Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Drones Including Ground based are going to be so prevalent in the next 5 to 10 years. No one will give it another thought . Who even imagined 100 years ago the skies would have over a quarter Million Registered airplanes and thousands, caring 90 to 380 passengers all over the world. There are 252.6 million Cars and trucks on 3,980,817 miles of roads in the United States,No won could have even fathomed anything like that100 years ago. Not even 70 years ago.

We have the Technology today to put hundreds of thousands of robotic vehicles on the road and in the air Especially if they are not all going to the same place at the same time as our hub and spoke system of air travel today. Just saying in 5 to 10 years it will all be a moot point. First the Enroute ATC will slowly disappear then Towers at air ports will disappear and computers will control every thing that flies . The FAA knows that that's why they are Fighting for control of every airborne vehicle and as much airspace as the possibly can, All in hopes they will still be a viable entity ounce the FAA MODERNIZATION AND REFORM ACT OF2012 is put into full affect and eliminates thousand of controllers jobs. They will be replaced by computer repair, programing and installers.The technology is already here. The FAA is still in the dark ages of air space control.

That doesn't mean we should not FIGHT as one common body for our right not Privilege to our piece of the air space around us. Traditional R/V Model air planes have never been a problem, even above 400'AGL. It's time to stop bickering and nit picking about someones choice of font or name calling and figure a way to have the FAA Tackle the real problem of the uneducated ill informed people flying Non-Traditional "QUADS MR's DRONES" Where, When, & How they are not to be flown. If fail to accomplish that we deserve to be regulated out of our own Piece of the SKY. Now it is our choice. If U/we continue to bicker about nothing, then U/We/Me are a big part of the Problem Not the Solution. Remember we have the power, if we choose to be United .Divided we all will be regulated out of existence. Your choice. Simple as that.

We have the technology for each of us to have aircraft and fly but the FAA made it too expensive and the rules to difficult. They even tried to make quad cars that will take off from you driveway and Burt Rutan set up an electronic navigation system called "highways in the sky" But the FAA had none of that. So we will see.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:25 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Drones Including Ground based are going to be so prevalent in the next 5 to 10 years. No one will give it another thought . Who even imagined 100 years ago the skies would have over a quarter Million Registered airplanes and thousands, caring 90 to 380 passengers all over the world. There are 252.6 million Cars and trucks on 3,980,817 miles of roads in the United States,No won could have even fathomed anything like that100 years ago. Not even 70 years ago.

We have the Technology today to put hundreds of thousands of robotic vehicles on the road and in the air Especially if they are not all going to the same place at the same time as our hub and spoke system of air travel today. Just saying in 5 to 10 years it will all be a moot point. First the Enroute ATC will slowly disappear then Towers at air ports will disappear and computers will control every thing that flies . The FAA knows that that's why they are Fighting for control of every airborne vehicle and as much airspace as the possibly can, All in hopes they will still be a viable entity ounce the FAAMODERNIZATION AND REFORM ACT OF2012 is put into full affect and eliminates thousand of controllers jobs. They will be replaced by computer repair, programing and installers.The technology is already here. The FAA is still in the dark ages of air space control.

That doesn't mean we should not FIGHT as one common body for our right not Privilege to our piece of the air space around us. Traditional R/V Model air planes have never been a problem, even above 400'AGL. It's time to stop bickering and nit picking about someones choice of font or name calling and figure a way to have the FAA Tackle the real problem of the uneducated ill informed people flying Non-Traditional "QUADS MR's DRONES" Where, When, & How they are not to be flown. If fail to accomplish that we deserve to be regulated out of our own Piece of the SKY. Now it is our choice. If U/we continue to bicker about nothing, then U/We/Me are a big part of the Problem Not the Solution. Remember we have the power, if we choose to be United .Divided we all will be regulated out of existence. Your choice. Simple as that

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
We have the technology for each of us to have aircraft and fly but the FAA made it too expensive and the rules to difficult. They even tried to make quad cars that will take off from you driveway and Burt Rutan set up an electronic navigation system called "highways in the sky" But the FAA had none of that. So we will see.
FAA made it too expensive and the rules to difficult.
The problem here this part (Legislative/Enforcement) branch/part is NOT going away any time soon. but then I believe the FAA is running scared (The Rank and File) that is ... They know that Technology can and will some day replace 99.9% of controllers. FSS personal ATC Air Traffic Controllers have been Ferload and their jobs went to private contractors. Next to the computer. Anyone can a complete flight plan briefing and never talk to a selist. the ATC system is so archaic that It's just a mater of time.

A good friend of mine (32 years @ TWA) his daughter has 17 years in ATC and is worried she won't make her 20. My daughter is a work at home mom .. medical transcription the company she works for just assigned her nes
Old 01-24-2016, 08:05 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES !! it's about time....fvck the droners... zap them right outta the sky !!!

http://features.aol.com/video/drone-...%3D-1182417005
Old 01-24-2016, 09:41 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Brilliant idea, zap them so they fall out of the sky uncontrollably. That will solve the problem of damaging property and person, for sure!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:27 PM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by wahoo
YES !! it's about time....fvck the droners... zap them right outta the sky !!!

http://features.aol.com/video/drone-...%3D-1182417005
Well what a surprise! I ridiculous, obnoxious remark by a Steeler fan. #Who-Dey!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Sorry ..I couldn't find the sarcasm emoti....
Old 01-25-2016, 02:09 AM
porcia83
Banned

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/are...ast-1754847849

An interesting comment in the article too.

Drones are getting to be big business. Even Disney wants to make an exemption to its “no fly” zone so it can fly drones of its own:
Disney loved its no-fly zone — until it wanted to fly its own drones
Quotes:
“Disney is asking the government for an exemption to the no-fly restrictions so that it can launch flocks of drones over Disney World and Disneyland, a move that has resurfaced frustrations and a debate in the aviation world over the merits of the no-fly zone.

“It was controversial that [Disney was] able to get those put in place in the first instance,” said Enrico Schaefer, a lawyer handling drone litigation at Traverse Legal. “Now for them to come back to ask for the exemption to fly within these areas that are restricted, it just seems like salt in the wounds to a lot of other folks in the aviation community.
Critics say Disney used its lobbying muscle in Washington to block aerial advertisers under the guise of national security concerns after the 9/11 terror attacks. It was a win for Disney, which is no longer troubled with planes towing banners over the Magic Kingdom. Now Cinderella Castle and Tom Sawyer Island have the same kind of protections reserved for the White House and U.S. Capitol.”
“While Disney wants to be exempt from the no-fly zone, it also wants the federal government to bend its rules for how businesses use drones.”
===================================

The lawyers are going to rake in a lot of money over this .......
Old 01-25-2016, 07:42 AM
mike1974

Originally Posted by porcia83
http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/are...ast-1754847849

An interesting comment in the article too.

Drones are getting to be big business. Even Disney wants to make an exemption to its “no fly” zone so it can fly drones of its own:
Disney loved its no-fly zone — until it wanted to fly its own drones
Quotes:
“Disney is asking the government for an exemption to the no-fly restrictions so that it can launch flocks of drones over Disney World and Disneyland, a move that has resurfaced frustrations and a debate in the aviation world over the merits of the no-fly zone.

“It was controversial that [Disney was] able to get those put in place in the first instance,” said Enrico Schaefer, a lawyer handling drone litigation at Traverse Legal. “Now for them to come back to ask for the exemption to fly within these areas that are restricted, it just seems like salt in the wounds to a lot of other folks in the aviation community.
Critics say Disney used its lobbying muscle in Washington to block aerial advertisers under the guise of national security concerns after the 9/11 terror attacks. It was a win for Disney, which is no longer troubled with planes towing banners over the Magic Kingdom. Now Cinderella Castle and Tom Sawyer Island have the same kind of protections reserved for the White House and U.S. Capitol.”
“While Disney wants to be exempt from the no-fly zone, it also wants the federal government to bend its rules for how businesses use drones.”
===================================

The lawyers are going to rake in a lot of money over this .......
So apparently it is "safe" for Disney to fly "flocks" of drones over thousands of people and attractions, but I get flamed for flying BLOS with a foam glider in the middle of nowhere with no air traffic???? Just wow!!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:51 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike1974
So apparently it is "safe" for Disney to fly "flocks" of drones over thousands of people and attractions, but I get flamed for flying BLOS with a foam glider in the middle of nowhere with no air traffic???? Just wow!!!!
+1

I stole the pic from another thread. It seems relevant!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	2143454  
Old 01-25-2016, 08:21 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by mike1974
Did I miss something...I don't believe I ever flamed you?
Old 01-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Sport_Pilot

OMG you missed somebody!
Old 01-25-2016, 08:51 AM
mike1974

No man, it was not directed at you.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
porcia83
Banned

K thanks, I didn't think I did that.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:04 AM
porcia83
Banned

OMG you missed somebody!
You be nice.......you're grumpy today.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:23 AM
TimJ

The FAA is reporting 300,000 are now registered within the first 30 days....
Old 01-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by TimJ
The FAA is reporting 300,000 are now registered within the first 30 days....
The rate is slowing down and there are millions of owners out there.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:42 AM
porcia83
Banned

Wow!
Old 01-25-2016, 09:51 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

This affirms our original thoughts that the bulk simply won't register. It may wind up being around 30-40% that do.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Luchnia
This affirms our original thoughts that the bulk simply won't register. It may wind up being around 30-40% that do.
And the next incident we will either never find out who ether because it wasn't registered, or never found. And if we do, they won't know or care about registering.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Rob2160

There might be another rush just before 19th Feb. Also many of those sold over Christmas are under 250 grams so the owners don't need to register.

And the next incident we will either never find out who ether because it wasn't registered, or never found. And if we do, they won't know or care about registering.
Its early days and this is a long term plan, just wait until a few news stories appear of people being fined for not being registered.

Lets see how many people are registered a year from now.

Last edited by Rob2160; 01-25-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:38 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Rob2160
There might be another rush just before 19th Feb. Also many of those sold over Christmas are under 250 grams so the owners don't need to register.

Its early days and this is a long term plan, just wait until a few news stories appear of people being fined for not being registered.

+1. These large scale roll-outs just don't happen overnight. A year is more realistic.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:10 AM
F-16 viperman

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
+1

I stole the pic from another thread. It seems relevant!
That's perfect. As I've said before, "For Those Who naively believe lady justice is blind consider this, for those of Us who don't have the right financial or social status, that b*tch can see very clearly". What an FN joke!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Herman Munster.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	2143495  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:40 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Rob2160

BS it's obviously not working. We need to tell the FAA to kill this NOW!!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 12:16 PM
porcia83
Banned

BS it's obviously not working. We need to tell the FAA to kill this NOW!!!!
LoL....300k in a few weeks or so isn't exactly "slowing". It's a big number. You're looking past the fact that many of these that were sold did not meet the weight requirement. As for telling the FAA to stop, don't waster your time or effort. It's as useful as telling the AMA to ban MR...it's just not going to happen.

It's best to deal with the reality of what we have, which is a registration. Then move on and keep flying. I'm not worried about those that didn't or won't register, that will be on them.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Sport_Pilot

LoL....300k in a few weeks or so isn't exactly "slowing". It's a big number.
What!! It will be an average salary in a few years! A drop In the bucket, and probably only 10% maybe less of all owners! I don't think it would be surprising that there are over 3 million owners if there are about a million new owners last month alone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.