Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 07:21 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Chris , Ol Sport here is toyin' with ya , He said some months ago in a different thread that he's not currently active in the hobby , and is just here for the talking points . So yes , when and if he resumes flying he'll either register or be at risk of a severe boning at the hands of the FAA .

PS , Sport , before ya say it , yea I know , any charges the FAA were to levy would have to be upheld in a court of law and it's no 100% certainty the FAA would win , yada yada yada , BUT ! , , With the $$$$ you'd spend winning that favorable decision , the FAA will still have won as they will have torn considerable $$$$ outta yer hide in lawyer's fees defending yourself ...
Remember the FCC requirement to register your radio? How many were convicted or even issued a citation? How bout the 1991 narrow band requirement. Anybody given a citation on that one? People still occasionally fly their older broadband equipment.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:27 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris , Ol Sport here is toyin' with ya , He said some months ago in a different thread that he's not currently active in the hobby , and is just here for the talking points . So yes , when and if he resumes flying anything over 1/2 pound he'll either register or be at risk of a severe boning at the hands of the FAA .

PS , Sport , before ya say it , yea I know , any charges the FAA were to levy would have to be upheld in a court of law and it's no 100% certainty the FAA would win , yada yada yada , BUT ! , , With the $$$$ you'd spend winning that favorable decision , the FAA will still have won as they will have torn considerable $$$$ outta yer hide in lawyer's fees defending yourself ...
I get what you are saying, but I don't see anybody getting fined or taken to court over what amounts to paperwork. Endangering lives and not being registered, then yes.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:35 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Remember the FCC requirement to register your radio? How many were convicted or even issued a citation? How bout the 1991 narrow band requirement. Anybody given a citation on that one? People still occasionally fly their older broadband equipment.
If you are asking about the 27 MHZ band , The reason that has no bearing here is because no lives were said to be at stake by abandoning the citizen's band frequencies by the FCC , whereas the FAA says there is a danger today of the possibility of a drone/airliner collision causing loss of life . The 27 MHZ band wasn't about to be colliding with anybody , apples & oranges my friend
Old 01-27-2016, 07:47 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mike1974
I get what you are saying, but I don't see anybody getting fined or taken to court over what amounts to paperwork. Endangering lives and not being registered, then yes.
Oh believe me my Friend , I don't think any of this registration business IS going to prevent a collision cause as someone else posted the pic of Herman Munster saying, "I don't think the terrorists are gonna register their drones" . And this also goes for idiots as well as terrorists , they aint gonna register either . The type of guy like yourself who makes sure there are no full scale around isn't going to be the one having the collision , it's going to be the "hey look at my awesome Utoob vid inside this jet's window" idiot that causes the collision and I'd guess it ain't gonna be registered either . I really don't think enforcement will become an issue till there is a collision or reports from a full scale that a UAS is where it don't belong .
Old 01-27-2016, 07:49 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

I don't have to register, the AMA does not require it. And I will not fly if they do. I'll wait it out with micro designs if they do.
Please reread my post, I didn't say the AMA requires it, yet. There's nothing that says that clubs or events cannot require it either. You could be waiting a long time. Maybe the AMA's automatic registration program will kick in and automatically register you.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Chris , Ol Sport here is toyin' with ya , He said some months ago in a different thread that he's not currently active in the hobby , and is just here for the talking points . So yes , when and if he resumes flying anything over 1/2 pound he'll either register or be at risk of a severe boning at the hands of the FAA .

Thanks init4fun, I should have known.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:54 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
.laed gib a ti ekam sklof emoS
Spekadah Inglsh thr CP. PEease....Bttr yet's ya's gots the URL.

Sory can't dbbl spce 1 line
Old 01-27-2016, 07:54 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Maybe they do, just not at my field.

Remember Hobby Lobby? They had the same attitude:

http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-issues-...rt-15-marketer
Old 01-27-2016, 07:55 AM
Sport_Pilot

If you are asking about the 27 MHZ band , The reason that has no bearing here is because no lives were said to be at stake by abandoning the citizen's band frequencies by the FCC , whereas the FAA says there is a danger today of the possibility of a drone/airliner collision causing loss of life . The 27 MHZ band wasn't about to be colliding with anybody , apples & oranges my friend
The 27 Mhz band is still legal. I am talking about the 72 Mhz broad band. It steps on other users.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:57 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Spekadah Inglsh thr CP. PEease....Bttr yet's ya's gots the URL.

Sory can't dbbl spce 1 line
.dneirf ym ,sdnah ruoy no emit hcum oot yaw evah uoY ,eiggoD
Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Sport_Pilot

Please reread my post, I didn't say the AMA requires it, yet. There's nothing that says that clubs or events cannot require it either. You could be waiting a long time. Maybe the AMA's automatic registration program will kick in and automatically register you.
LOL maybe, but suspect the whole thing will be scrapped. Just like the old FCC requirement.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:01 AM
Sport_Pilot

Maybe they do, just not at my field.

Remember Hobby Lobby? They had the same attitude:

http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-issues-...rt-15-marketer
Buy they did not issue citations to those who bought and used them.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:19 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Buy they did not issue citations to those who bought and used them.
"On July 28, the FCC issued a Citation to Hobby Lobby International (HLI) for marketing non-compliant radio frequency devices."

The folks purchasing them were not marketing them. The takeaway is the FCC issued a citation for breaking the law. Maybe you'll get one, maybe you won't. Kind of like speeding tickets not everyone pulled over for speeding gets one.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:20 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

LOL maybe, but suspect the whole thing will be scrapped. Just like the old FCC requirement.
Wishful thinking.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:52 AM
Sport_Pilot

"On July 28, the FCC issued a Citation to Hobby Lobby International (HLI) for marketing non-compliant radio frequency devices."

The folks purchasing them were not marketing them. The takeaway is the FCC issued a citation for breaking the law. Maybe you'll get one, maybe you won't. Kind of like speeding tickets not everyone pulled over for speeding gets one.
So that would be a very bad example to use here. That is what I was trying to get across, but you just assumed I am stupid.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 AM
Sport_Pilot

Wishful thinking.
Wishful but also truthful thinking.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:57 AM
mike1974

Oh believe me my Friend , I don't think any of this registration business IS going to prevent a collision cause as someone else posted the pic of Herman Munster saying, "I don't think the terrorists are gonna register their drones" . And this also goes for idiots as well as terrorists , they aint gonna register either . The type of guy like yourself who makes sure there are no full scale around isn't going to be the one having the collision , it's going to be the "hey look at my awesome Utoob vid inside this jet's window" idiot that causes the collision and I'd guess it ain't gonna be registered either . I really don't think enforcement will become an issue till there is a collision or reports from a full scale that a UAS is where it don't belong .
I agree 100%
Old 01-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Wishful but also truthful thinking.
Perhaps from your frame of mind.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

So that would be a very bad example to use here. That is what I was trying to get across, but you just assumed I am stupid.
Of course it's a bad example, it disproves your theory.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:11 AM
mike1974

Pretty sure his point was that the end users were not getting citations. And as you pointed out, they were not; it was Hobby Lobby. Not sure how it disproves his point. Looked to me like you made his point.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 AM
Sport_Pilot

How can it? There is no manufacture of registration.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:30 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

How can it? There is no manufacture of registration.
You can tell it to the FCC when/if they issue you a summons. "Hey, no one else got one, why are you giving me one". I bet they hear that all the time.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Pretty sure his point was that the end users were not getting citations. And as you pointed out, they were not; it was Hobby Lobby. Not sure how it disproves his point. Looked to me like you made his point.
Perhaps the end users were not breaking the law.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:26 AM
mike1974

Perhaps the end users were not breaking the law.
If people purchased non-compliant radio frequency devices, were they not breaking the law?
Old 01-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Sport_Pilot

If people purchased non-compliant radio frequency devices, were they not breaking the law?
Yes, but the FCC is pretty lenient if it is a toy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.