 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Why not protecting the airspace instead? If Amazon has their way we will only have 200 feet to play with not 400.
Isn't that covered in " defining and protecting what we had"?

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Sport_Pilot

Isn't that covered in " defining and protecting what we had"?

Mike
What we had was unlimited airspace. What we have is only 400 feet.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:28 AM
rcmiket

What we had was unlimited airspace. What we have is only 400 feet.
I skimmed the "recommendations" and saw nothing about that. maybe I missed it. The AMA has always had the below in the Safety Code.

c) Not fly higher than approximately 400 feet above ground level within three (3) miles of an airport without notifying the airport operator

This is mentioned in AC91-57 but "should" is not must. Of course that could change at the drop of a hat.

e.Model aircraft operators should follow best practices including limiting operations to 400 feet above ground level (AGL).

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 12-01-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:45 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I skimmed the "recommendations" and saw nothing about that. maybe I missed it. The AMA has always had the below in the Safety Code.

c) Not fly higher than approximately 400 feet above ground level within three (3) miles of an airport without notifying the airport operator

This is mentioned in AC91-57 but "should" is not must. Of course that could change at the drop of a hat.

e.Model aircraft operators should follow best practices including limiting operations to 400 feet above ground level (AGL).

Mike
I've lost count of how many times this has been stated to you, but AC 91-57 has been cancelled.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...cumentid/22425

Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; 12-01-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:52 AM
Sport_Pilot

Mike
That is what we had. What we have now is an new AC and the 400 foot limit is stated differently and will likely be backed up by regulation. This process is driven by the retailers who want to take another 200 feet from us. That is to limit us to 200 feet. A fast giant scale can't even do a good loop under that altitude.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:59 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Some fields just don't accommodate choppers of any kind and that is their call.

Your "Drone" ceases to be a drone once you ditch the camera and other non-essential gear so that you can enjoy flying it manually as a quadcopter [or whatever it is].

Then U fly your stick built creation with a Rubber band and 3 channel radio. That's just what U are saying to Progress. I suppose that if a young kids comes to your field and wants to learn with say an apprentice or one of the new planes with GPS and auto land U would run him off.

Originally Posted by jatoRC
My local field has a airstrip for planes and a section for helis, but they don't allow "drones". You say it ceases to be a drone if I remove the camera and other gear? One of my helis has a NAZA-H (DJI) controller with GPS, when I put a camera on it, it's a drone. But because it has 2 rotors and not 4 or more it deemed acceptable. Why is that?
jatoRC;
Again these guys all don't like it cause they don't do it. Just let one of the
"IN CROWED" get one they will all to a man now believe it the greatest thing since control line. Most of these guys turn out to end up being Hypocrites when it comes right down to it. All the clbs I belong to (5) tere always a few that if they don't participate in it now one should. They complain when ever some one that paid the same dues as they get all bent out of shape over some one taking up too much airspace or what ever for 6 to 10 minutes. Every club has these types, and U know I'm right.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:11 AM
rcmiket

I've lost count of how many times this has been stated to you, but AC 91-57 has been cancelled.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...cumentid/22425
I was referring to AC91-57A In which the 400ft limit is once again should not must.

Again this may change at any time.

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 AM
porcia83
Banned

Last months was a quad also would you like me to post that one? . I'd check more issues but tossed them.

Mike
I doubt you want to post them all...it would serve to further undermine the weak attempt at painting the picture of him in a negative way, or to fit your immediate purpose. I'm reminded of the guy who complained about all the covers of the AMA that had drones on them and after pointing out there was only one, had to admit he was wrong. Post 'em up, let those pictures tell thousands of words!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 AM
Sport_Pilot

Actually an AC cannot make any demands they are only advisories. However I expect regulations to limit us to 400 feet or maybe less if Amazon has their way.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:16 AM
rcmiket

That is what we had. What we have now is an new AC and the 400 foot limit is stated differently and will likely be backed up by regulation. This process is driven by the retailers who want to take another 200 feet from us. That is to limit us to 200 feet. A fast giant scale can't even do a good loop under that altitude.
We have no such limit right now. That could change.

From AC 91-57A Sept 2, 2015 (replacing AC 91-57 for Bacon or whoever he is)

Again AMA focus should have been protecting what we have/had.

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I was referring to AC91-57A In which the 400ft limit is once again should not must.

Again this may change at any time.

Mike
Then you should state AC 91-57A and not AC 91-57.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:18 AM
rcmiket

I doubt you want to post them all...it would serve to further undermine the weak attempt at painting the picture of him in a negative way, or to fit your immediate purpose. I'm reminded of the guy who complained about all the covers of the AMA that had drones on them and after pointing out there was only one, had to admit he was wrong. Post 'em up, let those pictures tell thousands of words!

What is in the past is done. I'm now focused on the future. Since you brought it up. I'm reminded of the guy who just knew "registration" would not include us only multi rotors and we were "dome and gloom" for thinking that way..

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 12-01-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:21 AM
rcmiket

Then you should state AC 91-57A and not AC 91-57.
Yes I should have, my fault. The bottom line did not change did it?

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 07:25 AM
porcia83
Banned

What is in the past is done. I'm now focused on the future. Since you brought it up. I'm reminded of the guy who just knew "registration" would not include us only multi rotors and we were "dome and gloom" for thinking that way..

Mike
Wasn't that the same guy who said each aircraft wouldn't need to be registered when many of the folks were forecasting that doom and gloom? C'mon..I thought you gave credit where credit was due? I strive for 100% accuracy on predictions....If I hit 95% I'm still doin o/k in my book.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:29 AM
rcmiket

Wasn't that the same guy who said each aircraft wouldn't need to be registered when many of the folks were forecasting that doom and gloom? C'mon..I thought you gave credit where credit was due? I strive for 100% accuracy on predictions....If I hit 95% I'm still doin o/k in my book.
Registration is registration any way you spin it. One or 20 pilot or air frame it's the same.

Mike
Old 12-01-2015, 07:34 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Originally Posted by combatpigg
Some fields just don't accommodate choppers of any kind and that is their call.

Your "Drone" ceases to be a drone once you ditch the camera and other non-essential gear so that you can enjoy flying it manually as a quadcopter [or whatever it is].

Then U fly your stick built creation with a Rubber band and 3 channel radio. That's just what U are saying to Progress. I suppose that if a young kids comes to your field and wants to learn with say an apprentice or one of the new planes with GPS and auto land U would run him off.

You assume wrong.
Once again, stick to Apples to Apples comparisons when you fabricate your hypothetical scenarios.
As long as we are flying with just our eyeballs and can override ALL automatic controls with our thumbs, we are good to go.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:36 AM
porcia83
Banned

Registration is registration any way you spin it. One or 20 pilot or air frame it's the same.

Mike
Eh? Struggling with number this morning? One pilot registration is a far cry from one pilot and 25 airplanes. You are trying way to hard to disagree with me today......I'm still looking for some credit...gimmie a taste won't ya?
Old 12-01-2015, 07:55 AM
rcmiket

Eh? Struggling with number this morning? One pilot registration is a far cry from one pilot and 25 airplanes. You are trying way to hard to disagree with me today......I'm still looking for some credit...gimmie a taste won't ya?
Credit for what? You said we would not be effected by the registration process I countered with it didn't look good for us. Was it as bad as it could have been? Well It's not over yet is it? You were wrong. I don't understand what you want credit for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.