Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike1974
Why in the world would they harass someone flying within the AMA safety code? How does that make an example out of anybody? If anything, it makes the FAA look like a bunch of jack*****es.

"Tonight on CNN, Billy Bob fined 1000.00 by the FAA. He was flying responsibly and within the AMA safety code (read doing nothing wrong) but he didn't fill out an online form. Apparently the FAA has nothing more important to do than harass Billy Bob, who was flying safely, about an online form".

My bad, I thought they were doing this in the name of NAS safety and not to harass law abiding citizens.
Are you the one who's relentlessly self justified flying BLOS?
Old 01-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night on the new TV show "You, Me, and the Apocalypse", a woman was in jail because she hacked into a NSA computer. Even though she did not take any data, or mess up any software, data, or hardware, they put her in jail for at least 5 years. They said they did this to set an example.

Then they announce that a huge comet was on its way and the world would end! LOL talk about cause and effect!
Old 01-29-2016, 01:38 PM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
No, but I do fly BLOS. I was not even talking about BLOS; just rc pilots following the AMA safety code but not registering. Why would the FAA make examples of such people?
Old 01-29-2016, 01:46 PM
mike1974

Well , if they are not playing games then they won't be going after responsible pilots flying within the AMA safety code whose only "crime" would be not filing some paperwork.
Try them and see. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few examples. You know, just to test the process to make sure it's working.
Why in the world would they harass someone flying within the AMA safety code? How does that make an example out of anybody? If anything, it makes the FAA look like a bunch of jack*****es.

"Tonight on CNN, Billy Bob fined 1000.00 by the FAA. He was flying responsibly and within the AMA safety code (read doing nothing wrong) but he didn't fill out an online form. Apparently the FAA has nothing more important to do than harass Billy Bob, who was flying safely, about an online form".

My bad, I thought they were doing this in the name of NAS safety and not to harass law abiding citizens.
Maybe you thought I was referring to FPV flight? I was not. But, I get your angle now if you were referring to my FPV flying. I just meant it would be silly for the FAA to make examples of AMA safety code following pilots who have not registered. FPV is probably about 10% of my flying and of that 10% most of my FPV flying follows the AMA safety code. The other 90% you would consider traditional.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Maybe you thought I was referring to FPV flight? I was not. But, I get your angle now if you were referring to my FPV flying. I just meant it would be silly for the FAA to make examples of AMA safety code following pilots who have not registered. FPV is probably about 10% of my flying and of that 10% most of my FPV flying follows the AMA safety code. The other 90% you would consider traditional.
The FAA could care less about the AMA safety code, they only care about the law.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:46 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Sadly my Friend , the news media don't see us that way . They see us as a bunch of weird rich old guys playing with toys , and they just love having a "bad guy" to sensationalize and draw viewers . You'd never be portrayed as "Mr. upstanding citizen" , that's for sure , more like the "affluenza oldster" for maximum hate churning , so called "ratings gold" ....

Old 01-30-2016, 12:57 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The FAA could care less about the AMA safety code, they only care about the law.
OK, I'm going to throw my hat into this ring. If FAA cared about the LAW, they'd observe and obey 336. That's law. All FAA's observing is FAA FARs and other BS. Those aren't law.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:14 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Law? What law? Maybe you were being sarcastic when you posted this and forgot the smiley?
Old 01-30-2016, 05:31 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Law? What law? Maybe you were being sarcastic when you posted this and forgot the smiley?
All the laws they are responsible for enforcing. Smileys are for 12 years olds.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:33 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
OK, I'm going to throw my hat into this ring. If FAA cared about the LAW, they'd observe and obey 336. That's law. All FAA's observing is FAA FARs and other BS. Those aren't law.
I hope a judge tells them they are wrong, but until that time comes they obviously believe what they are doing is legal.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:12 AM
mike1974

Quote from Crispy...........All the laws they are responsible for enforcing. Smileys are for 12 years olds.

I hope a judge tells them they are wrong, but until that time comes they obviously believe what they are doing is legal.
Crispy, i'm sorry, but you are wrong. The FAA as a 3 letter gov't org might care about the law, but the FAA is made up of human beings. Your friends, neighbors, etc. They have common sense (hopefully) and emotions. The FAA is not a bunch of pre-programmed robots. Mark my words; they are not going to go on a witch hunt for a bunch of non-registered AMA members who are following the safety code. They are trying to keep the NAS safe. That would be counter-productive to keeping the NAS safe and would serve no useful purpose other than to make the FAA look like a bunch of jerks.

Not to be rude, but you sound like a bitter, grumpy old fart with your smiley's are for 12 year olds crack. Smiley's rock!! So does being silly!! My best friend and I had my 4 year old daughter rolling on the floor laughing last night because we were being silly, funny and goofy. People need more smiley' if you ask me!!!

Peace out Crisp, I'm going to the mall with my family to check out the Lego Store, Build a Bear, merry go round, etc. Fun times!!!! Enjoy your bah-humbug day Mr. No Smiley.

Last edited by mike1974; 01-30-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:56 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Quote from Crispy...........All the laws they are responsible for enforcing. Smileys are for 12 years olds.

Crispy, i'm sorry, but you are wrong. The FAA as a 3 letter gov't org might care about the law, but the FAA is made up of human beings. Your friends, neighbors, etc. They have common sense (hopefully) and emotions. The FAA is not a bunch of pre-programmed robots. Mark my words; they are not going to go on a witch hunt for a bunch of non-registered AMA members who are following the safety code. They are trying to keep the NAS safe. That would be counter-productive to keeping the NAS safe and would serve no useful purpose other than to make the FAA look like a bunch of jerks.

I never said they were going on witch hunts. Doesn't matter anyway, if you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if you're flying BLOS when you know you're not supposed to be then, well then, that's the risk you take and that's why they have fines and penalties.

Not to be rude, but you sound like a bitter, grumpy old fart with your smiley's are for 12 year olds crack. Smiley's rock!! So does being silly!! My best friend and I had my 4 year old daughter rolling on the floor laughing last night because we were being silly, funny and goofy. People need more smiley' if you ask me!!!

Thanks for the compliments. Using emoticons is a personal choice.

Peace out Crisp, I'm going to the mall with my family to check out the Lego Store, Build a Bear, merry go round, etc. Fun times!!!! Enjoy your bah-humbug day Mr. No Smiley.
No bah-humbug here. Making bacon!

I stand corrected. The FAA isn't a LEA, but the DOT is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa..._United_States
Old 01-30-2016, 07:25 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Well put.

Chrissy reminds me of a kid addicted to online gaming.
He's obsessed, compulsively posts even if its garbage, most of the time to try and get a reaction.
Its his online game.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:57 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I think it pretty safe bet that most of those people actually used them. Pretty poor of you to argue such a small technicality. But actually it is obvious that you did not know it was illegal to use them.

If people purchased non-compliant radio frequency devices, were they not breaking the law?

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Yes, but the FCC is pretty lenient if it is a toy.

Wasn't asking if they used them.
What's this got to do with Registration anyway? Let's get back on topic .. It's all about the FAA not the FCC.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Hilarious!
Old 01-30-2016, 10:19 AM
HoundDog

No, but I do fly BLOS. I was not even talking about BLOS; just rc pilots following the AMA safety code but not registering. Why would the FAA make examples of such people?
Well let's see Number
1. The FAA is a government Agency.
2. The FAA has No Problem in Spitting in the EYE of Congress much less any CBO ie.AMA
3. The FAA can and No One will even attempt to stop the.
4. The FAA believes that it GOD when it comes to the NAS and anything but Birds and Butter flies enter it.
Just yesterday I was speaking to my new student about the FAA and his requirement to Obtain an FAA Registration. Turns out He spent Years as an airplane Mechanic in Alaska. Had many a dealing with the local FSDO and the FAA. He commented that Alaska was the most Ramp Checked state of all 50 and the USA possessions too.

Man really hope that we/AMA/R/C TOY airplane Pilots aren't subject to Ramp Checks by the FAA.. Anyone see anything that maybe we will be subject may just to check if we have the FAA number on our Person and in/on what U are flying. U don't need the Number on/in a plane if U are not flying it. DO You?

One last Question What about Canidians Flying at AMA Fields or USA in General. What is their status with the FAA? Any facts or even Ideas?
Old 01-30-2016, 11:16 AM
HoundDog

Nope, the FAA thinks it is GOD when it comes to the control of the NAS and "When, Where & How" anyone may use the NAS. Said it before and will keep saying it. Plane and simple, Like the IRS, The FAA believes U R Guilty till You Prove U R Innocent or at least right. Better hope that some Federal (Non NAS informed Judge) does't strike down amendment #336 because it is telling the FAA what it Can not do, Not what it may do.

Congress makes appropriations bills. The different Federal Agencies Use the money and a guide line from congress to accomplish (in the case of the FAA) The Safety of the NAS. Also U must Understand that Telling the FAA how to do their Job i.e. #336 is what has. if not a contributing factor, propagated the whole & only reason why R'/C TOY flyers and the AMA in general are in this quagmire with the FAA in the First Place. AMA/Congress Should have Objected to the FAA decision to control the "When Where & How" we use the NAS for our Hobby after the NPRM was read into the congressional record. At that time it would have been better to have congress say that the FAA did not have any right to make any laws/FAR's concerning any R/C TOY flown strictly for recreational purposes. Waiting couldn't have turned out any worse than we have it now, Waiting may have resulted in no problem at all. Now we will never Know for certain because 20/20 is hind sight. The immediate problem is how can we curtail the damage all ready in progress or already done.

Trying a preemptive strike, I believe is the sole cause with the problems we now have wit the FAA. If congress was so concerned with the recognitional R/C TOY hobby in the USA why haven.t they come to our rescue? I believe that congress thought this was a minor NO BRAINER and Now realise that if they stand against the FAA and some Tragedy happens it will be looked on as their fault Not the FAA's.

Why can't we/AMA partition the FAA for 2400 +/- 2/10th SQ miles areas (or half that area when the field has but one runway) protected or at least with warnings to full scale air craft to the Presence of a MODEL AIR FIELD with full scale restrictions to 1500'AGL. i.e. the placing of a circle or Semicircle i.e. a D Shaped a symbol on sectionals aeronautical maps much Like Parachute / Glider / Mining Blast areas or even "ALERT AREAS" like those depicted as high concentration of student training.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Nope, the FAA thinks it is GOD when it comes to the control of the NAS and "When, Where & How" anyone may use the NAS. Said it before and will keep saying it. Plane and simple, Like the IRS, The FAA believes U R Guilty till You Prove U R Innocent or at least right. Better hope that some Federal (Non NAS informed Judge) does't strike down amendment #336 because it is telling the FAA what it Can not do, Not what it may do.

Congress makes appropriations bills. The different Federal Agencies Use the money and a guide line from congress to accomplish (in the case of the FAA) The Safety of the NAS. Also U must Understand that Telling the FAA how to do their Job i.e. #336 is what has. if not a contributing factor, propagated the whole & only reason why R'/C TOY flyers and the AMA in general are in this quagmire with the FAA in the First Place. AMA/Congress Should have Objected to the FAA decision to control the "When Where & How" we use the NAS for our Hobby after the NPRM was read into the congressional record. At that time it would have been better to have congress say that the FAA did not have any right to make any laws/FAR's concerning any R/C TOY flown strictly for recreational purposes. Waiting couldn't have turned out any worse than we have it now, Waiting may have resulted in no problem at all. Now we will never Know for certain because 20/20 is hind sight. The immediate problem is how can we curtail the damage all ready in progress or already done.

Trying a preemptive strike, I believe is the sole cause with the problems we now have wit the FAA. If congress was so concerned with the recognitional R/C TOY hobby in the USA why haven.t they come to our rescue? I believe that congress thought this was a minor NO BRAINER and Now realise that if they stand against the FAA and some Tragedy happens it will be looked on as their fault Not the FAA's.

Why can't we/AMA partition the FAA for 2400 +/- 2/10th SQ miles areas (or half that area when the field has but one runway) protected or at least with warnings to full scale air craft to the Presence of a MODEL AIR FIELD with full scale restrictions to 1500'AGL. i.e. the placing of a circle or Semicircle i.e. a D Shaped a symbol on sectionals aeronautical maps much Like Parachute / Glider / Mining Blast areas or even "ALERT AREAS" like those depicted as high concentration of student training.

?yawyna noitartsiger htiw od ot tog siht s'tahW
Old 01-30-2016, 11:35 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Games, nothing more.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:12 PM
HoundDog

Thanks for your continued support ... I Think?
Old 01-30-2016, 12:17 PM
HoundDog

Hilarious!
Come on now Luchnia; Crissy is a Funny Guy ... can't U see the Humor?
Old 01-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Thanks for your continued support ... I Think?
!naf tseggib ruoy m'I ,eiggoD
Old 01-30-2016, 01:41 PM
HoundDog

!naf tseggib ruoy m'I ,eiggoD
Now tell me How U really feel ... I can take it.

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-30-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:30 AM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I received the AMA email saying to register by the 19th of February. So even if they will be successful in reversing the rule at a later time it will be useless for 98% of AMA members who already registered in order to continue flying.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:54 AM
NorfolkSouthern

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C
I received the AMA email saying to register by the 19th of February. So even if they will be successful in reversing the rule at a later time it will be useless for 98% of AMA members who already registered in order to continue flying.
I don't think it's useless at all. Because the more the AMA antagonizes the FAA, the more likely stricter rules will be put into place. And if push comes to shove, the next budget bill that passes could have Section 336 eliminated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.